It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The needle is too expensive most unwanted animals are gassed....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Here in America we kill - extinquish an average of eight million dogs and cats a year. Mostly by gassing.

If you buy from a breeder or pet shop your karma, you support this video you are about to see if you are strong enough to bare witness to how we snuff out our domestic companion animals.

Warning .....................This is the truth, and it's not pretty........welcome to the red pill.

Adopt, spay, rescue................While we in America do this to 8,000,000 dogs and cats a year is INSANE.
edit on 22-3-2011 by ofhumandescent because: SPELLING

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

edit on 2011/3/22 by GradyPhilpott because: Truncated title to remove all caps

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I love my dogs and I won't bother watching...I can't bring myself to do it. My 4 are all fixed.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Thats xxxx up,wow and they just killed them like nothing,now thats heartless,.....if we let people get away with that,picture if they moved up to people and kill us like expendables.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I see your logic for posting this. Shock value....but c'mon man!

That's just horrible. It's like a dog/cat holocaust dude. It's one thing to know it's done that way but to actually have a video of that is just downright disturbing.

Let me put it this way, I like meat but I don't want to see a pig or cow get slaughtered in my face..

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
That's a horrible thing to watch... Wish I had not done so...

I have always been a firm believer in adopting from shelters rather than buying from breeders anyway... After seeing this video.... My belief has grown stronger.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I truely belive that you can judge a civilization by the way they treat their animals.
The human race is a very interesting one.
Good thing we are at the tippy top of the food chain and there is no life
ANYWHERE in the universe or else we just may be screwed.

or is there???
uhh ohhh.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but I just can't bring myself to watch the video that you posted. My dog of 18 years just recently died this past week and I miss her terribly.

I'm sure that I will probably eventually get another dog and it will come from the same place that my beloved friend did...someone else's unwanted dog from the shelter.

You can tell a lot about a person and about culture as a whole by the way they treat their animals.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I had to watch to know. It is horrible. But I will save my next one from the pound because of this reminder.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Now I know why human suffer so much. We just don't care. What goes around comes around.

Welcome to hell. We deserve it.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
This subject actually touches closer to home for me than for most. I used to work for a company that, then, was the second largest exotic pet distributor in the US ( It has since been bought out by the largest company in that field). When you think "exotic" just assume everything that isn't cats and dogs. From mice all the way to rattlesnakes. But anyway...

This company has two facilities - one for fish and reptiles, the other for birds and mammals. I worked for them as a delivery driver for several years, which was not very traumatizing where death was involved. Animals sometimes do die in transit - usually from things like temperature variation during travel, dehydration, or shock. But it wasn't common for the larger animals. One can get used to dead mice or hamsters. Things like ferrets, rabbits, chinchillas, etc. rarely ever were DOA. So, as a driver I was fairly insulated from seeing it.

But, after several years, the long hours of driving took their toll upon me. This company worked around DOT rules, a few different ways - and it was not uncommon for my "route" to last for well over 24 straight hours. I had three routes per week and worked 60-70 hours per week. You do the math. Burnout is something that drivers were susceptible to. And we did burn out.

After my burnout I was offered a job at the small animals facility... "packing". This was the act of preparing the animals for delivery... pulling them from their cages and placing them into aerated boxes with a bit of food and a hydration source (usually a small piece of fruit.)

I did not last long at the small animal facility. The amount of death there was unreal. For example, one employee, in particular, whenever bitten by just about any critter, broke its neck. And he was retained and allowed to behave in this manner. As long as he didn't kill anything "high dollar" (ferrets, chinchillas, exotic birds) he was safe.

But it was the euthanasia process that bothered me the most. The "kill box" was a plastic box ( I think a sand blasting cabinet ) altered a bit - it had a hose leading into it from the exhaust of a table mounted 5 horsepower lawnmower engine. Any animal that was sick, sickly, or defective ( think baby ferret or rabbit with cataracts or even just one that was naturally very skinny ) was put in the box to be killed by the exhaust from this motor.

I am positive that this was illegal as the "kill box" was hidden very frequently. Any time an outsider entered the front door of the facility - the box was instantly shoved into the electrical closet. Otherwise it was out, and was almost constantly in use.

The woman I lived with, at the time, did all she could to talk me into not quitting over this issue. We had bills and she didn't want me going through any period of unemployment. We weren't getting along very well at that point and I knew that quitting this job would probably lead to me losing somebody I was very much in love with. Even so... I quit after only six weeks. It was that bad.

I had nightmares about that box for more than a year.

Oh, and she did leave me, about two weeks after I quit.It did break my heart. But, compared to the idea of having to spend one more day in the pet industry... I think I can accept things just as they happened.

~Heff

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I have never heard of nor seen gassing before & this is fro the 90's so maybe that is illegal at this point, I have not looked into it but this is HORRIBLE! Do you know if this goes on in ALL shelters or only maybe a few in certain states or poorer areas? Yes people need to be HIGHLY aware of where their pet or Co-Worker comes from as many Pet Stores do buy from puppy millers. However there are people that adopt pets from the shelter & breed. There is also proof that neuter & spaying at young ages is not healthy & that is what most shelters do, but when done early even under a yr can cause medical problems & conditions.

