It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Troops Set to Deploy for Libya in September

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
This really can't be considered breaking news because the source is a friend of a friend.

That being said, I don't doubt the word of my friend or their friend.

Basically he told me today that his friend's child has been informed that he/she'll be deployed to Libya in September.

Keeping in mind this is 2nd hand information and I don't know any more details, I was wondering if anyone else who knows folks in the army or national guard can testify to this. I know my source is honest and wouldn't lie, I don't know his friend but based on how he interpreted, there's nothing false about the claim.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Six month warning of deployment? Is that even possible?
I won't be surprised if we are still there or moving into there in 6 months. Wars always take way longer than planned. If Ghadaffi was taken out, I'm not sure what resistance would remain.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
My son is at Ft. Bliss TX. He has heard no rumors of anything like that. But, he's also just a grunt and not privvy to high-level info. But, the topic is "rumors", and no, he has not heard any.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
What's your friend of a friend's child's job? If its naval or special operations or radar or oh, a bunch of other things, then I wouldn't be surprised. If he (or she) specializes in infantry, combat engineering, armor, that sort of thing, then I am very surprised indeed.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Don't get me wrong, I'm confident the US army prepares this far in advance.....
However, they'd do months of pre-deployment training and maybe 1 month before they'd be told.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blazer
Six month warning of deployment? Is that even possible?

Not only that, but I thought that deployment orders were to be kept secret. I'm doubting the validity of this story; however, time will tell.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
so they dont plan on leaving any time soon then!! hmmm, nothing new there i guess! just a waste of money, i dont understand how america can afford to stay in wars when the country is so much in the red

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by skylightsintheillions

Great, and yet people still are debating on ATS right now about how Obama deserves the Peace Prize that was given to him.

edit on 22-3-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
well my friend of a friend who knows this bloke down the pub who knows a guy who works for some company said that the deployment is imminent.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Dude..come on...that was supposed to be a secret.
Let's just announce 6 months in advance that we are going to invade a country.

No..this was probably something like someone joking around saying "...well in 6 months we're all gonna be in Libya..."
This isn't the first time we have bombed Libya. Just because we are doing some aerial assaults on some targets now, doesn't mean we are going to invade. Might we? Yes. It'd be stupid as hell, but we have done some pretty stupid things in the last 10 years. But no one get's orders 6 months in advance.

edit on 22-3-2011 by webpirate because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
absolutely not.
I forbid it.

Don't make me pull my budget out.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I highly doubt that your friend was told 6 months in advance of phase one of a multiphase operation unless he was brass or MI. Even then, its highly doubtful seeing as he likes to run his mouth. haha

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilDog0311

agreed, even though it wouldnt be shocking if we did invade with forces and i would say there are several plans already made depending on what happens, no random joe knows this 6 months before hand.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Considering the USS Kearsarge is waiting off the coast of Libya rifgt now with 2000 marines aboard id hardly expect itll be 6 months before they hit the beaches.....
On the other hand, it would be a bit foolhardy to take on the whole country with 2000 marines.
Theyd need to ramp up those numbers to at least 60 to 80 or even 100s of thosands for this to happen.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Really? I seriously doubt-unless they were extremely high-ranking- how someone could now this 6 months from now.And even if they were that high-ranking, they definitely wouldn't be blabbing to their sister's second cousin by marriage once removed friend of a friend of a friend.......

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
well my friend of a friend who knows this bloke down the pub who knows a guy who works for some company said that the deployment is imminent.

Like I said in the OP, this is nothing more than heresay. I never said I could vouch for the source, but only was seeing if anyone else had heard.

I don't know what arm or occupation this person has but I'll see if I can dig up more info.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com... no-fly-libya-us-combat_n_840408.html

A related news article.,

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

This information may not be valid but if it is, perhaps the Libyan resistance group will become corrupt like Gaddafi? Or they will end up like the Taliban?

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by typwar

My guess is that the resistance group will not be the ones in charge. Same story, different country.

Domestic disturbance and upheaval, fake hero called America swoops in to preserve "democracy", decade long war ensues based on whims and nothing.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Well september sounds about right for sending in MOSSAD, Sorry US forces and Italy is desperate to get some money from Libya and one italian bank who frozen libya money has seen it's share price go down by 50% so thats 50% less money to pay back to the people of Libya.

Don't trust the news on the fighting because we are getting lots of conflicting news and first we are told that the TNC marced in to town and took 90% within hours, Gaddaffi son's are dead, captured and then we find they are free.

if it take ten a few housr to take control of the city then why day later are we still fighting

top topics

<<   2 >>

join