It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You are Unhappy Make a Change! The Mind is Your Tool. 'You' Are NOT at the Mercy of Your Mind!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

We are hybrid beings made up of body, mind, and soul. Of these three , body and mind are limited to this lifetime. With the soul being functionally eternal, it is easy to deduce that the soul is in a body for a reason, a purpose. The soul has an agenda and is using the body and mind as a way to interface with the world to attend to its agenda.

When we are born, we are pure soul sealed in an adorable little body. Over the next twenty one years or so, we are steeped in everything we need to know to function in the world and in our society. Like little computers, we download programs from our family, school, church or religious group, peers and seemingly endless media sources. These programs act as our software, and applications, all overlaid on top of the still, small voice of our soul. All that programming stands between the soul we really are and the world. By the time we are adults, we are fairly well convinced that we are our programming. We are sure that the mask we are wearing to interface with the world is the totality of who we truly are.

The behavioral software, or the sequential orderly way the mind is loaded, is like a mask slowly built over our true nature.

We learn the rules of this plane of existence. We learn what is real, in other words. We learn what believe in. These range from the practical, hot and cold, to the more obscure like good and bad. We begin to download the belief surrounding who we are and what is expected of us. We learn how to treat each other and how we deserve to be treated. These beliefs lay the foundation for the balance of our lives.

We learn about our emotions. Emotions are those things that move us. They make us do things, compelling us to action. One emotion would be fight or flight. Love and courage. As well as anger, desire, jealousy, and others. An understanding of all these programs are loaded into us. We write many of the emotional programs that are designed to defend the beliefs we established. For instance, if at age two we come to believe daddy loves our sister more, we will write behavioral programs to deal with that belief. This could be acting out, flirting, or wanting attention. They are idiosyncratic to the individual and conform to other beliefs within the framework of the family unit. Much of our pain and hurt from circumstances of our youth, along with our joy and wonder.

If you believe the previous to quote to be true consider what it means. All your beliefs and emotions were uploaded as you grew up. They are real in a sense, but only from the viewpoint of your mind.

All of your emotions, beliefs, and experiences which you believe to be “you” could very likely not be you at all. Instead they are programs uploaded to your mind. It is easy to believe you are the programs instead of the processor underneath.

If these emotions, beliefs, and thoughts are negative programs must you keep them?

If these emotions or beliefs cause unhappiness why keep them?

If indeed we are souls experiencing life through a physical manifestation all can be changed. Whatever negative circles of anger, fear, self-hate, addiction, or pain can be cured. It is only a matter of stepping out of the mind created reality.

Wipe your mind hard drive of malware. If you are an angry person change it. Look back at your past, and find what is the root program that began the cycle of anger. Face that event, and erase it from your mind. It may not be easy, but it is necessary for breaking free. Do not let the past programs slow down your processor today!

You must understand that those programs impact every part of your life. How you view new experiences. The way new people perceive you. What results occur from your actions. All are colored by, or enlivened by what programs we let our minds concentrate on.

Any person can change their outlook on life at any time. It is merely a matter of stepping away from the mind, and the programs uploaded into it. Look at your life from the outside in, and you realize you can change anything.

The key is to allow soul to use the programs as tools, not to allow our entire being to be used as a tool of the programs.

*Quotes from Seeing in the Dark by Colleen Deatsman and Paul Bowersox

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by stephinrazin

+1 S&F For you my friend.

It never ceases to amaze me that we Humans choose the despair and drama of depression, fear, anxiety, or anger over the calmness of joy and serenity. Emotions are like rocks thrown into the pond of the self. Some people prefer to ride the waves rather than enjoying the stillness I guess.

Namaste my friend.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
How do you begin to change your programs?

First, begin to live reality outside of mind programs. Here is a good way to begin to move from mind to the underlying processor. The underlying 'you.'

This helps you move away from dwelling on the negative programs. They will fall away. Difficult programs may need to be faced, but that is alright. Once you start to tap into the underlying love of the real 'you' the strength to face the mind programs will be there.

Try the simple exercise here.

Good luck!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Buddha1098

+1 S&F For you my friend.

It never ceases to amaze me that we Humans choose the despair and drama of depression, fear, anxiety, or anger over the calmness of joy and serenity. Emotions are like rocks thrown into the pond of the self. Some people prefer to ride the waves rather than enjoying the stillness I guess.

Namaste my friend.

Good day friend,

Yes, people do choose despair and drama. I believe it is part of the growth of each individual. I had to go through my own periods of darkness to grow to the point to move forward. It is not necessarily a bad thing that people live in this way, but I feel sorry for those who cannot escape. Sometimes we cannot figure out how to move forward until someone gives us a nudge to think in a different way.

I hope if anyone out there is unhappy they might be ready to make a change for the better. It is really a choice anyone can make if they are ready to. In one instant you can make a choice to forever change your perception, and in so doing change your life.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I really believe that, for the most part, our mind really can create our own reality. I appreciate the message of stepping above what we have been taught externally and embracing mental change to better ourselves. If only something like this could be taught, it would be the ultimate cure to addictions and some mental illnesses.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I always love this quote

Spoon Boy: Do not try and bend the spoon...that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth...
Neo: What truth?
Spoon Boy: There is no spoon.
Neo: There is no spoon?
Spoon Boy: Then you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.

And it fits with what you are saying. We are sometimes our own biggest stumbling block.
Once you realize that you have to power to do almost anything. aka the truth. There is no limit to what we can accomplish.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Very good post, loved the "Seeing through the eyes of Source" video.

What a different place the world would be, if you could get as many hits on this thread as the doomsday threads tend to attract??

Keep up the good work!!

Parker

MTUBY....May the Universe Bless You!!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
It requires a change in the consciousness of the whole planet for something like this. Yes, on an individual level we can get somewhere too, but for the world to change it takes a tipping point.

At the same time we have to look after ourselves, there will always be some of us that rise above the crowd.

-sign

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by sign00
It requires a change in the consciousness of the whole planet for something like this. Yes, on an individual level we can get somewhere too, but for the world to change it takes a tipping point.

At the same time we have to look after ourselves, there will always be some of us that rise above the crowd.

-sign

Really the only thing we are truly able to change is ourselves. That is where the battle is. If you move away from mind based outlook and behavior you will see a real change in yourself.

The whole planet changing is something some might hope for, but is not the purpose I believe we are here for. Foremost we must right our own house to have a chance of correcting the path of the world.

new topics

top topics

join