It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation and its effects on the immune system

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I should start off by saying I'm not a doomsday type of person. However, I think I should share what's happening to us Californians. Recently, I have become sick and so have a lot of other people around my area. Apparently there is some type of super bug going around. Here's a link to LA time's article. latimesblogs.latimes.com... I think I should tell you I do not know if I personally have the super bug, I have symptoms of both a flu and cold + green mucus is hacked up from the lungs, and yellow mucus is caught in the nasal cavity aka congestion. Hot and cold flashes, fatigue like the common cold i vomited the first day i had it . Now here's a link to radiation sickness from the BBC www.bbc.co.uk... Now this is in no way a shhtf moment only wondering if anybody else from Cali has the same symptoms oh, and I forgot my eyes burn and vision blurs sometimes. This could be a common cold, or it could be effects of low dose radiation sickness effecting my immune system + a cold. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the low level radiation could potentiality lower our immune system. Enough to let us catch a cold. Ps I normally don't get colds or the flu, so I could just be my time to get one, but I know of a few people who have the same symptoms and we all live in very different city's and we all caught it around the same time.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I've read a couple of threads about people feeling sick in the west coast and fearing radiation might have something to do with it. I think there's a reverse placebo effect going on. Everyone knows there is trace amounts of radiation in the air and people are getting sick thinking about it. I wouldn't fear though, the amounts of radiation that's coming over is very small and isn't at a level that is damaging to your health. I think people are just noticing everyone's common cold's and flu's, and digging into it to much. If you're really nervous about it then I'd say go see a doctor and hear what he's got to say about it. Remember it takes something like 130 rads before radiation becomes harmful.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
This is very reassuring to hear. Half my family and friends have come down with strange symptoms, including me, and I've been too immersed in daily activities to do something about it. However, the blurry vision stuff definitely worries me to no end.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I'm north of CA and have been having cold/flu symptoms off and on lately. These symptoms aren't uncommon for me during this time of year. Though, my husband has had some of the symptoms too and he gets sick less than I do. So, at the moment it's undetermined yet if the "fallout" has anything to do with it.
However,
I've heard of the "cloud" of radiation lingering over CA(was in a recent ATS post, video). &
Just tonight I was informed of radiation levels higher than normal found in local milk(WA State). Also, CA radation traces found in milk:
Link

King5,Seattle article quote:

Extremely low levels of radiation detected in Spokane milk sample

The FDA said such findings are to be expected in the coming days because of the nuclear crisis in Japan, and that the levels are expected to drop relatively quickly.

Results from a March 25 milk sample taken in Spokane, Wash., show levels of radioactive Iodine-131 that are still 5,000 times below levels of concern set by the FDA, including levels set for infants and children. Trace amounts of the radioactive isotope, Iodine-131, were detected. The Spokane Regional Health District said it agrees with numerous agencies that it is not necessary that the public take any precautionary action.
Source: article and video: King5 News Seattle

The just posted: brief Yahoo article of the news:
Yahoo News

Sources say the amount is not a cause of concern, but if people are feeling ill it should be a concern. Keep updating yourself on the info!

top topics

join