It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bloop - mystery sound undersea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
This whole rumbling sound thing reminded me of some mystery undersea sounds that origins are still not solved. Here's the Bloop. Scientists think it may be a massive animal.

Scientists have revealed a mysterious recording that they say could be the sound of a giant beast lurking in the depths of the ocean. Researchers have nicknamed the strange unidentified sound picked up by undersea microphones "Bloop." While it bears the varying frequency hallmark of marine animals, it is far more powerful than the calls made by any creature known on Earth, Britain's New Scientist reported on Thursday. It is too big for a whale and one theory is that it is a deep sea monster, possibly a many-tentacled giant squid.

deep sea monster

wikipedia bloop

Here's some other undersea sounds that remain unknown :

Julia

Train

Showdown

Whistle

Upsweep

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Tiamat is waking up. Ive wanted to say that in every thread following this "rumbling sound" mystery. Not seriously though.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by AnimositisominA

according to this sound recordings "tiamat" must be awake since 1997..

I think this explanation lags of conclusiveness

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
it's the bloop.

a big bloop.

a daddy bloop, like my daughter would say.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

man, i thought this was interesting

maybe it's the guys from atlantis suffering from massive flatulence

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
never heard of the Bloop before, thx for the share!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I have heard of The Bloop before but there aren't any decent explanations as to what it could be other than icebergs... Until we explore the deeps then I guess we're just left wondering

edit on 22/3/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
This was definitely on ATS before. Here are some threads I found on a search for "Bloop":

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And much much more!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Lets just say there have been a number of strange sounds recorded by US Navy surface ships and subs.

I can not go into why the navy has classified these sounds other then they would be giving away the capabilities of US Navy passive sonar systems.

Back in 1970 I was stationed in long beach Calif next to the Navy Inshore Undersea Warfare Group One boats that set up and maintained the Sound Surveillance System (SOSUS),

Maybe a navy sub sonorman will show up and give us more.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnimositisominA
Tiamat is waking up. Ive wanted to say that in every thread following this "rumbling sound" mystery. Not seriously though.

Or Cthulhu snorning.
Gosh forgot all about the Bloop tbh. Fascinating thing.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Actually, most scientists don't think it's an animal, but rather an organic sound. A lot of people have been saying that for years now, when in actuality they mostly agree that it's probably most likely an ice burg or other natural sound, not an animal.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Pray you are eaten first!

Ia Ia Cthulhu Fhtagn!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I wonder if we ever have a follow up to this. This first broke about 9 years ago or something and ever since there hasn't been a word from scientists so either 1. they havent heard it since and it was likely some noise from the earth or 2. they found something but its so god damn big or scary that they're keeping it quiet...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
There have been a number of different, unknown sounds.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Bloop has been my favorite cryptozoology-related subject for as long as I can remember. I have the sound on my ipod as well as the SlowDown.mp3. If I had to pick a favorite area, it'd definitely be unknown sounds, especially those emminating from the depths of the sea. Check out www.bloopwatch.org... for more info on the subject. It's one of my favorite websites, even if it's hardly updated (due to lack of circumstantial [obvious reasons])

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Mermaid Found was a show just recently on Foxtel Pay TV in Australia and they are saying that the 'bloop' is the sounds of mermaids, which are both male and female and that they split away from the rest of the human race and became sea dwellers. There have been mass strandings of whales over the years and along with the whales have been mermen. Sonar events courtesy of the US navy have caused these strandings. But of course the authorites step in and get the mer-men away. It also said in the show that fishermen way out at sea have caught these mer-men in their nets but they always get away. It also explains why spears have been found in fish way out in the middle of the ocean that the fisherman have just caught out at sea, far away from land. They have found remains of these sea dwellers and worked out that they once walked upright by looking at the bone structures of remains that have been found, before the authorities spirited the remains away and the only species that walks upright is us, mankind which implies that they were once those who walked amongst us. One such remain was found in a great white shark and they reconstructed the head and parts of the body as good as they could. But the authorities basically confiscated everything except the taped recordings before the NOAA staff members could bring it all back, They even confiscated the head reconstruction which looked exactly like what a boy who had been the first at a whale stranding in the US found on a beach. But that body was taken away as well.
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Perhaps these sea dwellers, mer-men and mermaids are exactly that.
edit on 24-4-2011 by austhome because: spelling error

edit on 24-4-2011 by austhome because: added more

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by austhome

Uhhhhhhh.....Yeah, that's the goofiest theory I've heard yet for the bloop.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
i think it is maybe a tectonic plate moving with some other sound like a volcano

top topics

join