It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mountain in Montana

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   
When I used to live in Montana, in a little town called Plains (Population: approx. 1300), my friends and I heard a rumor about this mountain down near Saint Regis that was covered with weed, that naturally grew on it. According to legend, the mountain was heavily guarded by the Forest Service, and all access roads connecting to the mountain were under constant surveillance.

My friend Daemon and I talked about it, and came up with a plan for sneaking out there and finding out whether or not this was for real, because as far as we knew, no one had been out there in years. It was just a rumor going around the school.

So one night (about a month later), I drove my car out there at about 0100, with my friend Daemon. We parked the car approximately 2 miles away from the base of the mountain, and hiked in, using NVG's. We carried pistols, and enough supplies to sustain us for a week in case we had to E & E (Escape and Evade).

Using GPS, we navigated our way into the Forest Service's AO, and crossed through the perimeter. Once on the mountain, we began to search for these "trees" we had heard about for so long. Sure enough, they were everywhere, strategically planted in sections, under cover of the canopy to prevent detection by satellite or aerial photography. It was absolutely amazing. The smell was overwhelming, as if you were standing inside a zip-lock bag full of the best dank you have ever smoked, with the bag sealed.

We picked about a pound each from the trees, and proceeded to move back down the mountain, cautiously navigating towards our vehicle. By now it was about 0400. The sun would rise in about 2 hours.

Once at the base of the mountain, we entered a swamp-like area, which we had avoided on the way in, and in order to save time, we decided to go through it. It was only about 4 feet deep at the most, so we had to walk real slow through it, keeping our electronics and weapons above the surface.

After about 10 minutes of wading, we spotted a small patrol craft about 30 yards away from us, moving very slowly, with 2 men on board. The men were wearing woodland camoflage, and were armed with AR-15's and pistols. They also had NVG's on. We immediately froze, and sunk below as far as possible, while maintaining the equipment above the surface. They did not spot us, and passed us by, heading on silently through the swamp.

After waiting about 5 minutes, we proceeded on, exiting the swamp, and eventually arriving at the vehicle. By this time it was about 0700, and the sun was up and shining. We changed clothes really quick, and jumped in the vehicle, heading home.

We took the bud to a friend of ours who is very knowledgeable about that kind of thing, and had him take a look at it. According to him, this was some of the finest bud he had ever seen, and asked us if he could smoke some, to try it out. We agreed, and smoked some with him. Why do you think we took a pound each?

Anyway, we packed a bowl, and smoked only 1 hit each, to see what the effects where. After waiting about 5 minutes, it became obvious that we did not need to smoke any more! We were so #ed up, it wasn't even funny. All off of one hit.

Now, I've smoked bud that blazes you off of one hit before. However, bud that grows wild in the woods isn't supposed to be that powerful. Only bud that has been enhanced through experimentation can achieve that kind of effect on someone (IMO).

So, the point of this story I just wrote is this:

- Is it possible that the U.S. Government is growing bud on this mountain, for distribution or experimentation purposes?

Mr. M

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Does anyone know where I am talking about? I'll try to look for a topographical map that matches the location. Hold on one second while I browse the TerraServer.

Mr. M

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I thought the government only dealt in harder drugs, crack, smack, coke, heroin. Not sure as to why they would be growing grass. Are you sure the guys you ran into were US military and not some militia growing it for their own purposes?

[edit on 23-7-2004 by Koka]

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I am not positive about their allegiance, however, from the look of their equipment and attire, my first guess was military. If they are otherwise, they were highly funded. Reasons are listed below:

1. AR-15's are pretty expensive. So are NVG's.

2. Also, it is my assumption that there were many others like them out there, because that mountain is huge, and it would take a very large force to adequately patrol the perimeter. That is a pretty large payroll.