SOURCE this is the source I saved to PDF

"Long-Term Health Risks and Benefits Associated with Spay / Neuter in Dogs
Laura J. Sanborn, M.S.
May 14, 2007"
Snippet
[On the negative side, neutering male dogs
• if done before 1 year of age, significantly increases the risk of osteosarcoma (bone cancer); this is a
common cancer in medium/large and larger breeds with a poor prognosis.
• increases the risk of cardiac hemangiosarcoma by a factor of 1.6
• triples the risk of hypothyroidism
• increases the risk of progressive geriatric cognitive impairment
• triples the risk of obesity, a common health problem in dogs with many associated health problems
• quadruples the small risk (

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DisturbedToo

Then a star for your post, having your companions fixed. You are intelligent and thinking ahead.

You are not a part of the problem but the solution.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by KewlDaddyFatty

Yep taking the red pill is a bitch isn't it.

Second line.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

A star from me to you for being a humanitarian.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sapient

A star from me to you.

We lost our Odie this July 12, 2010. We had him for 15 years and he was 18-20 years old at death.

Odie was a most remarkable entity, not pet, not just a animal, a being, a entity.

My sympathy goes out to you. I know the heart ache you are experiencing.

But, it has been lessoned by adopting another "death row doggie". A little sweet dainty Pointer that was scheduled to be killed, thrown away like a piece of trash.

In honor of Odie's death, we have adopted another "throw away" dog - and this in my mind will give his death meaning and honor.

Again, my heartfelt sympathy, I know the heartache of losing a precious companion (I hate the term pet it denotes slavery in my mind).

I am sorry for your loss and hope that time will heal the heartache of your loss.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Its called overpopulation.
Humans are next.
Eugenics and Birth limits are the answer.
The average American dog probably has
a better quality of life than half the people
in the world.

edit on 22-3-2011 by RRokkyy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I don't understand why they use carbon dioxide.

If you don't already know this, when you feel you are suffocating, it isn't from a lack of oxygen. It's from excess carbon dioxide.

So if you were to breathe something neutral, like pure nitrogen (which is already 75% of the air anyway) you would be able to expel carbon dioxide like you do during normal breathing, so you wouldn't feel like you were suffocating. But without the oxygen, you would eventually pass out, painlessly.

Using CO2 is just unnecessary torture.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

A star for your post. You can make a difference, just save one, just one death row cat/dog and you have made a difference.

I lost my dog Odie on July 12, 2010. We had him for 15 years. He was 4-5 when we got him. He was a wonderful entity/being - not "just a dog".

Now, in honor of his passing and it's been over eight months, we have adopted another "rescue death row doggie".

Lucy is a jewel, sweet, potty broke, dainty, a totally wonderful being that had we not adopted her might have gone the way of this video.

In honor of your previous companion, adopt another "throw away - death row" and honor the memory of your sweet precious companion that is waiting for you on the rainbow bridge.

We all think that just one person's action doesn't amount to much but if this message reaches enough people, maybe no dogs or cats will have to go through what is shown in this horrible video.

Truth is sometimes not pretty. But with knowledge comes responsiblity and that is why some people will become angry at this video - they then after bearing witness to the truth must take responsibility and that is a hard pill to swallow.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

People like you make the world a better place, for they are not arrogant, learn and adapt. Your next companion will be so lucky to have you save them from something like this.

My Lucy is a treasure, just got her. My previous dog, Odie died at age 18-20 (We got him when he was 4-5). He was also a throw away and my vet asked, "How did you people come across a dog like this?"

I asked, "Why do you say that?"

And he replied, "Because this is a real top quality show Pointer".

Our new dog, Lucy, is just a little brown and white hunting Pointer, but she is soooooooooooooo beautiful, polite, potty broke, affectionate - words cannot describe my love for her. She is so smart.

So many dogs and cats that are simply thrown away like "things"...........no they are beings and we must respect that.

I am so glad to have reached just one more person.

So many "throw aways" are beautiful, abandon and wonderful entities............just waiting for you to open your arms up and allow them life.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by 30_seconds

But, I think, if you just adopt one throw away cat/dog - and treat that entity ( not thing ) with love and respect, it will up your karma.

So if you can, go out and get a death row doggy or cat.

Now not all are perfect, but many cities, villages offer obedience training at very cheap rates - my Lucy is perfect, but I'm prejudice

If you want a breed - Google the breed name and rescue.............viola, you will find a buddy for life that will never stab you in the back while smiling at you, never disclose your secrets you share with them, nor ever bite the hand that feeds them.

Personally, I have found more morality in dogs than most humans I know but that is my own experience.

Want a buddy, adopt a death row dog/cat................they know and they will never forget who saved them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join