It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I TRULY have discovered the ONE Truth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Yes, this thread is a DIRECT response to Doomsday's thread on the home page, and others like it.
THEY ARE ALL WRONG!

But I, like many here, know the truth. And it doesn't lye in fear or religion, but in Humility.
THE ONE TRUTH is that we don't know anything; we've been wrong from the start.

Everything is theory, including Gravity. Today its Gravity, tomorrow it might me elotromagnetic attraction.
Aren't we tired of being wrong all the time?

We're wrong on everything. We used to KILL people for saying the earth is round. If you can't see that the universe is bigger than all of us, then your part of the problem.
We can't possibly comprehend whats really going on. We're just too small. We live on one small planet in a small solar system of what could be called a small galaxy, and since day one we've claimed to know the answers. Especially religion... you see how crazy that is?

But this is NOT A BAD THING people! Relish in the fact that we dont know anything!
Its laughable! Yes, it makes you feel small, but feeling small is exciting because there is so much to discover. And when we do discover something, we still shouldn't think we know everything about it. Don't call it God and go on with you lives.
The GREATEST thing about this truth is that it gives the FREEDOM to explore ANY and EVERY possibility to the very end and then turn around and start from scratch knowing thats only one of an infinite amount of possibilities.
This is how we become self fulfilled. This is how, internally, we can star piecing our own truths together. We're not cutting ourselves off with an answer, we're seeing every side this world has to offer.

All I can say is... if you tell me you know the truth, then I know your wrong.
The only truth, is that we don't know anything.
marvel at it people. its beautiful, it really is.
edit on 28-3-2011 by Odessy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Truth has a variety of meanings.. So your truth is only subjective, and relative, to you.. To me it is objective..

So no this is not the TRUTH.. only your TRUTH.. universally speaking
edit on 28-3-2011 by TechVampyre because: Gramma

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre
Truth has a variety of meanings.. So your truth is only subjective, and relative, to you.. To me it is objective..

So no this is not the TRUTH.. only your TRUTH.. universally speaking
edit on 28-3-2011 by TechVampyre because: Gramma

you're right sir, but that doesn't make me wrong

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

If no one knows the truth, and we are all wrong...then you're wrong too...and i'm wrong for saying this is wrong.

Infinite loop, my brain hurts

Jks, Great thread, no one knows the future or what is to come. People should just leave it, and take each day as it comes. If the religious ones truly fear what is to come, then be good, and you have nothing to worry about!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mentalistbee
reply to post by Odessy

If no one knows the truth, and we are all wrong...then you're wrong too...and i'm wrong for saying this is wrong.

Infinite loop, my brain hurts

Jks, Great thread, no one knows the future or what is to come. People should just leave it, and take each day as it comes. If the religious ones truly fear what is to come, then be good, and you have nothing to worry about!

Yes! I am! Thanks you!!! your getting it lol!

But on another note, I'm not saying that there are no truths or even one truth, I'm just saying we can't ever possibly know what that it. But by exploring everything, we get glimpses, and those glimpses are good. I think they are more feeling than knowledge... but what do I know?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

Well, you know, it's not so much about exploring anymore. People now just go online, find an article, and post it, declaring blasphamy. No one looks at sources, or the actual truth anymore.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
who got killed for saying the earth was round?

Just asking y'know....'cos I never heard that before....& I'd be disappointed if a thread showing me the truth wasn't quite correct.....

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I know a few true things many do not know. I don't think the truth is I don't know anything, but I just know some things people usually don't.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

its hard to find specific accounts, I'll look into more details, but once upon a time when the church ran things in England and anything scientific was thought to be of the devil and blasphemous, the Catholic church killed thousands of people. This is way before America was discovered by the Spaniards. With a slew of other things, reading the stars were also blasphemous and in the time when the world was thought to be flat, opposing this thought was against god and punishable by death.

new topics

top topics

join