3. How could they restrict access to the mountain without legal authority?

Mr. M

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Not wanting to doubt your claim:

NVG's are expensive, but you have one. So I guess anyone in the drug trade could quite easily afford one together with their AR-15's. What sort of boat were they in? Any markings on the boat or uniforms?

You make the assumption that there were more men working the mountain, but are offering no proof other than your assumption, which is not a great offering. What indicated to you that there were more?

You haven't mentioned any signs/fences/watch towers etc, restricting entry. What indication do you have that this is a restricted area?

Have you been back for more? If not, why? If yes, did you encounter anyone again?

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koka
Not wanting to doubt your claim:

NVG's are expensive, but you have one. So I guess anyone in the drug trade could quite easily afford one together with their AR-15's. What sort of boat were they in? Any markings on the boat or uniforms?

You make the assumption that there were more men working the mountain, but are offering no proof other than your assumption, which is not a great offering. What indicated to you that there were more?

You haven't mentioned any signs/fences/watch towers etc, restricting entry. What indication do you have that this is a restricted area?

Have you been back for more? If not, why? If yes, did you encounter anyone again?

1. Generation 3 NVG's run about $3000 and up (which is what they had, from what I could tell at the time) To equip a whole force capable of patrolling a MOUNTAIN with those adds up pretty quick.

2. The boat was a small fishing boat, unmarked, no engine (just paddles).

3. No markings on the camoflage either, as far as I could tell. I only had Generation 2 NVG's, which don't give as great of depth perception and resolution as Gen 3.

4. Well, the rumor goes, that the whole mountain is heavily patrolled, and sure enough, we found a patrol while we were out there. Do you honestly think they were the only ones out there? I think not...

5. The indication of a restricted area is always the presence of a surveillance/security force. Name one place on earth that is "restricted", that does not employ guards... Also, there was a tower on top of the mountain, now that I think about it. Although, it looked more like a weather lookout building (but maybe being used for other purposes?).

6. No, I haven't been back. I quit smoking about 4 years ago. However, if you or someone else wants to take a trip out there, I'm always up for some BlackOps! That's my specialty...

Mr. M

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
hmmm................yea ive hears about the goverment drug trade. but growing it in the US?especially stuff that good. i mean from the sound of it you could make a nice dooby out of that stuff/

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Star Child were is the map of the area that you live in that you said you were going to post up?

Are you sure you didnt make all this up!? For all I know your shruming right now and talking to your computer

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 03:27 AM
link   

SpockO_o, you have a pretty good sense of humor. I like that.

However, in my line of work, drug use is not tolerated, and urinalysis is conducted on a random, yet regular basis.

As far as the map is concerned, check out the TerraServer, and search for St. Regis, MT. Once that map is loaded, search the surrounding area for Little Joe/Lookout Station.

Mr. M

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I found a Little Joe Mountain. Is that the mountain?

www.firelookout.com...

[edit on 26-7-2004 by astrocreep]

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   
That would be it. You hit it right on the money.

Mr. M

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Looks like they moved that lookout tower some time ago to another mountain. I wonder what structure you saw? This is an old pic as well and I can't seem to find DOQQ images for that area.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I'm not sure. All I know is that there was a lookout tower on top, and it looked like some kind of weather observation building. However, it is possible that it was built by whoever is controlling access to that particular area. I didn't get a real good look at it, as we didn't climb all the way up, and it was nighttime, so I can't verify whether or not it was professionally constructed, or thrown up in a hurry.

Mr. M

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Here is the answer your searching for.
What you saw was not goverment or military or inanyconnection what so ever to either of those two you mentioned. You lived in plains right? So you should be fairly familiar with the montana milita. This is an off shoot of that. I have lived in montana my entire life and there is no "secret instalation" that is growing dubage for a nafariouse purpose. The only thing that is here are people that are trying to lay the seeds for revolutionary uprising and your arrant missile silo in the bob of course that is if you beleive in that sort of thing.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I live in montana and know where most of the base's are known and unknown. There is a bio lab that isnt surpose to exist's between ronan and polson that is hidden in what people think is a mine. There is another one that is not know about that is a mountion everytime I have gone that way looking for the door to get in I still havent been able to find it but I know it's there.

