It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is Donald Trump, Newborn Birther, Trying To Hide From Us?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

I've gotta get to bed. BTW You need to take a trip to Mt. Airy NC and grab a meal at the Snappy Lunch. An experience like no other.

www.visitmayberry.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawaii50th
Those votes are nothing more that blind people wandering hopelessly for an illusion.

Am I the only one who finds the irony of a blind person seeking an illusion and odd metaphor?

Wouldn't an illusion require eyesight?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

Those votes are nothing more that blind people wandering hopelessly for an illusion.

Am I the only one who finds the irony of a blind person seeking an illusion and odd metaphor?

Wouldn't an illusion require eyesight?

You can still have site and yet be blind, ie. lack of the wisdom to know better.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by hawaii50th

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I've wasted no time in reading it.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Not really, as long as his parents are both U.S. citizens all he would need is the proper documentation to prove he is a U.S. citizen the only difference being born in a foreign country. He still would have status.
If I’m understanding correctly, you believe a person is a natural-born citizen, if both parents are US citizens, even if that person is born in a foreign country. Did I get that right?

If so, what is your belief based on? Any legislation? And why two parents? Again, based on any legislation or just your personal preference?

I’m sure it’s just coincidence that the scenario you described mimics John McCain’s situation.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by aptness

Not really, as long as his parents are both U.S. citizens all he would need is the proper documentation to prove he is a U.S. citizen the only difference being born in a foreign country. He still would have status.
If I’m understanding correctly, you believe a person is a natural-born citizen, if both parents are US citizens, even if that person is born in a foreign country. Did I get that right?

If so, what is your belief based on? Any legislation? And why two parents? Again, based on any legislation or just your personal preference?

I’m sure it’s just coincidence that the scenario you described mimics John McCain’s situation.

I have a niece that was born in Germany, her dad was in the U.S. Army, both her parents are U.S. citizens, she had to register her citizenship in the U.S. that's all she had to do, she was still a U.S. citizen before that, it's just a formality. Oh, and she does have the option to have dual citizenship so she could also be a citizen of Germany. This happened many years ago, and that's how it was for her.
edit on 1-4-2011 by hawaii50th because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Ditto with a niece born in Germany to US parents, just a formality to get the US docs.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Thank you for your response but you didn’t reply to a single question I posed.

I notice you said your niece is “still a US citizen,” despite the circumstance of being born in a foreign country, but you made no mention of being a natural-born citizen or not, which was my initial question. So, is she a natural-born citizen or not?

And why?

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Let me pose a question for birthers. I'll try to word it as simple as possible so your minds won't get blown:

Suppose Obama was a white man not born in the U.S and he became President? Would any of you still complain as loudly?

*makes popcorn*

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

I'm not a birther and I support our President, but yes I would complain loudly if the fact was established that this white foreign president was not a citizen. I think there it certain wisdom to having "local" born leaders. My gut tells me Obama is a citizen - I think this fact was established long ago in his paperwork for senate.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

I am going to have to print up some t-shirts.

BIRTHER HERE.

PROUD BIRTHER HERE.

BIRTHERS AND TRUTHERS UNITE!!!

Or, maybe a t-shirt that you expect to find...

BIRTHERS, TRUTHERS, AND RACISTS UNITE!!! LONG LIVE THE WHITE MAN!!!

Happy?

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
Let me pose a question for birthers. I'll try to word it as simple as possible so your minds won't get blown:

Suppose Obama was a white man not born in the U.S and he became President? Would any of you still complain as loudly?

*makes popcorn*

Of Course, it don't matter white, black, red, or purple the law is the law. Start making exceptions and what do you have, chaos and disorder, no more Republic, and that's where it seems to be heading if people don't unite as one.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Speaking of the law, the law says nothing about a candidate or the President having to show the public his birth certificate.

The law says Congress vets the President. The Congress certified Obama’s election without a single objection (source)—

Though the certification is a centuries-old ritual with a typically known outcome, this was the first non-contested Electoral College certification since 1996.

