It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are your beliefs?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I am of the opinion that we are all the same eternal being. That the one has become many. We are each an individualized piece of the greater whole. We simply cannot see through the illusion of the ego and it's tricks. Also that thought (consciousness) itself is the catalyst for existence and being. Hence if there was not sentience in the universe said universe would not exist. Does this resonate with any of you?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by d00d557

Why do people always have to talk like they are in Shakespears world or something of that nature? Cant we all just speak so we all in the Universe may come to understand what one is trying to say?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by gdaub23
reply to post by d00d557

Why do people always have to talk like they are in Shakespears world or something of that nature? Cant we all just speak so we all in the Universe may come to understand what one is trying to say?

Methinks thou doth protest too much. Would that all spake as bards speak, then words, words, words, by any other name would smell as sweet.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by d00d557
I am of the opinion that we are all the same eternal being. That the one has become many. We are each an individualized piece of the greater whole. We simply cannot see through the illusion of the ego and it's tricks. Also that thought (consciousness) itself is the catalyst for existence and being. Hence if there was not sentience in the universe said universe would not exist. Does this resonate with any of you?

I agree the Aware Universe disseminated itself during the expansion phase into everything in existence, currently.

We misunderstand Ego. We have been indoctrinated to believe it is a Bad Thing. We are never shown it as a Spectrum, like everything else. We do see the effects of being at either end of this spectrum, with the overblown Self-Opinionated types at one end and the low-esteem types at the other.

This should suggest something to us... a spectrum and two extreme ends of that we can Observe around us.

Balance is what it suggests.. the exact same thing we humans have to do with every single Tendency, Thought and Action we do. So a balanced healthy Ego would be considerd the Optimum state.

I have been thinking for about 10 years, due to hearing everyone say Ego must be Killed Off to grow spiritually, that we do misunderstand Ego. To me it is simply the part of us that allows us to be Self-Aware. In which case God/Universe also has Ego in order to be aware of itself.

What blinds us to the Bigger Picture Reality all around us is.... What we Believe about it all.

I was taught to practice "as if naked", meaning to hold NO Beliefs about anything, no concepts, no theories of anything so that we do not LIMIT ourselves and what we can experience. And for over 35 years now this starting point has worked extremely well for me and those who can make the adjustment out of Indoctrination.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
the universe has no mind. it is the mind of man that makes the universe. Thought is perception unto ones own.

clear the mind and then man is free

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by d00d557

Well, I guess it comes down to how you define the "being" you speak of. Is it of constant or dynamic form? In infinite complexity a single entity in itself?

In the end, it's probably more complicated in that it may be relative to the point of observation, and then subject to the curse of change which time carries, and therefore always somewhat elusive...

Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I think the Christian God exists, and heaven and hellfire are real. I believe in the possibility of spiritual deception, which I attribute to fallen angels. I believe the majority of people will not be saved, simply because they give heed to the doctrines of lying spirits or have pride in their secular philosophies.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

I know this is a hard question, but as a Christian, how would you define God? I regard myself a curious Christian, but think we often misunderstand so much of the original intention of the Bible...

The Bible describes the Elohim Yahweh (Lord God) as sharing many human traits such as consciousness, memory, foresight, emotion, ability to use language and many more. Do you believe that these descriptions were intended to provide an historically accurate account of the past or rather provide a palatable description of the nature of God, the nature of Us, and the relationship between the two?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

if gods real, he is an evil mofo...how could the god that you believe in exist when you look at the world and see how evil and screwed up it is? the idea of an almighty being that supposably loves all his children is rubbish in my opinion...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
mother Earth, Goddess', a multi-verse, and the inexplicable ability to muster whatever force/energy/talent that is needed to overcome a sudden challenging situation.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Good point, by killing off the ego, you kill your self, your feelings, what makes you good, positive.
No emotions = no compassion.
There are such rituals like the cremation of care, it is what it's for, they say emotions will influence your judgement
and you become conditioned by the mind, it's true that emotions are sometimes driving us in what we do, but no emotions at all, I find that a dangerous road.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
reply to post by Tayesin

................ they say emotions will influence your judgement
and you become conditioned by the mind, it's true that emotions are sometimes driving us in what we do, but no emotions at all, I find that a dangerous road.

