It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama Planned New Middle-East War!! In 2009!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
All,

I stumbled across this in responding to a different thread and it is shocking to say the least. First, the video of the President's acceptance speech of the Nobel Peace Prize on December 10th 2009.

Accepting the Nobel Peace Prize

The key part of this speech is at the end of the video. At the time of course there was a lot of controversy about the President, in office for 11 months, and commanding two wars receiving the Nobel Peace Prize. The right felt it was an homage to the President for what Europe felt Obama would achieve in his presidency and also a slight to the former President Bush for having started those wars.

The President addressed that controversy early in the speech saying that he was either receiving the award because he was early in his "labors on the world stage" or because he was the commander and chief of the military involved in two wars. At the time the view on the left was that Obama was winding down the war in Afghanistan and that troop withdrawals were being planned in Iraq.

At the four minute mark of the speech he begins to define a "just war", reflects substantially on the conflicts of the last century, and the role of the United Nations. There are some interesting quotes in this section but irrelevant to the topic.

The speech then takes a decidedly pro-war turn starting at the twelve minute mark which was unusual for someone accepting the award. At the time it seemed like the President was making a gesture to the more hawkish right by reasserting that although he "stands as a living testimony to the force of non-violence" that he as the President must consider all sides and reserve the right to use force in defense of his nation.

However, he goes a step further by declaring that the "instruments of war have a role in preserving the peace" and then at the end of the speech says the following:

"This becomes particularly important when the purpose of military action extends beyond self-defense or defense of one nation against an aggressor.

More and more we all confront difficult questions about how to protect civilians against their own government or to stop a civil war who's violence can engulf an entire region.

I believe that force can be justified on humanitarian grounds as it was in the Balkans.

Inaction tears at our conscience and can lead to more costly intervention later. Thats why all responsible nations must embrace the role of military with a clear mandate to keep the peace."

In his speech to accept an award on peace he plants the idea that the use of military force must be embraced by the world for his redefinition of a justified war - to restore peace to nations in the midst of civil strife - on humanitarian grounds.

The Middle East Uprising - A Timeline

The link below contains an interactive chart of the uprisings in the middle east which started December 17th, 2010 - one year nearly to the date of his speech. The uprisings started in Tunisia, then carried over in to Algeria, Libya, Egypt, Yemen, Lebanon, Jordan, Palestine, Morocco, Saudi Arabia, Iran, and so on.

Arab spring: an interactive timeline of Middle East protests

The Confirmation

Now fast forward to Monday, March 28th, 2011. White House Aide and Genocide Advocate Credits Obama for Libyan Uprising. Here are some excerpts from the article:

White House aide Samantha Power, a former news reporter turned anti-genocide advocate, said President Obama’s two-year campaign to promote human rights helped trigger the uprising in Libya against Col. Moammar Gadhafi’s rule.

In a speech Monday at Columbia University, Ms. Power, director of multilateral affairs at the National Security Council, defended her support for the military operation against Libyan government forces and said the president’s efforts, through speeches in various foreign capitals, made it easier for other nations to stand with the United States against tyrants.

On the military operation to impose a no-fly zone, however, Ms. Power, said that “force can be justified on humanitarian grounds.”

Do you see the language that Ms. Power has utilized? The war is "justified" on "humanitarian grounds". If you are still drinking the Obama Kool-Aid or are getting paid then you won't see the connection and that is fine because you will one day. For the rest of us that are no longer blinded by the light that was Obama we can see what has happened.

1. Obama took over the policies of the Bush administration. He continued combat operations, even increased combat operations, tightened control over American civilians by expanding the purview of government agencies, and further reduced government transparency.

2. He adopted a revised plan to invade the middle-east and topple its governments - the 2011 middle-east invasion plan mentioned by Wesley Clark which included most of the nations listed above was dropped due to the resistance in Iraq and eroding support by voters. The revised plan introduced by Barack Obama to the Nobel Peace Prize committee (and the world) in his December 2009 speech was to redefine the meaning of a justified war - not restricting the definition but broadening it to include any nation deemed to be endangering its own civilians. Then a year passes and suddenly all of the nations on the target list start collapsing in to civil strife one by one.

3. Egypt falls with ease, and then Libya is chosen as the first target of the newly formed coalition. The whole operation is timed and combat operations delayed (to the peril of Libyan civilians) so as to commence on March 19th - a cult offering to the Goddess of the Dawn - Operation Odyssey Dawn.

This war isn't going to end in days, weeks, or months. This is the new "War on Terrorism" brought to you by the global elite.

If this is new to you - please share it with others - the uprising and war were planned years in advance - the people of the United States are being led in to an illegal unjustified war which is going to span numerous nations in the middle east and have global consequences!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Sure I believe that this whole Libya Shabang is about something else behind closed doors. Go tell this to the mainstream masses and they'll just shoot you down as another conspiracy nut. Just goes to show how naive the mainstream is but what can we do?
edit on 29-3-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I thought about it and went to lookup when the President started this movement to undermine the middle east and justify the wars.

Remember when he went to Cairo and gave a speech praising the Egyptian people which had people on the right all riled up? It was June 2009.

The speech was given a title by the White House -

The President's Speech in Cairo: A New Beginning

By the way, if you think this is important for people to understand please respond to this thread, don't just flag it!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Recent NPR broadcasts referred to this "Libya" event as an example of "The Obama Doctrine" which, we were told to accept was laid out in the Nobel speech. .... how's that for creating a new meme out of an old strategy?

