It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden Aide Apologizes After Reporter Kept in Storage Closet During Fundraiser

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

The vice president's press secretary has apologized to a local political reporter after he was kept in a storage closet during a Florida fundraiser. Scott Powers, a reporter with the Orlando Sentinel, was relegated to the storage space during a fundraiser Wednesday for Sen. Bill Nelson, D-Fla., apparently to prevent him from speaking to people before Vice President Biden showed up. The Orlando Sentinel published a brief account of the incident earlier in the week. Biden spokeswoman Elizabeth Alexander, responding to coverage of that account, said in a written statement Sunday that the decision to hold Powers there was a "mistake" and that the reporter has accepted her "unequivocal apology." The apology was made shortly after the fundraiser. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Sorry but is this even something that should take place under any circumstance? Way to go Biden no wonder our politics are so screwed up in this country anymore. What the hell is wrong with the logic in the people at upper levels anymore? Does anyone even bother to think before they act these days. Not that the media does their job that good anymore these days but this still has me shaking my head.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I hope the reporter will file kidnapping charges. Until people stand up for whatever legal rights they have left, authority will overstep their boundaries. At first you are locked in a closet, down the road you just 'disappear'.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by lostviking

Kinda like the old saying , We will lock you up and throw away the cell!!

join