It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush + Iraq = Bad, Obama + Afgahnistan = Good, but Obama + Lybia = Bad?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The American left is now faced with the most difficult of truths.

Either they stand on principle and condemn their own front-man and poster child for taking the U.S. into a war that we have no business in (and we're in it for oil... make no mistake)

OR

They have no principles and will simply support the party - huzzah huzzah! and whatnot.

Bush went to war and it was bad, Obama continues the war, and it's good, Obama starts a new war (and was pushed into it by the French of all things
) and it's still good?

What I find most amusing - Obama is doing the SAME FRIGGIN THING Bush was doing in Iraq...
White House: "Installing a Democratic System"

This country is freaking doomed....
#smh
edit on 22-3-2011 by gncnew because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
It's not OBama's war.. *sigh*

At least Canada went to their House of Commons and got this approved..
Obama has 20 days left to confront his Senate.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Obama didn't give the orders to invade Afghanistan, Bush did. We've been in Afghanistan longer than Iraq.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Ah, it just goes to show how weak our opposition leaders are. Ignatieff is an outright warmonger, Duceppe is placated, and Layton is only charismatic enough to lead the NDP.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Liberals/democrats have always wanted Obama to get us out of Afghanistan, but i don't expect you to know anything, seeing as you can't even spell Libya.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
It just shows what has been obvious to anyone not is a state of cognitive dissonance. The military industrial complex has such an influence on political offices of every branch that party is inconsequential. Maybe one party will use anti-militarism rhetoric to get elected, but once in office they always revert back to it. I could not believe anyone was naive enough to believe Obama would pull out of the Middle East. There is far too much institutionalized power vested in our imperial adventures. Even if a president did try to limit the empire he would quickly find there is no political will for that in DC. Not to mention the media would turn the people against him. Only thing that will end our empire is financial insolvency. This will happen within five to ten years. That is the only good thing that will come out of the dollar collapse. The end of genocidal empire disguised in the garments of democracy and freedom.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Liberals/democrats have always wanted Obama to get us out of Afghanistan, but i don't expect you to know anything, seeing as you can't even spell Libya.

While I fully admit the flaw in spelling, so much so that I wont go back and correct it, your obvious attempt to deflect the actual topic is less than gratuitous, it's just laughable.

new topics

top topics

join