It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US warplane found crashed in field (Libya)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

US warplane down in Libya

www.telegraph.co.uk

No web report as yet, just heard on Sky new that a US war plane has gone down in Libya due to mechanical failure - the crew were rescued by rebels apparently.

Looking for internet reports to link now.
(visit the link for the full news article)

link
link (scroll down)

edit on 22/3/2011 by Now_Then because: found links amended title

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
No web report as yet, just heard on Sky new that a US war plane has gone down in Libya due to mechanical failure - the crew were rescued by rebels apparently.

Looking for internet reports to link now.

09.34 More on that exclusive from The Telegraph's Rob Crilly - the US warplane found crashed in a field in Libya is an F-15E Eagle.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Yep just heard this on Sky News as well

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I guess it is going to be inevitable that with the amount of flights some planes are going to get lost, at least the pilots are safe and not in the hands of the enemy.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
mechanical failure? i would say shot down. USA is known for calling shot down ,mechanical failure to overstate effectiveness of its overrated equipment

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
A mechanical failure from being shot down...?
from using generic aftermarket parts to save money?
a little sand in the thingamabob?

The same countries that are attacking Libya
have been sellin arms and anti arms to Libya all along...

According to the TELEGRAPH
Al CIA DUH! is the REBELS
www.telegraph.co.uk...
so don't they behead western pilots...?

edit on 22-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
This is war. hahaha
But seriously, there have been trouble in the middle east for a while now. Its not gonna be long until they want to retaliate.

Also, i think this is actually very sneaky of the US. Who in their right mind would think bombing an area is going to fix the problems with their leader? this would be a perfect time to take control as there is already a social divide in the population. I really just think there trying to get as much control over the middle east as possible to its easier for them then to gain control over palestine pakistan etc.

And i was watching the news the other day and hilary clinton (no caps because shes not important, lol.) and she was talking about a Universal colition and stuff like that, could that just be a sneaky way to say that you are forming allies?

Also, isnt Libya a no fly zone at the moment?
edit on 22-3-2011 by littlecloud because: added

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by USAisSatanic
mechanical failure? i would say shot down. USA is known for calling shot down ,mechanical failure to overstate effectiveness of its overrated equipment

Overstated hahahahaha they sell their stuff to everyone! And which side do you support? hahahahahaha.
edit on 22-3-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by USAisSatanic

The reporter that has seen the wreak says that it is fairly complete, the anti aircraft missiles capable of hitting that would pretty much destroy the aircraft - sounds to me a little like the pilot tried to control the F15 for as long as possible to probably ditch in the best available place, and then ejected at the very last minute - he seems to have done something right cos he was taken in by the rebels and is being protected etc... Now the biggest worry would be either hauling the wreak out or destroying it totally with air strikes.... loads of nice kit in one place there, lots of weapons lots of top secret stuff.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by littlecloud
Also, isnt Libya a no fly zone at the moment?
edit on 22-3-2011 by littlecloud because: added

lol! - The point of a no fly zone is you control who flys there
The Americans need to fly there, because how are you gonna stop all the people you say are not allowed to fly there? (read that again, I'm pretty sure it made sense).

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Sounds like an insurance job to me
The US is broke ! Gotta upgrade equipment some how

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
maebe he defected
as the telegraph and many others are pointing out

the rebels are al qiada

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
reply to post by USAisSatanic

The reporter that has seen the wreak says that it is fairly complete, the anti aircraft missiles capable of hitting that would pretty much destroy the aircraft - sounds to me a little like the pilot tried to control the F15 for as long as possible to probably ditch in the best available place, and then ejected at the very last minute - he seems to have done something right cos he was taken in by the rebels and is being protected etc... Now the biggest worry would be either hauling the wreak out or destroying it totally with air strikes.... loads of nice kit in one place there, lots of weapons lots of top secret stuff.

Cannon-fire, indirect-explosion, lucky shot?
Could of been any number of things...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Oh right.. Thats a bit awkward hahahaha
Still, the Americans always intervene, and i really dont see how this could make it any better..

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

then AAA

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
maebe he defected

Of all places in known Universe, including arctic desert, active volcanoes and exploding supernovas, Libyan warzone ranks as lowest, on the list of places to defect to.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
If it was an F-15 E then there should also have been a co pilot as the F15 E has two seats.

Just heard they only have found the pilot there is a search for the co pilot
edit on 22-3-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

1031: More details on the crash. African Command's Kenneth Fidler tells the BBC the indications are that the crash was not caused "by hostile action". He says that one crew member has been recovered, and an operation is currently under way to recover the other serviceman.

from bbc live updates
bbc

you edited it in before I could post
never mind

1035: Mr Fidler also confirms that the warplane - F-15E Strike Eagle - crashed overnight. It was not immediately clear where the jet went down.

edit on 22/3/11 by Flying Sorcerer because: added another quote from bbc

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Saddam shot down seven tornados
they were withdrawn from service...
I just heard they are using them (Tornadoes) now

I understand they are not very reliable.

hehheh yeah Buddasys

Libya has oil and water
It may look better than we think.
edit on 22-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join