It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interview with the Great Spirit

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+49 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
My sister sent me this some 10 years ago in an e-mail, she didn't write it and it was listed as anon so I can't thank the original author personally, although I would like too, anyway at the time she sent it me I was quite down and it lifted my spirits and i have kept it with me always, just wanted to share it with you guys

Interview with the Great Spirit

I dreamed I had an interview with The Great Spirit.

"Come in," The Spirit said. "So, you would like to interview Me?"

"If you have the time," I said.

The Spirit smiled and said, "My time is eternity and it is enough to do everything; what questions do you have in mind to ask me?"

"What surprises you most about mankind?"

The Spirit answered;

"-That they get bored of being children, are in a rush to grow up, and then long to be children again.

-That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health.

-That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live neither for the present nor the future.

-That they live as if they will never die, and they die as if they had never lived."

The Great Spirit's hands took mine and we were silent for a while and then I asked, "As a parent, what are some of life's lessons that children should learn?"

The Spirit replied with a smile;

"-To learn that they cannot make anyone love them. What they can do is to let themselves be loved.

-To learn that a rich person is not the one who has the most, but is one who needs the least.

-To learn that it only takes a few seconds to open profound wounds in persons we love, and that it takes many years to heal them.

-To learn that there are persons who love them dearly, but simply do not know how to express or show their feelings.

-To learn that two people can look at the same thing and see it totally different.

-To learn that it is not always enough that they be forgiven by others, but that they have to forgive themselves."

I sat there for awhile enjoying the moment. I thanked him for his time and for all that he has done for me and my family.

He replied, "Anytime. I'm here 24 hours a day.
All you have to do is ask for me, and I'll answer."

People will forget what you said.
People will forget what you did.
But people will never forget how you made them feel.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
s&f
that was intense

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
That was awesome

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Thanks guys

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Aye, I saw this on YouTube some years ago and I had almost forgot about it. Thank you kindly for reminding me!

And here's the video I saw back then:

Peace and Love.
edit on 31/3/11 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Thanks for posting the video
I wonder who wrote the original, it seems to have inspired a lot of people
hope he got good karma for it

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Very nice, thanks for sharing it with us.

I particularly liked the following line:
"That they live as if they will never die, and they die as if they had never lived."

True for many of us out there.

edit on 31/3/2011 by Dark Ghost because: formatting

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I love this
and its all true.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
absolutely
beautiful :-)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
many Blessings to you my friend... This was something that people need to understand now morethan ever.
We need to place value on things that really should have value

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
"Great Spirit?"

"Yes child."

"Why is there so much suffering in the world?"

(Long silence)

"Uh, Great Spirit? Well?"

"You would not understand."

"You're probably right, but we've got all the time in the world!"

(Long silence)

"Great Sprit...?"

"QUIET! I'M THINKING!"

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Only the young children have the healing power of God because they are true innocence. To get into Heaven we must throw away our worries and negativity, be like children to share Gods love. Mark my words, God loves his children and if you can find it in your heart to toss out all negativity you will be welcomed into the Kingdom of God.

One mans quest to find God and he is now changed forever. This is one of the best things I have ever watched.

topdocumentaryfilms.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
A wise Man once said:
There's only one instant, and it's right now. And it's eternity

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
This was beautiful! It even made me get teary thinking about my own personal life.

I shared this on my FB, thank you.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Truth can be seen for what it is if you open your mind and heart. This is a strong message with many truths contained within. It's too bad this message will not make it to the mainstream news, because they are only interested in the negative aspects of our world and ignore the positive. Star and flag

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

Wonderful post OP! Starred and Flagged

Not much on ATS resonates with me, but this did.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Skywatcher:

Everyone gets into heaven.

There is nowhere else to go.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
S&F

Beautiful ..It was music for my soul. I will keep this on my diary and pass it on to others.

Thank You For Sharing

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Nice post OP.

The essence is that you have to learn to love yourself, respect yourself and feel worthy of love to actually live the live you deserve. When your relationship with yourself is positive, then your relationship with others will be great too.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
We need something like this message here in ATS what with people here focused on their fears.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join