It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You know whats pissing me off?!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
That everyone is so accepting of the fact that the powers that be control Hollywood, dont get me wrong i believe 100percent that they do.

but when someone comes forward, with the same argument, just directed to video games, everyone looks at him like a idiot "Ohh ahah they wouldn't hide messages in video games, are you dumb! only half the world plays them, like who will ever see the message, you kids, and your silly ideas, messages in video games.

SERIOUSLY, all these movie threads going on about hidden messages get stars after flags after replies

then when a very very good argument concerning a video game comes along, everyone tells you to grow up...

well i'm here to say its really bugging me, and those that are bashing people who come to these threads with valuable information are the real kids that need to grow up, it honestly makes me think sometimes these "adults" that are bashing these great ideas are just jealous....

JUST BECAUSE ITS A VIDEO GAME, Doesn't mean we are still dealing with childish things.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Because that is the addict inside everyone talking not the real person.
You must forgive them, its not their fault.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

SERIOUSLY, all these movie threads going on about hidden messages get stars after flags after replies

I gave you a star and flag in hopes of subliminally swaying from ever making a thread like this again...SERIOUSLY.

link   
There, feel better I gave you a flag, have a couple stars on me as well. I agree with you, it's not just hollyweird. They have been conditioning us for years through all entertainment, I don't play any of this trash but just from some of the titles alone it instills fear and that is what TPTB want.

link   
There, feel better I gave you a flag, have a couple stars on me as well. I agree with you, it's not just hollyweird. They have been conditioning us for years through all entertainment, I don't play any of this trash but just from some of the titles alone it instills fear and that is what TPTB want.

sry,dbl post,damn keyboard

edit on 28-3-2011 by rogerramjett because: crappy keyboard

link   

I agree with you 100%.
Star and flag for you

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I haven't really seen people denying this. Is it that common?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

yeah look up the history of video game threads, they get bashed by the first reply, it doesn't matter how much work or effort they put into the thread either

it seems people can't grasp the head around the fact almost 50 percent of the population on earth plays video games.....

its almost like trying to convince someone back in the day the earth is round... its just whats good..
edit on 28-3-2011 by WanderingThe3rd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by WanderingThe3rd
it seems people can't grasp the head around the fact almost 50 percent of the population on earth plays video games.....

Sad statistic if you are right. Can you source this video game poll?

link   
reply to post by facelift

awww thanks buddy, if only i could do the same to get you to stop posting

link   
a lot of video games are anti-nwo btw.

some are pro-nwo (for example: games like 'The Conduit' on the Wii)

really though, video games are better than movies. 95% of the time they have a better storyline, voice acting that is better than real actors acting, and wow... THEY LAST LONGER THAN 90 MINUTES! also you get to play all the action scenes and non actions scenes.

most people who i have found that dislike video games, are the older generation of people who really have no idea wtf they are or how they work so they instantly bash and judge it.

also lets not forget, most video games help the mind, eye site, and coordination, as well as critically thinking on things. maybe 20 years ago they were just kids stuff...but now...video games come out with quality stuff that rivals anything hollywood can do. also the age group in which most people play video games are 18-35 meaning that yes, adults play video games and enjoy them.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by PaidDisinfoAgent

63 percent of US population now plays video games, says report

arstechnica.com...

i'll stick with us report since thats probably where you live

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Doesn't mean we are ... childish ... these "adults" ... are just jealous

Don't be mad, they're just jealous.

...and those that are bashing people who come to these threads with valuable information

I checked your thread history and discovered, lo and behold, you made these video game threads. Really, I was surprised.

edit on 3/28/2011 by Konah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

reply to post by PaidDisinfoAgent

63 percent of US population now plays video games, says report

arstechnica.com...

i'll stick with us report since thats probably where you live

Yikes. This is alarming. I honestly don't know anyone in my immediate friends and family circle that play video games. Possibly their kids. I think the real concern is that 63% of Americans need to get off their asses. I wonder what the obesity rate is among the 63%?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

that was 2007

2008 jumps 10 percent

Nearly 70 Percent Of U.S. Households Play Video Games in 2008 www.webpronews.com...

i'm guessing we're probably at a 75-80 percent mark now reaching the 2011

Nearly 70 Percent Of U.S. Households Play Video Games

which would mean..... VIDEO GAMES IS HIGH ON THE HIT LIST

if 70 percent, thats 70 PERCENT!!, of all Americans, have their eyes on a video games, just once in a year, its a major concern and its high on their hit list.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Konah

I've only made 2, that cannot possibly count for all the video game threads made on this site

but yes both of my threads were BASHED and i put alot of work into them

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
double post some how sorry

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
also most video games have moral bounds and usually involve saving humanity from either itself, or some invading/apocalyptic force that points out all the faults of humanity.

halo for example: mankinds struggle against an invading alien force.

how it relates to what i said:
humanity is united against a common enemy who is on a genocidal warpath. the aliens represent humanities genocidal warpath, specifically over religious views.

video games are also a great teaching tool involving history.

call of duty for example: ww2, vietnam war, and a mock version of the war in iraq/afghanistan and how it could potentially spark greater problems.

any real time strategy game can fit in this category to on how it teaches history. best examples are the total war series, age of empires series, rise of nations, blitzkrieg, and so on.

people really need to give more respect to this new medium of entertainment and teaching. since we arent getting decent entertainment on tv with moral stand points and obvious point outs to what is right and wrong, and since american education has gone straight down the crapper, video games fill that void.

also video games are known for teaching kids how to read, do math, solve complex puzzles, and provide experiences for EVERYONE that the average person will more then likely never get to experience in their life times.

also responsible people who understand what moderation is, do not sit on their asses all day playing video games. i am among that group who does not sit on my ass all day playing video games and so are most of the people i know. most people who play video games also work, go to school, exercise, spend time with their families, go out to concerts and so on. so dont generalize an entire group of people into being obese fat kids.

i can tell you right now who those obese fat kids are. the ones who play World of Warcraft are fat kids. want to talk about how video games cause problems, discuss mmo's
edit on 28-3-2011 by XelNaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

If they dont see the video games thats because they havent went deep into them as many of us have. ex
DEAD SPACE 1 AND 2
ALL HALOS
GEARS OF WAS
LOST PLANET
MASS EFFECT
RESIDENT EVIL
JUST LOOK INTO THESE FOR EX. THEY ARE DEEP S&F

edit on 3/28/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

[
i'm guessing we're probably at a 75-80 percent mark now reaching the 2011

Nearly 70 Percent Of U.S. Households Play Video Games

This is sad. I think everything runs a risk. If you are one to play video games then so be it,
but continuing to do so, knowing your enemy is creating them is just foolish.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join