They say a lot of things

Emotion is simply a part of being in the flesh. The only power any emotion has is our Fear of it, hence why we suppress everything we don't want to Feel.. all the highs we are embarrassed to experience and all the lows we despise. And yet if we only allowed ourselves the moment to Feel each one as it arises inside us, we would not suppress them and create our own illnesses in the first place.

But.. there's almost always a but... there's a difference between emotions arising out of life situations and emotions arising out of our thoughts. Test that last one.. when you have a negative thought you get a negative feeling. If oyu let yourself Focus on that Feeling and Thought they run off into what I call Stories.. all sorts of imaginings that worry and keep people awake at night, etc.

So by recognising the source of each emotion we are more able to effectively deal with it in that moment.. if it is real then allow yourself to fully Feel it, if it is a Story maker refocus your attention elswhere.

Wish there was a way to say all that without all the typing

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Macquarie

Omnipresent and omnipotent. Also His ways are not our own, so thinking you understand Him intuitively is laughable in my eyes.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Free will. Also He has not made the new heavens and earth yet, nor cast the fallen angels in hell yet, nor judged all humans as in the Day of the Lord.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Macquarie
reply to post by d00d557

Well, I guess it comes down to how you define the "being" you speak of. Is it of constant or dynamic form? In infinite complexity a single entity in itself?

In the end, it's probably more complicated in that it may be relative to the point of observation, and then subject to the curse of change which time carries, and therefore always somewhat elusive...

Just a thought.

Yes I would say a single entity capable of infinite complexity/possibilities. Made so much sense to me when I finally stumbled onto it that it could not be ignored.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
reply to post by Macquarie

Omnipresent and omnipotent. Also His ways are not our own, so thinking you understand Him intuitively is laughable in my eyes.

I find a lot of parallels in my beliefs and some of the church's teachings. Despite my deep distrust and reservations toward religion. How the bible goes on about Jesus being in every single one of us. I think they were close but what they meant to say was we are all the same consciousness. I believe Jesus was an enlightened being. However when he attempted to get the message across some of it got lost in translation and everyone started worshipping him. Which then lead into what your faith is based upon. No offense I just believe the church is a crock of #.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by gdaub23
reply to post by d00d557

Did that sound as you described it? I am only but 19 years old sir. If you cannot grasp what i'm trying to explain then hell i've no idea how to dumb it down.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by d00d557

You and me are pretty much of the same beliefs. In my view, different individual people, animals, etc., living, "dead" and yet to be "born" are really just different attributes of one vast collective mind or eternal being.

The external universe exists only as a construct of the collective imagination, though I have yet to figure out what the purpose for it might be. I'm aware of several possible ones but can't decide which one I find to be most likely.

Either way, we are reality and reality is us, made out of our own essence and existing only within us, by the will of the collective psyche.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin

Balance is what it suggests.. the exact same thing we humans have to do with every single Tendency, Thought and Action we do. So a balanced healthy Ego would be considerd the Optimum state.

Ego is not a state.
It is an action.
And you cant be a little bit EGO.
ATS GURU

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I have some pretty twisted beliefs compared to mainstream. I think Jung, and Nietzsche where right, I also
think that the universal consciousness, and sub-consciousness are very much a part of us. I also thing we have
sub-consciousness connections to our pasts via our genetic line and our parents.
I also, think "god" or "gods" are part of the universal consciousness, and connected to everything in very much a different way then people usually think. as in we define them..... they are apart of us...

ok, I think thats deep enough for now.....

GhostInShell

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join