Political marketers need to get out of the ivory towers.... they are just embarrassing themselves now....

link   
WOW! Talk about reaching to bash Obama.

If you want to know who planned the Iraq war - - - go here: PNAC

www.newamericancentury.org...

link   
$$$$$$$$$ WINNING!

edit on 29-3-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

It's like connect-the-dots really, look back at everything that's happened in the last two decades. there is no doubt whatsoever that it was all planned.

P.s I love your signature

edit on 29-3-2011 by Mentalistbee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

The OP is referring to the current Libyan "intervention." And there is a strong case, using Obama's own words. I don't believe for a minute, however, that Obama planned anything. His speech was written for him, just as the plans to go into Libya were made for him.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
WOW! Talk about reaching to bash Obama.

If you want to know who planned the Iraq war - - - go here: PNAC

www.newamericancentury.org...

Perhaps you can explain to us then how two trains headed in completely opposite directions reached the same place? Bush and Obama - all this administration has done is reset the strategy to arrive at the same destination. In fact its worse because now we don't need to be attacked or defend a nation from an aggressor to enter war, we just need to define the action as humanitarian - of course we have to collapse their government first. You cannot deny Obama supports this - he called for it to happen in 2009! Wake up!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by Annee

The OP is referring to the current Libyan "intervention." And there is a strong case, using Obama's own words. I don't believe for a minute, however, that Obama planned anything. His speech was written for him, just as the plans to go into Libya were made for him.

I believe the president is a figurehead - - - the presidency is a group of power people - some visible - some not.

This was just really a stretch - - for the singular purpose to bash Obama. Its getting old.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Exactly, I didn't put it in the original post but I put it in chat. I don't believe Obama or Bush were behind any of this - they are just the front-men. The fact that two people with supposedly 180 degree views of the world (except for bailouts) can be so similar. In chat, I said it wreaks of conspiracy and it makes me sound and feel like a nut job but its out there in public view for everyone to see - the President of the United States is answering to someone else and it isn't the American people.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

I guess the issue here is, every one saw these middle eastern wars begin when George Bush was the president, so the thing is, people don't blame Obama, they think this is just him ''fixing'' what Bush did. They don't realise he's just carrying on what the other began.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

If the current actions in Libya succeed in regime change, Ghaddafi will have been paid back for Lockerbie. Lockerbie will not have been a reason for current actions, but a lot of people who lost loved one's will take comfort from Ghaddafi's departure from power, especially if he is arraigned before the International Court at The Hague for violating the human rights of his people.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I agree with you. Obama did not plan this, anymore than Bush planned Afghanistan and Iraq. The OP does make a case for the "intervention" having been planned at least two years ago, though.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ciscoagent
If the current actions in Libya succeed in regime change, Ghaddafi will have been paid back for Lockerbie. Lockerbie will not have been a reason for current actions, but a lot of people who lost loved one's will take comfort from Ghaddafi's departure from power, especially if he is arraigned before the International Court at The Hague for violating the human rights of his people.

I understand where you are coming from but this is much larger than Libya. This will not end with Libya by their own definition. Ghaddafi, as you put it, may be the least offensive target and that is why we are engaged with Libya and not Syria but once he collapses the next nation will be on the chopping block unless we make it unpalatable for them to follow through with it. They changed the strategy because we couldn't stomach anymore of it - we have to force them to do it again with our voices.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I agree with you. Obama did not plan this, anymore than Bush planned Afghanistan and Iraq. The OP does make a case for the "intervention" having been planned at least two years ago, though.

Thanks, I am glad you understand where I am coming from on this. I am not bashing Obama - I am using Obama's own words from 2 years ago to put his current actions to light and show that he isn't a victim of circumstance. This was planned - and given that his speech and actions ran counter to the views he campaigned on I agree that he is was the hand-picked servant to carry this out.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Fair enough.

But it is so much bigger then that.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Nice find S+F.

By the way, have you seen this? A US general talking about Libya and Iran plus others a few years ago.

www.youtube.com...

Sorry not sure how to embed so il just give another link down here to the video.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 29-3-2011 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeopleParty
By the way, have you seen this? A us general talking about the Libya and Iran plus others a few years ago.

Yes, this is the reference to Wesley Clarke that I mentioned. According to him, in 2001 after the 9/11 attacks he was told that the administration was planning to invade a multitude of countries in the middle east and then later when they were planning to attack Afghanistan he was told again that the plan was still in effect.

This is what I believe happened - they went in to Iraq first because of the history with Saddam and he would be a good villain as is Qaddafi. I believe the with war being over as quickly as it was in the spring of 2003 the plan was still in effect but then the policing of Iraq became the problem and the growing death toll and the growing anger over the WMD derailed the agenda.

The discussion with Obama was on how to get the agenda back on track and the Obama Doctrine of justifiable war without interest was born. Then from 2009 to 2010 the seeds were planted to cause civil strife in those countries and they picked the fruit which they thought would go down the easiest.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I've been watching the Cairo speech - I can't shake the feeling that I'm watching a Senator of Rome give the speech.

"This last point is important because there are some who advocate for Democracy only when they are out of power, once in power they are ruthless in suppressing the rights of others." - Obama

top topics

<<   2 >>

join