It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Death is of the dollar is a myth.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
The death of the dollar is very real, even if your duplication machine or whatever exists. If it does not, the dollar will die soon enough. It's already on its last leg, or so they say. If it does work, the dollar will still die because we won't need it anymore. Either way the dollar is dying.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I used to like KFC, but now I don't want to eat it anymore.

It's obvious that they changed the recipe and fed it to Colonel Sander here as an experiment!

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by PaR3v

If anything could be replicated infinately than nothing would have value.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
The dollar was meant to last 100 years.
It was meant to devalue 1 cent every year for those 100 years.
The federal reserve was created in 1913
It is now 2011
It has devalued 98 cents since its inception.

Example: 1913 candy bar was 1 cent to 2 cents
2011 candy bar $1.00 to $2.00

Interest you earn is 1 to two points under what the dollar devalues
When we used to get 6 percent on a cd the doallar was devaluing at 8 percent.
You get money in digits but lose buying power.

A one ounce of gold was $20.00..............100 years later its almost $2000.00

you will be issued a card soon with your life on it soon and a digital currency. You will tip your barber $5 and they will automaticly take $2 in taxes.

If you want to avoid this in mass all people should do all personal exchanges in cash. Gas stations, record stores etc.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
the mods are biased when throwing topics into the joke area. not that i don't really like this one.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by PaR3v

Have you ever seen "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs?" The gubmint can do that using HAARP.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaR3v
How does 2012 tie in to this? well because among 2012ers... um, we all know that technology has been invented that can reproduce anything infinite times. anything..really. there is no need to panic of any shortage of ANY thing...

it's just fooling the public in to knowing that... they need labor or...everybody would be sitting around doing nothing.... the death of the dollar scare that is.

I will take 100KGs of gold please!!

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by outerlimits

yes.

figuring out what an evil satanic group who controls the government. deciding what to do with technologies that can reproduce anything, an infinite amount of times.... is anyone's guess....

Just think about that. Think that we have technology that can make endless amounts of Oil....

Then read the headlines.... becomes quite odd..

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Is this the making fun of kooks thread?

I certainly got a laugh out of many of the comments.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Every body Go to G.L.P and read the top pinned.

it's called the game ender.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by PaR3v

Why don't you describe what that mystery thought is about in your own words. Why make an obscure reference to someone's claims? Why not state it yourself?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Back in 2009 the dollar bottomed out at 74. Previous low was in 2008 when it briefly hit 70. This year it is flirting with 75. Japan is pumping all kinds of money into their recovery effort which traditionally means a lower valued Yen but apparently they are unloading US dollars to keep things balanced.

With the US debt ceiling reached and a major Bond auction next Thursday it would be a good time for the Fed to offer attractive bond yields to show that the US is serious about getting this incredible budget deficit under control.

On the other hand they could just print twice the amount of cash they need and buy back the bonds with the excess like they have been doing. Eventually that strategy will endanger our credit rating and trigger a massive bout of inflation. Guess all the dollar bulls are dead.
edit on 3-4-2011 by Bordon81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire....the currency, esp the denarius, was debased and the empire followed suit....took time but it was inevitable).

That was a rather sad long term trend. I've been following the idea of the Asian "new yen" through RPG's since the 60's and it has been gaining momentum. During times of global crisis such as what we have been fed lately the Aquisitors tend to seek stability by falling back on old standards so the world may not be ready to toss the dollar just yet.

US dollar hit 75.10 overnight which was pretty close to my target bottom of 75. Next week the bond auctions should stage a dollar rebound so i'm looking for the Forex speculators to start buying US dollar later in the day today.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join