It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 years old boy with higher IQ than Einstein developing his own theory of relativity

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Nathan Stubblefield wrapped some copper and steel around a coil and burried it (look on youtube for stubblefield coil). Figured out how to get free energy from the Earth

OK, you made me go look that one up :-)

Stubblefield invented a form of battery, nothing to do with 'free energy',

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I am greatly jealous.
Meh.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
Reminds me of Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory. Sorry, I had to say that

Hey buddy dont mess with my Sheldon. I fell in love the first time he mentioned the Heisenberg Indetermanancy Principle. I just love the poetry of quantum physics.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75
reply to post by Vitchilo

Einstein never took an IQ test.........

Didn't Einstein work as a clerk at the US Patent Office? Reading over all the stuff people submitted? I think Einstein was a good businessman using other people for himself, not a genious.

Einstein wasn't no Nikoli Tesla. Tesla was a genious.

Einstein....profited off of his minions. Tesla didn't want to be his beoch and did more for man than anyone else in history.

Nathan Stubblefield wrapped some copper and steel around a coil and burried it (look on youtube for stubblefield coil). Figured out how to get free energy from the Earth, his coils were used to power the telegraph system across America. One of the smartest men America ever saw...but he died of STARVATION....because he wasn't a businessman. Einstein was a businessman.

edit on 26-3-2011 by Pervius because: einstein means $$$ not smarts

I think you may be mixing Einstein up with Edison a little bit.....At least in the way you were speaking of his minions and Tesla not wanting to be his "beoch". Edison was the big bad businessman that screwed Tesla over..(And that story is very sad, and totally true)......now I have heard that Tesla did not agree with some of Einstein's theories, but I don't believe there were any direct animocity between the two of them.

As for Einstein himself....you may be right! After all he supposedly said "the secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources"
Now I say he 'supposedly' said it because some do dispute that he did in fact say it....however its been repeated so many times that its become part of the mythology around the man. And there is of course the very real possibility that he did in fact say that. Many people have argued that his Ideas are not original. Now I will say that he is likely a genius, simply for the fact that many physicists who themselves are geniuses admit that they struggle to completely understand Einsteins theory of Relativity....and I don't mean that they don't understand it in the general sense....any of us can do that...I mean they say its hard to understand it mathmatically, or from the inside out so to speak. So at least in the sense that he fully understood what he wrote, he would have to be some sort of genius.

Now was he an ORIGINAL genius, or did he simply take a few Ideas by others and republish them with a bit more flash? Who knows?.....if he did then he certainly "hid his sources" well!

I'm intrigued by Stubblefield......I'll have to look him up. Sounds interesting....If you have any links I'd be interested in them....thanks!

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

Einstein was still a genius even if did hide his sources or sources of inspiration

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

Originally posted by GypsK
Trying not to reapeat anything that is already been said before... besides "wow!"

of course I don't understand a thing from what that kid is 'explaining' so I can only hope it is genuine... but in the second vid where he explains the event horizon from a blackhole, he does a little calculation there and then he says:
"one devided by zero is infinity"....
im not a genius but isnt "1:0=0"... ( or ="1"... which isnt correct either) or totaly meaningless ? How does he get infinity?

just something I keep pondering on.... lol
edit on 25/3/2011 by GypsK because: (no reason given)

If ask you this:

What is the exact distance between 1 and 0?

Why cant you measure the distance from 1 to 0?

Why can you only measure the exact distance from 0 to 1?

Have you ever observed something that is 0?

I was really going to drop this because it is derailing the thread,
but in my logic you can measure the distance between 0 an 1, it's the same distance as there is between 1 and 2... and 3 and 4.

that said, in the mean time I do understand why they say 1/0= infinitive... I understand but I don't agree because IMO 'infinity' is not an absolute and in sciense and math, when you want something to be correct 100%, you need absolutes. Not by approximation
Anything that is by approximation is merely a theory, not a scientific truth

edit on 26/3/2011 by GypsK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Trying not to reapeat anything that is already been said before... besides "wow!"

of course I don't understand a thing from what that kid is 'explaining' so I can only hope it is genuine... but in the second vid where he explains the event horizon from a blackhole, he does a little calculation there and then he says:
im not a genius but isnt "1:0=0"... ( or ="1"... which isnt correct either) or totaly meaningless ? How does he get infinity?

If ask you this:

but in my logic you can measure the distance between 0 an 1, it's the same distance as there is between 1 and 2... and 3 and 4.

that said, in the mean time I do understand why they say 1/0= infinitive... I understand but I don't agree because IMO 'infinity' is not an absolute and in sciense and math, when you want something to be correct 100%, you need absolutes. Not by approximation

Infinity is by no means an "approximation".

According to the laws of mathematics, there are an infinite amount of numbers, and that's exactly what infinity is. Just because you can't draw infinity on a graph doesn't mean it doesn't apply to your everyday universe.

