It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Images Discover Ancient Bridge Between India & Sri Lanka

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
This is pretty cool and it's not ATS yet because I did a search for it and nothing came up!

Here is the link to the site. www.hinduism.co.za...&%20Sri%20Lanka it's at the very bottom of the page.

A picture from NASA shows what looks to be a bridge between India and Sri Lanka.

Space images taken by NASA reveal a mysterious ancient bridge in the Palk Strait between India and Sri Lanka. The recently discovered bridge currently named as Ram Setu (Adam's Bridge) is made of chain of shoals, c.18 mi (30 km) long.

Now the bridge and the way it curves is one aspect that suspects It is man made. And even if it was man made why would they need a bridge that long? We would they need to go from one huge land mass to another huge land mass. Were these two Civilizations Friends with each other or was there a civilization on the other land mass that we do not know

The legends as well as Archeological studies reveal that the first signs of human inhabitants in Sri Lanka date back to the a primitive age, about 1,750,000 years ago and the bridge's age is also almost equivalent.

This information is a crucial aspect for an insight into the ancient epic RAMAYANA, which was supposed to have taken place in treta yuga (more than 1,700,000 years ago)......

Here is a link to the picture. You can see a bridge connecting the two continents.

eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

I would like to learn more about these civilizations and what they were like. I will be doing more research on this subject. This bridge is really really really old. I always knew there was a civilization or artifact or structure that is still a mystery! I think this find is pretty cool.

edit on 27-3-2011 by kid_cudi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Thats Ramas Bridge! he went to get Sita from that evil dude, the monkey helped him make it!

Ramayana
edit on 27-3-2011 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
NASA didn't discover that. It has had many different names over thousands of years.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

I had no idea that it was that bridge. Its still pretty cool that he made a 30 mile bridge. But why did he make the bridge?

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
If this could be proven true and if the modern version of humans remains were found over one million years old, it would force a major rewrite of what is taught in schools. Just think of all the civilizations that could have lived and died here in one million years. The stories about ancient nuclear wars could be true. There could be remains of human civilizations on the moon and other planets. It would be an amazing discovery but a sad one at the same time. It would be sad because it would mean that mankind has nearly destroyed itself many times and all the knowledge of many civilizations keeps getting destroyed.

I believe I've seen this information on a link within some other threads but I don't remember anyone discussing this ancient bridge if that is proven true. I know there are some old threads on here discussing ancient civilizations and the possibility of an ancient nuclear war among other things. I remember tagging those threads years ago. There always seems to be somebody to come along to discredit stories like this. I am curious what kind of one million year old human artifacts there are.
edit on 27/3/11 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

I am very curious to see what 1 million year old human were like. The structures they had and the way they lived and what purpose they had in doing the things they did.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by kid_cudi
reply to post by el1jah

I had no idea that it was that bridge. Its still pretty cool that he made a 30 mile bridge. But why did he make the bridge?

Well the Ramayana says Rama built it to battle and overthrow the villain Ravana, the king of Lanka and save his kidnapped wife Sita.

But you know that's what the legend says. The important thing I think is there a reference to the bridge being built. Sitchin types may read Rama and Ravana as rival aliens ruling over colonies. And others may see it as evidence of ancient technological ability on the part of humans. Or some compromise between both beliefs? (aliens giving tech to humans).

Of course the mainstream just says it was an explanation by ancient peoples as to the existence of the land bridge. "Gods must have built it." But they can't really explain the references to nuclear war in the Mahabharata. They'd probably come up with some outlandish "rational" explanation.

edit on 27-3-2011 by Mercurio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I'm wondering if this is part of a wider submerged area once inhabited by the Dravidian ancestors of the modern day Tamil, whose presence in the subcontinent predates that of the Indo-Aryans by rather a long time.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Why are you harassing people just wondering? He did nothing to you

Kid_Cudi Star and Flag my friend nice thread!
edit on 27-3-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by XRaDiiX

Thanks man you get a star too
I actually have no Idea why he is harassing me but he needs to stop because it is getting really freaking annoying.

But I'm also wondering if these civilizations were a subterranean civilization also. I wish there was more info on them but everytime I find some it just causes even more mysteries

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Didn't mean to post twice sorry mods.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Plug that into google Earth..Really nice closeups!

9°05'34.03" N 79°38'38.87" E

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Lord Rama's bridge has been mentioned several times on ATS this thread is an old one but Slayer69 has talked about it on his threads and im sure there are other more recent threads regarding it but I dont have time to look now

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by kid_cudi
reply to post by orionthehunter

I am very curious to see what 1 million year old human were like. The structures they had and the way they lived and what purpose they had in doing the things they did.

And think a million years from now some other civilization will wonder the same thing

It is cool to think about.

I love thinking about what it was like back then or thousands of years ago. I had these dreams of Ancient Egypt back in her prime and in my dreams the pyramids were not tombs but energy sources. The great pyramid had a light that seemed to radiate from the top. I had these dreams long before I ever read about the pyramids. It was like I was back in time via my dream. I still don't know what it meant if anything but I will never forget it, esp since they were reoccuring and the pyramids were always lit up in my dream esp the great pyramid.

I have seen this before on here but its a few years old and then some.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by gdaub23post removed by staff

Who do you think you are? You are a very new member I see and every post I see of yours is telling the OP they don't know anything or they should read more. Why come into a thread and do that? What purpose does it serve? You have been here two weeks and already ranting about how people post.

So the topic has been discussed on here in the past, so what. Many topics are discussed over and over, it happens. Not everyone has read the same thing. People come on here to share things they find of interest with others and then others add to the OP's post. That is what we do here, we share information not insults. If you don't like someones thread why go in it?! So what if the OP doesn't know everything about this topic, he found it interesting and wanted to share. There isn't anything wrong with that.

OP don't let people keep you from posting things you find of interest no matter how much you know about it or not. Someone will always appreciate what you share

edit on Sun Mar 27 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Hey, dude, chill out and get used to this place before acting like you own it.

BTW, where's your sense of wonder???

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
sorry don't want to derail the thread but id like to express my discontent of some calling this Adam's Bridge
This should be called Ram's Bridge, that's what it is called in India and in Sri Lanka
Or it can be called Ram Setu

So why does the west have to come in and call it Adam's bridge?
Because the Quran speaks of Adam walking the bridge, that's it?

If I walk on a bridge I can call it MA's Bridge?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join