It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the moon?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyjem

Maybe Lex Luther gave the super moon some cryptonite..Or maybe the Easter bunny thought it was an egg, and hid it somewhere that was harder to find.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I read page 1
I skipped to page 8....page 8 of where is the moon thread..8 pages on the front page of a conspiracy website that demonstrates what sort of incredibly profound insight we have here...front page...

anyhow...seen flashes of light in the night sky...and no moon...sounds like some clouds were covering it up..

either that, or the city the ops lives in didn't pay on their night view subscription and so they blacked out the moon for that area of course. Damn you budget cuts, now your taking our views away!!!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I've worked out why the OP couldn't see the moon, it's because it's SQUARE!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by kid_cudi
I am in Oklahoma and at this time the moon should be above my house! I
Can't see it anywhere! There are no clouds and nothing is blocking my view! I find it odd that the moon was huge and bright last night and tonight it's gone. It's like it just vanished! Its odd the moon isn't visible!

On 19th march supermoon was very bright and large in the night sky...latter 20..21 22..23 march..it has just disappeared in the CLEAR night sky nowhere to be seen
I'm in Asia

Op you're not alone
toooo strange ....maybe...maybe moon has its own mind thou

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
OP you are not alone. The people who are not experiencing this cannot understand it. The moon was supposed to be up and shinning at 9:03 est in the east. Clear skies but no moon-- even at 11:30. I watch the skies and moon and this is not normal. I believe we may have had an Earth wobble or five. The other night I noticed the moon came up more south than usual. Way more south.. My other half and I sat on the porch and watched an amazing light flash storm. The scary part about that was that there was no sound and no bolts of lightning. Just like heat lighting but much more amazing.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Albastion

False alarm the sun seems to be back now

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
No need to panic, I've found the moon!!

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I live in Texas and I've been wondering about the moon as well!

Since about 2 days after the "Supermoon", I have not been able to see the moon in the sky at night! What in the world is going on? I checked out that Stellarium program, and it's telling me that the moon doesn't even break the horizon till after 8:00 AM? Does this make sense?

My whole life, whenever I have been out late and looked up to the sky, I could always see the moon, unless it was a "New Moon". This doesn't make sense to me at all...

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Seriously guys, why is the moon not in my night sky?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by graphuto

Did you finally see the moon when Stellarium indicated you should expect to see it? If so, it's all good. The moon is quite often out and about and visible in the daytime. It's been that way my entire life. There is even an episode on a children's cartoon, "Peep". Peep and his friends, Quack and Chirp, are trying to figure out if the day moon and the night moon are the same moon. I'm beginning to feel like we are all living this episode.

The moon hasn't really changed that dramatically to our perspective on earth, so far as I can tell now that I'm learning about it. What seems to be going on is a lot of people who have been out of school awhile are for many varied reasons, taking more notice of the skies. We see this moon we have always taken for granted and because we have taken it for granted, we have become grossly ignorant of how it moves in the sky above us. We are noticing things that have always been so, but are new to our newly awakened awareness. So we think, OMG, an anomaly!

Just because it's always been a familiar presence doesn't mean it's not a complex presence. It takes a bit of reading and work for someone like myself, an average housewife who has been out of school for years, to digest the information available and relate that to my understanding of what I'm seeing in the sky. But now that I'm doing that, what I initially took for dramatic oddness is now becoming as comfortably familiar to me as the friendly face of the moon itself.

I guarantee, our ancestors who watched the skies and relied on their observations in order to know when to plant and to harvest, did not take the moon for granted and would be shocked at how childlike we are about the moon, despite our technologically advanced way of life.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

See thats the thing... I have been using Stellarium and it was saying the moon wont even break the horizon in my skys till like 8 AM. Something just seems off about that. I ran the program 4 or 5 days into the "future" and it eventually puts the moon back in the sky at night...

I've just never noticed that the moon wasn't in the sky, seems weird to me.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
After further research, I conclude that we're all nuts, and are just ignorant of how the moon works. A quick google of Lunar Phases straightened everything out for me pretty well.

/end thread

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

I have posted before there has been no visible moon at night; the last 5 nights. Today I took out my trash and looked up. OMG! I saw the moon ; a half moon in the sky! It is now 10:30 a.m. Las Vegas time. Not only am I seeing the moon in the daylight, it is about 1/4 of the distance to the right Southwest of where it use to be. I will continue checking the morning sky from now on. This is not normal. Don't care what anybody says.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Soulwatch

10:47 am here in Berkeley.

Luna is way up high in the western sky. Nothing unusual here.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Soulwatch

Are you related to this lady?

edit on 23-6-2011 by _kuma_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I think hes over it now folks, it happened in march lol

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join