And I’m still waiting for answers to the questions I asked you above.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Trump will be used a the frontman when comes to trashing Obama much as Palin was. The problem last election is Palin aggrevated alot of folks in the middle. I think that cost McCain. The Republican playbook for the last few elections has been to slam the apponent on anything and everything no matter how bad it makes you look. Republicans are more negative while Democrats tend to be blamers.
If you have ever listened to Trump in interviews it is easy to see he will be destroyed in debates. I think the Republicans may have finaly come to the realization that people in the middle are tireed of negative campaigns and they will use Trump as a tool (no pun intended) to harass Obama while their true canidate will actually stand for something.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Considering that "valid" birth certificate was originally talked on the View website, I highly doubt it's validity. Anyone know where it was originally posted? Trump has a lot of money in this I think if that was Obama's real birth certificate he would have stopped by now and/or Obama would have brought it out when Trump started the whole thing. While I do not agree with the whole birther movement, it is a very big deal if Obama was not born in America. In case a lot of you have forgotten it clearly states in the Constitution that the president must be a natural born citizen of America. Also, in the Constitution is the First Amendment, the freedom of speech clause, which Trump is exercising here. So actually, for those of you who said that the birther argument is unconstitutional, you are blatantly wrong. It is constitutional to say or ask anything in America. You can be a racist, anarchist, communist, atheist, conspiracy theorist, or whatever else you want to be. The Constitution protects your right to spread your beliefs. That is the only reason we have things as immoral as rap music.

Also, if you would actually listen to Trump then you would hear when he states that he hopes Obama does. He is merely trying to say "Hey America, remember that old document the Constitution? This guy has violated that document at every turn. You may want to do something about it, js."

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by aptness

1) No it does not. But, it does say that you have to be a naturally born citizen though. Consequently, naturally born citizens must have birth certificates to verify their citizenship.

2) Maybe they overlooked it? Maybe it was intentional?

3) There have been other cases with former presidents in which this happened. In those cases the president was forced to show his birth certificate.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
It's from Jamaica?

Jamaica is in Queens. Now if we were to pull "a Birther", we can all say that it's just a coincidence and that he is really from the island of Jamaica. His grandmother even said he was born in Jamaica!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I tell ya what, I'd vote for trump in a heartbeat, here's my reasons why:
1. He's a VERY successful businessman
2. He's a Regan conservative
3. Dont give a damn what anyone thinks of him, he's there to do the job
4. He's not in it for the money or power, he's got both, he simply wants to fix things here in the US to make us proud to be Americans

Those are my reasons, I will stand by them. You (you know who YOU are), can come in here, post what you think his negative qualities are, thats okay, my mind wont be changed

TRUMP FOR PRESIDENT 2012
OBAMA, YOU'RE FIRED!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by cardicorona
1) No it does not. But, it does say that you have to be a naturally born citizen though. Consequently, naturally born citizens must have birth certificates to verify their citizenship.
Yeah, but Obama has a birth certificate and he has presented it publicly. If people don’t accept that birth certificate, even though it was vouched for by the competent authorities, then that’s their problem.

The point of my post was that, currently, Obama is not under any legal obligation to present his “long form” birth certificate. He, in fact, didn’t even have to publicly present the certificate he already did.

3) There have been other cases with former presidents in which this happened. In those cases the president was forced to show his birth certificate.
Which cases? And do you have a source?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by aptness

Thank you for your response but you didn’t reply to a single question I posed.

I notice you said your niece is “still a US citizen,” despite the circumstance of being born in a foreign country, but you made no mention of being a natural-born citizen or not, which was my initial question. So, is she a natural-born citizen or not?

And why?

Sorry I didn't answer your question sooner was busy with other things.
In answer to your question, there are two explanations and you could say the debate or argument has never been settled on what "Natural born" really means. One argument is to be natural born you have to be born on U.S. soil, the other argument is as long as you are born to two U.S. citizens you are natural born.
My niece was born in West Germany to two U.S. citizens on a U.S. Army military base. So in order to be a naturalized citizen the parents must apply for naturalization of the child, and the child must physically be living in the U.S. at least temporarily and the parent or parents must be back living in the U.S. for at least five years.
And that's how she became a natural born citizen.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join