It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National gun registry exists by virtue of compounded beurocracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
In the US there is no federal gun registry. Some states have registration but most do not. At least that's the way I thought it was until this morning.

FFL's are required to keep records in their bound book for no less than 20 years of which the form 4473 is one.

The 4473 is your name, address, ID, firearm(s) purchased, serial numbers of those firearms, and various background check info.

That hangs around at the gun shop for no less than 20 years.

Certain provisions of the PA are set to expire in May though we all know they wont.

One of those provisions is the "library records" provision. Beyond its cute title that provision goes for any records anywhere not just your library usage.

Which means at any time for any reason or no reason at all the fed can request all of an FFL's 4473's.

Instant national gun registry.

I'm sure a lot of you have already made this connection. I didnt until today. Just one more thing to piss me off.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Wasnt that the first thing that the invading army did in Red Dawn? The Cuban Colonel called for them to collect all of the Yellow Forms (Form 4473s). BTW, it is possible that registered gun owners could be on a so-called "Yellow List" (designated by the color of the form)....one of three lists: Red, Blue and Yellow.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Yeah but back when "Re Dawn" was made me and a bunch of buddies laughed at the thought that people could get those forms from a gun store, as alot of us just bought our guns from gun shows no paper work or waiting period.
Then in 96, 97 or so they made it where ya had to have a ffl dealer in the process for transfer to be legal...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
If you live in a rural area...heck, even a metropolitan area, you can get just about any gun you want from aquaintances, friends, and family. All you have to do is put the word out

No registry, no forms,no records... I keep all of my registered guns locked up in plain view... hypothetically, I have the others hidden in large PVC pipes, plugged at ends, wrapped and greased with parts and manuals and ammo in not so obvious places around the farm.

What's that...metal detectors and sensors? Camoflage baby... buried and stashed beside all those ugly steel fence posts and pld car bumpers and farm implements...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

They were the first targets for the round-up.

KGB Major: Do you want to see me?
Colonel Ernesto Bella: Yes... yes. Go to the sporting goods store. From the files obtain forms 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons, and lists of private ownership.

They keep the records of FFL sales to you for no less than 20 years. Nobody cares if you still have the gun 5, 10, 15, 20 years later. They just know it was sold to you at some point so that's the first place they'll look.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I am shocked and suprised here. No one has brought up the work of Sheriff Richard I. Mack? No one has thought of invoking "property rights"? A gun is property is it not? Just like a dishwasher, washing machine, lawn mower, tennis racket, bicycle and so on. Do we need to register ANY of these things? And whose business is it anyway if we keep these things. Harm no one and damage no property and whats the problem? If you are a responsible adult and do not threaten anyone or anything, then whats the big deal?

See, this is what I don't get about people. INVOKE YOUR RIGHTS!!! Tell them to feck off!!!

Show me the law? All that can be shown is a corporate statute. Before ANY legislation becomes a "law" it must first be introduced to the public as a "bill", then it is decided if it is Constitutionally correct in it's language and scope. If not, then it is null and void. If it reaches the legislature, even though it is bogus and they pass it, it has no effect. We can ignore it with utter impunity. I can't remember the case right now or I would cite it.

We all need to come together, peacefully, and tell the gubberment to stick it up their rears. WE THE PEOPLE will NOT tolerate any more crap!!

It's that simple, a property RIGHT!! Natural born American National and NOT a corporate "U.S. citizen".

www.sheriffmack.com...

www.law.cornell.edu...

Justice Scalia delivered the opinion of the Court.

.............We held in New York that Congress cannot compel the States to enact or enforce a federal regulatory program. Today we hold that Congress cannot circumvent that prohibition by conscripting the State's officers directly. The Federal Government may neither issue directives requiring the States to address particular problems, nor command the States' officers, or those of their political subdivisions, to administer or enforce a federal regulatory program. It matters not whether policymaking is involved, and no case by case weighing of the burdens or benefits is necessary; such commands are fundamentally incompatible with our constitutional system of dual sovereignty. Accordingly, the judgment of the Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit is reversed.

It is so ordered.

Brady Bill is null and void for all intents and purposes. Please review the case and print pertinent information to show gun dealers that YOU DO NOT have to wait seven days or one day for a backround check. It is an illegal search of your private affairs (4th and 5th Amendment violation). If you are NOT a convicted felon, then you do not have to register anything...EVER!!! PRIVATE PROPERTY....KEEP OUT!!!
edit on 22-3-2011 by daddio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by daddio

Good point and I would put myself in the top 1% of hardcore gunrights advocates but...
My washing machine never killed anything at 200 yards.
In close combat is has however killed its share of germs, or i hope so at least.

If we just decommissioned all of these useless laws like we had 100 years ago it wouldn't be as much of a problem.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by daddio

Good point and I would put myself in the top 1% of hardcore gunrights advocates but...
My washing machine never killed anything at 200 yards.
In close combat is has however killed its share of germs, or i hope so at least.

If we just decommissioned all of these useless laws like we had 100 years ago it wouldn't be as much of a problem.

It is NOT a question of "my washing machine never killed anyone", it is a question of PROPERTY RIGHTS.

Okay, let me explain it to the best of my ability, "government", ANY gubberment, CANNOT restrict the ownership of one type or piece of property over another. It CANNOT legislate to "restrict" the use of one piece or type of property over another.

Once again, ALL political power is INHERENT IN THE PEOPLE. WE, as human beings, decide for the good of ourselves and our posterity, do ordian in this Decleration of Independence, that ALL men are created EQUAL.

No one human has rights above anyone else. If you are not responsible enough to conduct yourself in a civil manner, then we will take you out of society. The golden rule, Do unto others...

You can own a chainsaw, a boomerang and many other things that can kill, some at 200 yards if you are crafty enough. So you see, one type of property is the same as ALL types of property, they are protected under the command of the owner, who must/needs to be responsible. No Victim, No Crime...no need for "policy enforcement officers", only Sheriff's.

new topics

top topics

join