It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former KKK Grand Dragon running for Mayor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Former KKK Grand Dragon running for Mayor

rt.com

70-year-old John Paul Rogers is running to be the next mayor of Lake Wales, Florida however he has become the target of critics because he is a former member of Ku Klux Klan.
Rogers, who currently is a City Commissioner, was so active in the KKK he once held the title of Grand Dragon. Today, he would prefer the title of Mayor.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
While this may be contreversal, I say, let him run. This is the perfect oppurtunity for Americans to prove their sanity and show they will not elect a racist. It is Americas chance to show these racist views are only held by a minority of ignorant individuals. So let him run and let him lose.
In the end the voters will decide, in the end(i hope) the voters will stand against electing a racist.

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
David duke had huge support in Louisiana when he ran for governor. I was little when he ran, but I'd vote for him now after knowing his views on things, he said he might even run for president. People do change as they get older (sometimes). I was brought up hating black people and I didn't know why. One day I snapped out of it.
Some people (like my dad) never snap out of it.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Don't really condone the idea that once you are something you can never change...If it were true then once a drug addict, always a drug addict..Once a mean person, always a mean person, once a bitch, always a bitch...I like the word "Change" myself....If I were the same person I was 25 yrs ago I wouldn't be typing this post....because I wouldn't give a $hit about it or people....But, I hope that I have changed and in doing so I have helped some people on this earth these last 25 yrs..... I try my best not to judge anyone now. Peace....

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Worked pretty well for Robert Byrd.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
It is my understanding he is proposing a theme park to spark the local economy:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ac26be67498c.png[/atsimg]

Seriously though, That is about an hour from where I live. Lake Wales is a quaint, beautiful and peaceful town.

A very WONDERFUL place to visit:

BOK TOWER GARDENS

A very funky and cool place to stay/dine:

CHALET SUZANNE

Disclaimer: I live in Florida and our economy is tourism dependent. Didn't want anyone to get a bad impression. (Hey I'm getting like Omega Logos)

edit on 25-3-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

OH that made my night!

But on topic. Many might actually vote for him, as you have seen in other threads, everyone seems to be up in arms about the possible disappearance of the white race. So I say a couple of years he wouldn't have had a shot.... now... well

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
What are you talking about loose? This guy will be a TEA Party hero in a week!

He embodies the real ideals of the TEA Party and their slogan "Taking Our Country Back!"

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
What are you talking about loose? This guy will be a TEA Party hero in a week!

He embodies the real ideals of the TEA Party and their slogan "Taking Our Country Back!"

Not so fast my friend.

=====>This guy is a democrat.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Guess this blows the whole liberal argument that Tea Party = KKK.

Not at all, as the TEA Party is supposed to have been made up of all sorts of people who believe in less government, less taxes and less brown people, not just Republicans, so, my statement still stands, this guy will be a TEA Party hero within a week.

top topics

join