It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Dakota and Canada Tornado Warnings

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Text
Date: 3/22/2011
Situation: We're having a sever storm that has lasted all day, nonstop 40 mph winds and heavy snow. Its Near zero visibility.
I turned on the weather channel, which was going haywire, only showing bits and pieces of the screen, but every one of them always showed the words tornado warning, the channel is now black.

No good links that I can find talking about it either.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
And here I sit in Minnesota waiting for it to come our way.

That's all we need, a good old first week of spring tornado!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourPopRock
And here I sit in Minnesota waiting for it to come our way.

That's all we need, a good old first week of spring tornado!

nah we're going to get like 5 inches of snow along with a tornado

this sucks, i hate Minnesota winter.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
You guys/gals stay safe up there at least you have warnings wasn't always that way. Still stay safe.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

edit on 22/3/11 by Australiana because: Been explained

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I sure hope we don't get... a....

SNOW-NADO!!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Yes fun fun, the accumulation here has been very fast paced. It's supposed to reach 18 inched by morning.
Hopefully this doesn't mean an ice age. Wouldn't that be out of left field.

Everybody Stay Safe.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I love the #ing ignorance of the OP... tornado warning for North Dakota and Canada... and Canada... LOL

In all seriousness why don't you just look at your local weather channels website or call them up if you can't confirm off of just the TV alone due to poor signals...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I apologise for the lack of location. Yes North Dakota and Canada border one another. What I have seen has stated central North Dakota and Canada, assuming this would probably mean the lower part touching the midwest, west of Winnepeg.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
hey OP i hear ya there, i live in williston, and the stuff has surely come down pretty good. where are you livin at? i have to admit im pretty surprised to find a fellow n.dakotan lurkin round these parts. yep, you betcha

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenObserver

Ok thanks for that. Will go check a map of USA/Canada now. Hope all works out in your favour.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I'm in Moorhead (next to Fargo).

I haven't heard anything tornado related today, but the hail and snow have been quite nasty.
Online the only thing I have found were snow storm and blizzard advisories and this for the It's for Fargo/Moorhead area: WINTER ALERT: 6-10 in of snow over the next 36 hours

My girlfriend just told me that they closed off the freeway.

So I think it's a big-ass winter storm, but blizzard-wise I'd say we're pretty safe.

By the way, nice to see that I'm not the only one stuck in this area.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Nastradamus - I stated that I had tried, but found no information of it past just those words. I also stated that the reports said exactly that "AND CANADA". This thread is here to aybe find information about it. Instead of ridiculing, why don;t you go find some links, or do you have better things to do than worry about North Dakota, and if so, why are you even in this thread.

Everyone Else - It's great to see so many ND ATS'ers, really nice. The desolation of this state just warrant things of a "Top Secret" nature.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Yeah...we're gettin' it up here in Saskatchewan too. White-out conditions - travel on most highways not recommended...the usual...LOL

* back to my regularly scheduled hot chocolate

edit on 22-3-2011 by Tasty Canadian because: I'm half frozen

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
This winter crap is getting ridiculous I can't wait to get out of the north, been here my whole life and hate every minute of it. Just thinking about all you lucky dogs down there in the south using the grill etc makes me so damn jealous!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenObserver
Everyone Else - It's great to see so many ND ATS'ers, really nice. The desolation of this state just warrant things of a "Top Secret" nature.

Especially with all the missile silos around.

If I remember correctly, they were even featured in one of the X-Files episodes, haha!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Missile Silos you say. I haven't lived here long, so ave not heard of these. Where might one find them? I'd like to google Earth them.

*UPDATE*
I don't know about the other counties, but I just recieved a phone call saying Mercer county is totally shut down road wise, only emergency travel permitted.
edit on 22-3-2011 by GoldenObserver because: Update

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Tell me, have there been other tornadoes along with blizzard conditions?
Ive never heard of it before....then again i live on the west coast so who knew?
I cant imagine what that kind of a mix could do damage wise....thought tornadoes needed a warm and a cold front to join up?By the way to set the record straight we get tornadoers as far north as edmonton alberta i do know of......
edit on 22-3-2011 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I had never heard of it either, but appearently a "Sno-Nado" is a thing.

www.sott.net...
edit on 23-3-2011 by GoldenObserver because: Typo

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Well, there it is.
All of that snow came down within the last 8 hours.

No tornado, but a ton of frozen white stuff.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join