It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing genuine picture

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by garland1234

No, I am a tad confused, so pardon the inquisitiveness. I want to make sure I have this straight.

In the OP you say:

This is a relative who died last year and this picture was taken in their house shortly after. The apparition looks like my auntie (deceased neice) a lot.

Yet you're texting her? To me, your description is a bit difficult to determine who is who. I can clearly see the alleged apparition. After that..well...I'm

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I'm not saying you faked it, I'm saying the image is faked, with JPEG compression the image is spilt into grid sections, and each grid is processed with numerous compression techniques including contrast difference and colour values, large grid sections create a smaller file size but low quality images, smaller grid sections create a larger file size but better quality images...

Anyway I grabbed the grid sections from the JPEG information which showed the original compression was applied to the background but the "ghost" image was processed separately, meaning that the ghost image was overlayed onto another background JPEG file and then saved again as another composite JPEG file, there are 2 compressions in this image, the only way around this is to use a RAW file for the background and a RAW file for the ghost and then save them at the same time as a JPEG to create a unified compression over the whole image.

Fake! trust me.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Yes you are right. Sorry if i have gone OTT. I just don't appreciate people saying i am a fake and stuff like that when i genuinely aren't.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
looks like an image of Tyra Banks laid over the top of an existing photo.
Second line.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrydog
hm ..call me stupid but i remember that Ghost from a videogame advertisment

try to find it

Youre right! I remember that. Checking Game Informers now to try and find it.Can't find it I think it's from Fatal frame.
edit on 24-3-2011 by thatonedude because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

My auntie i texted is a different auntie to this one. Basically the auntie who i texted is my grandads daughter (he married twice) and the one in the picture is his sister. Comprenday?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

I had to change it to a different sort of file to upload it as the original one wouldn;t upload. I don't know if this makes any difference?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I like the clock time also....9 1 1

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I can see where the shoulders are, but i don't see a face.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Indeed I do comprehend, and I took note that you're rather new to the site, or at least your membership date is. Please understand that this is how we work here. Most if not all will conduct their skepticism in a cordial but sometimes seemingly firm manner. Please don't take offense, the photo's legitimacy will be made known within this thread eventually, which I can say with a 99% assurance.

If it is proven to be real well then your wherewithal to stay the course will only add to your future credibility. If it is found to be a fake, well the Admin have a special place for people that post such things.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Not from the information I get in the file no, it wouldn't create this kind of effect no matter what the original format was, the background and ghost have been processed differently and at different ratio's, I'm 99.99% sure its a composite image.

What was the original file format? do you have the original file? we can probably get the exif data if its a digital camera image.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon

Fake! trust me.

Debate over. You can see that the overlaid 'ghost' is a much higher resolution than the background. It's definitely not the real deal...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
It looks to me like a picture from the movie Ju-on or one of the spoofs.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Understandable. It would be unfair to dismiss me for this though, as i didn't actually take the photo myself. I really do believe it is real (90 %) but only time will tell as you say.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander

Originally posted by roughycannon

Fake! trust me.

Debate over. You can see that the overlaid 'ghost' is a much higher resolution than the background. It's definitely not the real deal...

Its not the image resolution that's different its the compression "resolution" meaning the background and ghost have different compression ratios and thus a composite.
edit on 24-3-2011 by roughycannon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Looks like the ghost you can add in the iPhone ghost app.

Looks just like the ghost some guy posted on here last year that he said his friend took.

Sorry no offense but I am going with fake and the APP....looks just like the ghost in the app.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Why would someone so young looking who only passed away recently be wearing old fashioned clothes? It looks like a young boy if anything.
Looks amazingly fake to me.
edit on 24-3-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Yes, do you have the ORIGINAL photo (assuming it is digital, that would mean straight from the camera's memory)? The photo in the OP has no exif data associated with it.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadoefax

ATS strips exif data unless they are emedded from a 3rd party source.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against

Now, I'm not exactly saying that this is what it really is, but to me this image looks a lot like It has been through the unbelievably annoying Ipod Ghost App.

I actually don't personally own one of these myself so I can't try and replicate the results in the OP but this image really does remind me of a lot of past images I've seen using this application to be completely honest.

Mainly because of the "ghost" and It's appearance in the picture. It's very familiar.

Just my opinion of course..

edit on 24-3-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

RA you said exactly what I thought too, the APP,
I had this app and the ufo app on my phone. It's so much fun to mess with people but with a site like this it's not and it's not nice when people play jokes on others like someone must be doing to the OP.

OP sorry, but I think someone is pulling your chain

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join