It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP sources: Manslaughter charge explored in spill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

AP sources: Manslaughter charge explored in spill

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON – Manslaughter and perjury are among possible charges that Justice Department investigators are exploring in the early stages of their probe into the Gulf oil spill, people familiar with the inquiry said Tuesday.

These people said the Justice Department is not ruling out the possibility of bringing manslaughter charges against companies or managers responsible for the explosion aboard the rig that killed 11 workers.

The department also is examining congressional testimony by company executives, including former BP CEO Tony Hayward, to determine whether their statements were
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I just spent time with my children in Florida's panhandle gulf coast and some residents there are talking about friends who have mysterious illnesses who frequently swam or kayaked in the ocean.

Many on ATS who followed the horrible disaster in the gulf will be watching these proceedings. I don't hold a great deal of hope that justice will be served.

We have created a culture where the perpetrators are allowed to control the crime scene and clean up their mess - unfortunately not necessarily the messes that affect all of us. Like BP - Like TEPCO

We will be watching....

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 29-3-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
This will fade into the darkness as everything else does when people with control are charged with crimes. If anything some low level puppet will take the fall for the entire operation.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Our prosecutors must know that charging BP with a crime is like trying to charge another country with a crime.

Transnational, Corporate Sovereignty, "Global" investments.... it all leads to the virtual guarantee that a fall guy will be identified and placed in the firing line....

Unless, of course, they house all the "evidence" in one building and then demolish it..... case closed ala ENRON! (my bad.... I probably shouldn't have "gone there")

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Thank you OP for bringing this to the general attention of ATS. I live on Florida's West Central Coast and can assure you the residual effects of this event ARE NOT forgotten to many of us. As a native Floridian I avoid eating local seafood despite assurances it is safe, but that is just me. My wife's cousin is a devout Gulf sport fisherman. He used to give us all the Grouper (bottom feeding fish) we could freeze. He won't even bring them into his boat anymore as he says "they just don't look right." If you go to the beach and dig about a foot at water's edge, you will see brown milky film.

The Corexit caused the oil to simply sink to bottom, where it remains. I'm no fear monger, but there is danger lurking below that serene turquoise water. It saddens me to no end.

On a related note, the Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission has suspended Grouper fishing due to dwindling abundance. Now for sake of accuracy this has been an ongoing battle for years penalizing avid sportsmen who are prohibited from legally catching Grouper largely due to overfishing by commercial fisherman and they seem to think stocks are plenty from diver's accounts. However it just goes to add further fuel to the fire.

Please keep in mind all of this is simply my .02¢ Nonetheless, I loathe BP and hope they pay the ultimate price.

Ban / regs here: myfwc.com...

edit on 29-3-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Thank you so much for your reply. When I was there with my children, we visited the beaches and it looked like huge truck loads of "fresh" sand had to have been brought in. The sand was very deep and seemed to be piled near the roads in the dune areas for future use as well. This is far from our first visit to these same beaches so there was a notable difference.

The illness being experienced by so many in the area seems to follow the pattern....can't be directly attributed...but everyone knows it must be related to BP. It is so sad. The panhandle beaches have to be some of the most beautiful places on earth.

What are the symptoms that have been tied to the dispersents use in the past that have made them, from my understanding, illegal to use in other parts of the world?

My son ordered grouper from the menu at the restaurant....

Thanks again for sharing your insight.
edit on 29-3-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join