The drain pipe comes under the highway from butte to helena going back the direction of butte taking a exit on a exit called bernice. I once went up there and ended up seeing out of this pipe what looked like to the best discription sludge water. Other then that what else do we have here in the great state of insanity.

Well Hamilton Bio Weapon's lab which is a level 4 which is also responceable for the orgianal rocky mountian tick fever because that's where it came from. Then We have the genetic's lab in bozeman montana.

On top of that malstrom airforce base if I am thinking of the right location the largest housing of agfd's on the planet to my understanding. Great Fall's Airforce Base The largest Nuclear Missle Silo In the World. Hmm What else oh yea. The all natural yellowstone national vocaino which should be blowing up sometime soon.

So if it's bio weapon exposer, radioactive fallout or future volcanic ash you too can have all of this for the low low price of wanting to witness the end of the world sometime in the near future why possibly if you live in the right location in montana you just might see a earthquake too. So come in to montana but be warned we will find you soon

There are also a few side lab's that are not on the map that are here. The only reason I live here is because I want to see yellowstone blow up or the butte pit crack open and flood the city. As well as the remote but real possiblty of volcanic ash comming down in the near future and with the world state of affair's I just might get to witness a nice bright light show comming from the great fall's area showing me the end has come

I need some more ats member's here to help me video tape all of this when all this stuff goes down who's in

Falcon

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I wanna go , I wanna go!!!

But when I first viewed the picture, I thought it looked civilian made, not military.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
The lookout tower in the photo called Little Joe was moved to Williams Peak in 1977. That means it isn't the same structure he saw. I get the feeling that what is there now is a bit more modern from the description give eluding to a weather monitoring structure.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by falcon
I live in montana and know where most of the base's are known and unknown. There is a bio lab that isnt surpose to exist's between ronan and polson that is hidden in what people think is a mine. There is another one that is not know about that is a mountion everytime I have gone that way looking for the door to get in I still havent been able to find it but I know it's there.

The drain pipe comes under the highway from butte to helena going back the direction of butte taking a exit on a exit called bernice. I once went up there and ended up seeing out of this pipe what looked like to the best discription sludge water. Other then that what else do we have here in the great state of insanity.

Well Hamilton Bio Weapon's lab which is a level 4 which is also responceable for the orgianal rocky mountian tick fever because that's where it came from. Then We have the genetic's lab in bozeman montana.

On top of that malstrom airforce base if I am thinking of the right location the largest housing of agfd's on the planet to my understanding. Great Fall's Airforce Base The largest Nuclear Missle Silo In the World. Hmm What else oh yea. The all natural yellowstone national vocaino which should be blowing up sometime soon.

So if it's bio weapon exposer, radioactive fallout or future volcanic ash you too can have all of this for the low low price of wanting to witness the end of the world sometime in the near future why possibly if you live in the right location in montana you just might see a earthquake too. So come in to montana but be warned we will find you soon

There are also a few side lab's that are not on the map that are here. The only reason I live here is because I want to see yellowstone blow up or the butte pit crack open and flood the city. As well as the remote but real possiblty of volcanic ash comming down in the near future and with the world state of affair's I just might get to witness a nice bright light show comming from the great fall's area showing me the end has come

I need some more ats member's here to help me video tape all of this when all this stuff goes down who's in

Falcon

What part of our great state are you in? Never heard about the bio lab between ronan and polson. You ever heard about the hidden silo's out in the bob??

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   
It sounds like a militia type op to me. Regular run of the mil drug dealers arn't that well trained (uniforms, equipment, noise dicipline etc).

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Interesting, with all that grass planted on that mountain, I could make alot of money in a few smuggling runs....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join