It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sales of luxe doomsday bunkers up 1,000%

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Northwest Shelter Systems, which offers shelters ranging in price from $200,000 to $20 million, has seen sales surge 70% since the uprisings in the Middle East, with the Japanese earthquake only spurring further interest. In hard numbers, that's 12 shelters already booked when the company normally sells four shelters per year.

Well this is re-assureing isn't it?

On one hand it is nice to see that people are apparently waking up and see that things are picking up and there may be something to this whole 2012 nonsense after all.

Then again,.....well,......there may be something to this whole 2012 nonsense afterall!!!

If I had the money I would be in.
What about you?

Woooops, forgot the link.

Linky
edit on 23-3-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I'd buy off a crap load of the Georgia Mountains if I could and get my bunker set up nice and snudge inside of the mountain, something like a secret facility you see in movies!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
it's cheaper to move to south america. they always come out unscathed.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
it's cheaper to move to south america. they always come out unscathed.

Not true..
Buenos Aaires got demolished in 'Starship Troopers'.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
meh, i'll go stand outside with a cigarette and no pants on. nothing is permanent. death is beautiful. Rather be dead than try to live on a dead planet anyways...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DIDtm

Im not sure how you remembered what happened in starship troopers, but bravo sir lol a star for u

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
If I had the money, I would buy a house hidden in the mountains, with a secret underground bunker fully stocked with canned foods, water, guns, etc. But for now, if a world catastrophe happens in 2012 or anytime in the near future, I guess I'll just sit in my lawn chair, drink a beer, and enjoy the show!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
They're gonna miss out on all the fun!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Bunkers make good tombs and thats precisely what they will turn into during a SHTF scenario. Me, I'd rather have a small farm in a tight nit community like the one my family has in Western Illinois. You dont have to hide when you have a few thousand well armed close neighbors.
edit on 23-3-2011 by SirMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

Northwest Shelter Systems, which offers shelters ranging in price from $200,000 to $20 million, has seen sales surge 70% since the uprisings in the Middle East, with the Japanese earthquake only spurring further interest. In hard numbers, that's 12 shelters already booked when the company normally sells four shelters per year.

Well this is re-assureing isn't it?

i spat tea laughing reading your comment about "Well this is re-assureing isn't it"

looking like us poor folks will have to ride it out on the surface..you gotta laugh about it,or your go insane.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by snapperski

Well, it is reassuring.
I mean if you or I happen to win the lottery or find a briefcase with as little as $200,000 we too could
be safe from the coming cataclysm.
There is hope afterall.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Interesting! No bunkers for me. If worldwide disaster is coming next year (or anytime) my worst nightmare would be emerging from a bunker and seeing the rest of the world devastated and still being ALIVE. I don't have a family of my own so it's just me.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Some people might prefer to be near where people are so they can assist. It's one of the things more aware people, therefore more advanced souls, came here to do. Its not about ourselves, but others.

ARK acts of random kindness.
edit on 23-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
well is a bunker the way forward with so called impending doom ahead.
what if its a global flood,some of these people bunkers could be underwater,while us poor folks will be in boats,thinking how glad we are we didnt get in a bunker.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Bunkers aren't going to protect you in a true global catastrophe and, even if it did, what would greet you on the surface.

It's not just the initial disaster, it's everything that happens afterward. I believe there are about 440 nuclear power plants throughout the world. These will completely pollute the world, the drinking water, the soil, everything. Then you have the chemical waste. What kind of world are you going to find? One that won't be able to support life for quite some time.

That's if you can even get out of your hole. Look at all the debris the tsunami deposited in Japan. You won't be able to get out of your bunker with a house or a truck sitting on top of it. Besides, where are you going to build it? On top of a mountain? The highest peaks could end up being at the bottom of an ocean...again, no escape.

Plus, the contractors say that it's all confidential. Yeah, right! They built them, they have plans, they know where they are, they know who's in them. I would say, in an NWO style take over, that information will have already been given to TPTB. They'll most likely just seal the poor souls inside and allow them to die slowly over time.

Also, in the articles, some LA shop owner spent $20,000 as a deposit for a place in a huge bunker. Considering that disasters don't normally announce themselves, he'll probably be trapped in LA and no better off than if he would of used the money to buy a house.

These bunkers are nothing more than expensive graves. A million years from now, what ever intelligent creature is walking the new Earth, they'll discover these bunkers and be amazed at the great tombs we built. They'll wonder if those entombed inside were great leaders or warriors, never knowing that they were neither.
edit on 23-3-2011 by Feltrick because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Feltrick

Considering that disasters don't normally announce themselves, he'll probably be trapped in LA.....

You would have to be aware for something like that with a plan before hand or it will all be a waste.
Double

edit on 23-3-2011 by VenomVile.6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by VenomVile.6

And you'd have to make it to the airport, get clearance to take off and hope that the airport is still in one piece where you are going. In an earthquake, large devastating 9.0 or higher hitting LA, the airport would be closed due to fractures in the runway.

In an asteroid impact, you'd never make it out the shop door. Although, in the event of an asteroid, you may have time to evacuate your family to the bunker. Unfortunately the asteriod may be headed directly for your bunker.

In both cases, you could have had a good time with 20 grand as opposed to being paranoid and spending it on a hole in the ground.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Feltrick

Just for spec'
The corporate's that are selling these, are aware of whats too come and so do the elites.
They would have to know, to just buy something like that much. I mean would this be passed down to family if something never happened?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Thanks for telling us that there is a downside to the hoax of 2012. A bunker isn't exactly a sellable property.

Can you imagine a real estate agent trying to offload one of these bunkers? People will be lucky to get back 10 cents on the dollar.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
have you considered the amount of billionaires buying these super yachts..like mini citys some of these yachts/ships,with everything on them.

www.fraseryachts.com...

Hull 6154: Most Advanced Yacht in the World Under Construction Rumor has it that currently under construction is a super deluxe mega yacht being built to challenge all mega yachts for technological superiority. Commissioned by an unnamed Russian billionaire for the longest time, sources indicate that Hull 6154 belongs to Vladimir Potanin, who is also the owner of the mega yacht Anastasia. Hull 6154 is a humdinger of a vessel said to be the most luxurious, most technologically-advanced, and most expensive yacht in the world. Currently being built by Italian shipyard Fincantieri, the mega yacht is only being referred to as project "Hull 6154" and is suspected to be finished in 2010 for somewhere in the range of $277.26 million. She is estimated at 438 feet in length. Vladimir Potanin is President of private investment company Interros, founder of Oneximbank, and owner of the Norilsk nickel-mining complex.

vladimir potanin

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join