It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electrical frequency/feedback question! Weird phenomena! Any explination would help!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Hey all,

So I've posted several times in this forum, knowing I have certain gifts which I wont get into. The reason I preface this conversation with that, is what I experience right now, and what I'm about to explain, I believe has to do with the "gifts".

So, I was sitting here playing a video game late last night, with my headphones on so I wouldn't wake up my partner. I went to turn down the volume (the headphones are plugged into the side of one of my speakers), and I noticed that when the volume is off, there is a loud buzz, probably energy feedback. So its very clear to hear when the volume is turned completely down.

Now the wierd thing I need explained is this:

I noticed when I went to turn the volume back up, when I bring my hand close to the speaker, not touching it, just hovering close, the closer my hand is to the speaker, the quieter the feedback buzz is, eventually being completely silent if I'm close enough.

I like to look at things scientifically before venturing into the paranormal. I know we all have electrical currents in our bodys, per se, and I suppose a magnetic field, although it must be quite low for the low amount of energy in our bodies. So, to test if thats all this was, I had my room mate, aswell as a neighbor try the exact same experiment.

They heard the buzz, they brought their hand close, and it did not change the buzz at all. Their proximity did not affect the feedback sound as my hand did. We even split the headphones between two people to verify there is clearly no change when someone else is doing it, but there is when I do.

SO...I need some sort of explanation. Do I somehow have a larger magnetic field than these people? If so, I find it hard to believe that it can have such an effect on the speaker magnet, or the energy within the speaker. Any sort of explanation would be awesome.

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
it could be a poor ground wire with the system!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bradk71

Well I'm assuming something is wrong with the wiring inside the speaker, otherwise I wouldnt be able to hear the feedback. My question is why do I affect it? Without touching it?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Maybe your resistance or continuity is different.
Meaning you are grounded better.
What you here is interference or noise.
electrical noise.

We have this certain elevator buttons created in the 60's that were "touch buttons",not push buttons.
The were activated by a person touching the button ,which in turn grounded it making a connection to the circuit.
Or completing the circuit.
They could be very sensitive,and if not set right,some people could call the elevator via activating the button,and some couldn't.
Right now I have a radio in my garage playing.
If I walk past it,I lose my station.
Most other people walk past it ,it's fine.
Maybe some people are more electrically connected the the earth then others.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
OP, I think your theory may be spot-on. Several times I have read and heard of people who cannot wear certain style wristwatch because their body somehow interferes with the proper functioning of the timepiece.

I'm wondering, were you wearing jewelry that may have been a variable?

It was a good idea to have your friend try and see if the same thing happened to them, but if they do not exactly mimic your movements the test would be void. This could be something as simple as you are left handed, they are right handed, and the wire getting moved *this* way instead of -that- way would yield two different results.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
The basic theory here is pretty simple actually. It's called hand capacitance and it can affect feedback and radio signal reception as well. Sometimes when you place your body or hand near a radio or other antenna the reception will get better or worse because of the electrical potential of your body.

A capacitor can store electrical charge and is made up of two conductors and an insulating layer between them like in this picture:

In you case your body/hand is one of the flat plates and the receiver is the other. The air between you is the insulator. The effect on the feedback sound probably changes depending on how close your hand is. You might have more electrical potential than your friends.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AidanK
The basic theory here is pretty simple actually. It's called hand capacitance and it can affect feedback and radio signal reception as well. Sometimes when you place your body or hand near a radio or other antenna the reception will get better or worse because of the electrical potential of your body.

A capacitor can store electrical charge and is made up of two conductors and an insulating layer between them like in this picture:

In you case your body/hand is one of the flat plates and the receiver is the other. The air between you is the insulator. The effect on the feedback sound probably changes depending on how close your hand is. You might have more electrical potential than your friends.

I need to find that picture of how those elevator buttons work,
cause they show a person as a capacitor.
Good job!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I'd be interested in seeing them if you find anything.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

edit on 24-3-2011 by kdog1982 because: might lose my job

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

edit on 24-3-2011 by kdog1982 because: might loss my job

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Sorry,but I'm deleting my last few post cause I was once fired for devulging to much info.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AidanK

Perfect. Thanks so much!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Please start only one thread at a time on the same subject.

Looking for an explanation to this phenomena, page 1

Thread closed / removed

Sauron
Super-Moderator

new topics

top topics

join