It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think my friend is pregnant

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Okay, days ago my best friend girl asked me for advise because she keeps getting arm aches, shoulder aches and neck aches and she also has little problems breathing, she also told me she did it with her boyfriend , but she also uses the pill...She also told me that she has to go to the bathroom a lot, like more than 6 times a day...

I made my research and what she described to me are all pregnancy symptoms...She's 20, unemployed, and I know her since we were 5.
I know that even using the pill, sometimes women can get pregnant...

I don't know if I should tell her to try getting a pregnancy test, just to be sure...
She keeps telling me, every night she dreams about discovering she's pregnant...

She has little clue, she says it is nothing to be concerned about...

What should I do?

Thanks a lot...I've never been in such a situation before, so any help is appreciated.
edit on 27-3-2011 by Zagari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zagari
I don't know if I should tell her to try getting a pregnancy test, just to be sure...

Zagari, I don't see the problem with suggesting that she take a pregnancy test if she thinks she might be pregnant?

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

Wait, so this isn't someone you may have gotten pregnant... just a chick who you are freaking out for...?

Step 1: Go to CVS
Step 2: Buy pregnancy test
Step 3: Use pregnancy test
Step 4: ???
Step 5: Figure out your relationship with this girl

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

I reckon you should get her to take a pregnancy test just to be sure. My girlfriend was in the same situation a couple of years back, but she took the test, was pregnant and couldn't be happier now.. All worked out in the end. And I wouldn't worry about the unemployed bit, if she has a few more friends like you that obviously care for her she will manage. Good luck.
edit on 27-3-2011 by cahlmac because: spelling

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
There is absolutely no harm in suggesting a pregnancy test. She may not want to do it because she's afraid of the truth whatever that may be. But my suggestion is get a pregnancy test and if it's positive take it from their.

All the best,
Jacob

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

She could also have a urinary tract infection so in either case she really ought to see a doctor. After all "the pill" is not entirely fool proof. It has happened. A pregnancy test is in order and you would be doing her a favor to convince her to get it done. Home pregnancy tests are pretty darn good now days, but with the frequent urinary problem, she still needs to see a doc.

link   
reply to post by Zagari

Tell her go to see a health care professional and not some guy who for the past year has be trying to predict the future using some wired computer program.

Sorry to sound personal but the worst thing you can do is Google your symptoms. She might be pregnant or at the extreme have a pulmonary embolism caused by a DVT and have stroke or heart attack in the next few days.

PS, why is this on a conspiracy site, do you think she has been impregnated by a gray?
edit on 27-3-2011 by kevinunknown because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Konah

She's my best friend, she asked me advise because my father is a doctor...
She has a relationship with her current boyfriend.
I'm not the father...

And I'm not freaking out, I'm completely calm.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
It happens all the time. Young people have sex and then are freaked out because they get knocked up.

Just tell her what you think, if she gets mad, she will get over it. If she continues to take birth control it could have an adverse effect on the baby.

I am still wondering why this is on ATS and not BTS.

Anyway best of luck.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

Buy her a pregnancy kit and leave it lying about at her house. Unless she lives with her parents, in which case, slip it into her handbag.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
are you sure that she is showing pregnancy symptoms??
I mean, ya , sometimes pregnant women has trouble breathing, but that is usually later in the pregnancy because the baby had developed and occupies more space...

I'd be more inclined to suggest she go see a doctor, it might be something else?

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
It is very likely to be other things too- a bladder or urinary tract infection, even heart problem.
She should just go to her doctor and let him/her figure it out.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Both my kids are birth control babies. We were broke and still made it through just fine.

Here's what you do: Find out if she is pregnant or not. If she's not, no sweat. If she is....time to take care of business. Be a father and love the child no matter what. There is nothing else to concern yourself with. If it weren't for my kids I would not be the Man I am today.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

I looked to pregnancy websites and forums...
Many girls, before discovering they were pregnant, complained about shoulder ache, arm ache and many had costant dreams about being pregnant.

breathing problems appear in 5th week.
Urinating is also a major symptom.

I'm currently in contact with her. If she keeps having problems like these, I will suggest to her getting a pregnancy test...

In my real life, I'm more serious about things, so I don't want to get her worried.
This may be no big deal or her hugest deal in her whole life...

If her symptoms continue, and she discovers she 's actually pregnant, I will try my best to help her getting a professional doctor.
edit on 27-3-2011 by Zagari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
My girlfriend and I had a pregnancy scare two days ago. She was like 6 days late. We bought a pregnancy test... she started her period while taking the test.

zing on us.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

No don’t tell her got go get a pregnancy test, tell her to make the soonest possible appointment with her doctor. If she is pregnant no harm done, if she is about to have a heart attack, stroke or has some kind of infection that is about to go septic then she needs a doctor. I personally think it’s probably some kind of chest infection.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

If your father is a doctor why are you asking folks on ATS?

Anyways, come on man, use some logic and you might be able to figure out what to do.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
In all honesty, they don't sound like typical pregnancy symptoms to me. Far from it in fact. The only real pregnancy symptom you've described is the peeing 6 times a day (although, I pee more than that and I'm not pregnant!) and even so, it doesn't tend to be one of the earlier pregnancy signs, that comes a bit later.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomataprice

Her friend is from Omicron Persei 8.
Seriously agreed haha.. way below top secret.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Konah

My father is not a gynecologist.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join