It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Increase in one-line posts

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I've noticed a disturbing increase in the amount of one-line posts. The majority of them are nonsensical replies that make up the "garbage" that clutters this site when one is trying to find intelligent replies within intelligent discussions. It seems like the majority of the posts come from new users that signed up within the past 6 months.

Do the mods need some help here or something? It's impossible to report every instance. Perhaps the rules need revision?

It's getting to be a pain in the arse.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The ones that bug me are the ones with the words "Second Line" added as a second line.
edit on 30-3-2011 by LazyGuy because: added Word

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
what bugs me more is long winded cluster f....post's wich are just retarded jibberish that only the poster can understand.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Or..poster's who act like they know something special/ think that they are divine and "the chosen one" .

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

One line posts suck.

Second line.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Average line per post ITT ... 1.2 Well thought out OP.
edit on 30-3-2011 by LikeDuhObviously because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Agreed,
But sometimes one line is all it takes to make a point.

Then again sometimes it goes against the topic
example :
"hey blahblah I like your avatar,sig and things like that. "
when reported they are usually taken care of.

I don't think all of them are reported.
Would be nice to have a little "check box" that we can click just to shrink the
posts we don't want to see, while re-reading threads.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
one line posts which make their point should not be stretched just for the sake of making a second line.

i've noticed on ATS the 'keeper of the flame' types that want to be a MOD so badly. that's sadness.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

I would much rather read something that clearly makes a point, in as few words as possible.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Single-line posts are sometimes more significant and, dare I say, profound than some which ramble on and on but make no concise point. I'd rather read ten words that express an idea efficiently than a hundred that say nothing at all.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
you
should
try
and
be
more
creative
when
avoiding
the
one
line
vortex

I
agree
with
a
previous
poster
that
said
sometimes
only
line
is
sufficient

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
We vote with ticks. One liners is progression.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
As long as there is substance behind them I do not see the harm. But I do agree there are some that are blatant attempts at receiving a +1.
edit on 3/30/1111 by Golithion because: DOH!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
I've noticed a disturbing increase in the amount of one-line posts. The majority of them are nonsensical replies that make up the "garbage" that clutters this site when one is trying to find intelligent replies within intelligent discussions. It seems like the majority of the posts come from new users that signed up within the past 6 months.

Do the mods need some help here or something? It's impossible to report every instance. Perhaps the rules need revision?

It's getting to be a pain in the arse.

Perhaps the mods do need help...maybe they need to create an ATS rent a cop position and you can be the first one to apply. People like you who complain and provide no solutions. Buckle up.... I nominate YOU to have all the one liners policed and trafficked on this forum.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Wow I read your post and thought "I agree; the one liners get going back and forth like it's a chat room and not a discussion forum!"

Then I read all the other replies. I still agree but some of them made me shoot soda out of my nose.

I alert damn near everything that bothers me like this and it seems to be effective. They haven't started ignoring me yet.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by dillweed
reply to post by LargeFries

I would much rather read something that clearly makes a point, in as few words as possible.

Indeed yes.....sometimes one line is all you need

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
if you can say what needs to be said in one line then i say ok that is fine, why the second line? most people go no further than one line any way when it comes to making a post, how many of you have read this 3rd line?
edit on 31-3-2011 by bekod because: word spelling

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
OP, why do you keep cluttering up the forum with pointless threads like this one? Couldn't you have just added it to your, "ATS posters are retards", thread (or what ever it was called) from a few days ago?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Another useless post, in another useless thread.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

few threads deserve more than one line

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join