Many equations rely on infinity, because it's not just a good idea...it's the law!

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Tesla was smarter than Einstein and perhaps thee most influential scientist ever in the human race and look what happened to him and all his work that tried to help mankind.
He never sold his soul and never cared about money and only wanted to improve life for mankind and be an American citizen (never happened and this is how the USA repaid him although the Nazi's they brought over were given citizenship's with new identities and all the money and support which is their reward by the USA for killing millions- seems pretty fair) and he died a shattered man with his inventions being used by TPTB for nothing but evil.
He is better off leaving society and flying under the radar and when he has accomplished something worthy to help mankind have all his experiments and papers copied exponentially and distributed throughout the world so even if TPTB get a hold of these there are people in the world that have the same knowledge with a level playing field.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Animorganimate

Yeah a good example of this is repeating decimals. You could work on it your whole life, it will never terminate. Goes on forever, literally.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by notimportant

This makes no sense at all, let me ask you a question. Do you also consider mentally challenged/retarded people as "possessed" ? Looks like you are stuck in the middle ages !
edit on 25-3-2011 by notimportant because: (no reason given)

Actually, yes, I do. Also, I think more like the ancient civilizations that predated the middle ages. You know the civilizations that knew far more about universe without having satellites. The ancient people that made modern technology possible by passing down mathematics and alchemy.

How is it that you can accept their mathematics while also rejecting their spiritual beliefs?

Almost everyone in the entire world is born with their memory wiped clean, but this kid "knows" things without being taught. He didn't teach himself calculus, algebra, geometry and trigonometry in a week, his conscious mind is either non-human or tapped into the mind of something non-human.

It saddens me that many people refuse to accept the "real" world and can not see that all of this advanced knowledge and the technology it spawns is meant to bring us closer to our own extinction.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
yeah that's cool and all, but he needs to live a normal boy's life.
he won't know who to turn to if the government just tries to take advantage of his abilities which i am sure they are all over him by now.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

If ask you this:

The distance between 0 and 1 might not be the same as the distance between 1 and 2, or 3 or 4.

Its only on a ruler or a measuring tape that the distance is the same between the values.

The infinite is thee only constant so it is absolute. Its only a finite that is not absolute because it has a distance to the infinite.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
My brain hurts. LOL

It still hurts on the second line.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

Yep....thats pretty much what I said in my second paragraph.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by laslidealist
Tesla was smarter than Einstein and perhaps thee most influential scientist ever in the human race

That's complete bunk.

The most influential scientists in history (my opinion): (1) Newton (2) Darwin (3) Einstein (4) Galileo (5) Mendeleev (6) Archimedes (7) Maxwell (8) Faraday (9) Bohr (10) Fermi
edit on 26-3-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Almost everyone in the entire world is born with their memory wiped clean, but this kid "knows" things without being taught. He didn't teach himself calculus, algebra, geometry and trigonometry in a week,

He's 12 years old, not one week old.

his conscious mind is either non-human or tapped into the mind of something non-human.

Says who? Everything he knows is something known by humans.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ommadawn

I got interested when I read the name too. I looked him up. You may be selling him a bit short. His earth battery actually worked by free energy, so to speak. It turns out many of the early telegraph communications facilities ran off of his 'earth batteries'....however they worked a bit differently than I think he even realized, at least at first. They found they could actually remove the battery alltogether at some locations, and yet it would still work. The reason was the two communication facilities had differing electrical potentials, and this set up an imbalence. (I had just read a great article explaining all of this, probably far better than I am right now....but I can't find it again...sorry..I'll do my best!
) Sort of the same way you can get electricity from the air with a very large pole (or a balloon tethered to a wire, sent up very high). It wasn't much, but it was constant, and very much free....at least in the same sense that a waterwheel in a fast moving stream is free energy. I don't think it gave much juice out, but it was enough to run a telegraph service.

Now what I found far more interesting is that he actually was one of (if not the first) to send wireless sound signals to distant locations. Apparently though his process was not radio, but rather worked by induction, and ran through the ground rather than in the air. Its really fascinating! And a bit mysterious, as I am really surprised that the induction method worked over such long distances.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
And just to expand on my earlier post, the distance between 0 and 1 is the same as the distance between all other numbers...which is infinity. Even though you can mathematically count from one number to the next, if you expanded the decimal places out between each number (fractions of a fraction), then you can never reach one number from another...technically speaking.

It kind of goes back to the oddity of physical objects meeting in a given space. If one person was standing in a room with another person standing at the opposite end of the room, and they wanted to touch, to get to each other they would reduce the space between them by 1/2. If they continued to cut the distance between each other by 1/2 (1/2 of a 1/2 of a 1/2), there are an infinite amount of halves you could cut. So technically the two people should never be able to reach each other (and on an atomic level, do they really ever "touch"?), but in the end, numbers are just place holders to help us grasp this sort of thing.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

i cant wait to see this kid in his 30's.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Damn wish I knew everything too!

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join