It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the book that started the holocoust, now at a library near you!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
i live in Ontario Canada and i went to the library yesterday and at the entrance where they keep the featured books was 5 copies of the main kempf ya the book that Hitler made every German own and read, the one that said Jews were evil and needed to be killed one of the worst books. ya its at the library now in bulk, im all for freedom of speech and no censorship but there are some things that are just not ok to be published and on another note the country who is so proud for having beat the "evil Nazis" and even celebrates the victory every year now promotes the book that started it all, even worse they use OUR TAX DOLLARS to do it

thank you for reading my rant

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
everybody choose a book that nobody else should be allowed to read, and we will throw them all into a big bonfire so that no one may ever be poisoned by learning about the past...

link   
reply to post by nikkibee

I was completely unaware that Canada had situations like this, everyone seems so nice. What day do you celebrate Canada's defeat of Germany on?

link   
This may be some anecdotal info but I'm pretty sure Winston Churchill was quoted as saying that if Allied leaders had read Mein Kampf, Hitler could have been stopped years before WWII. The content of the book provides context and motivation to one of the greatest tragedies in human history and should be available for reading by anyone.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Yes the book had everything to do with it. it wasn't the signing of the balfour declaration, the treaty of versailles, or the worldwide boycott the jews put on germany when hitler came to power. Noo it was the book.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
i suppose but i dont think i should be at the front of the library where anyone can read it i mean suppose some teenager read it and started a neo-nazi group

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
What about the several instances of the use of the 6 million PRIOR to world war 2 ?
If the display of Mien Kampf is whatever so is this thread for doing the same
except the op has the benefit of hindsite and should no better
two wrongs just make more wrongs
like palistien

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
you know what i can see your point, now i feel kind of stupid that i put this on here

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I see your point Nikkibee...
I didn't mean to make it personal comment...

With what's going on in libya I think to many missed the whole point in the first place...
I bet the book is out front just to create distarction from what is going on to day..
a cynical ploy IMHO and I'll bet there were no Nazis involved in the decision to display the book...
quite the contrary I'll bet

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
freedom of speech.
you should know that being canadian.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Anyone who's sane that reads it would realise Hitler was a lunatic if they didnt already know.
Putting on display in the manner described? Not too smart haha

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by epitaph.one

ha you think just because were canadian we have freedom of speech lol you should go to our schools

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The OP is obviously not all about free speech, and is over reacting. This book is easily in most libraries, including many school libraries. It's a major piece of history, regardless of what the message is. There are allot of people that may want to check this out for various reasons like a school project, or just want to learn more about world war 2. Go grab your self a copy of catcher in rye and chill out.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
hey if you read the whole thread i said that i realize its not that bad and i shouldnt have put it on here

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Who would want to read that crap anyway, if they wanna waste their money. and kill of remaining brain cells, let them...Yuk

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jefwane
This may be some anecdotal info but I'm pretty sure Winston Churchill was quoted as saying that if Allied leaders had read Mein Kampf, Hitler could have been stopped years before WWII. The content of the book provides context and motivation to one of the greatest tragedies in human history and should be available for reading by anyone.

It's an interesting read from that perspective. He pretty much laid out his entire strategy and Churchill played him right into moving forward with his plans for Russia, and thus, scuppering himself. Hess, who did write those chapters, was in British hands of course, which left Hitler very vulnerable to British manipulations from that point on. It seems quite feasible that he never read his own book, or certainly, according to Professor Karl Haushofer, the other co-author, didn't understand the geo-politics of it.

Not the most accessible read though, and the parts that Hitler did write are the least so. Much more of a speaker was Hitler.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by nikkibee
i live in Ontario Canada and i went to the library yesterday and at the entrance where they keep the featured books was 5 copies of the main kempf ya the book that Hitler made every German own and read, the one that said Jews were evil and needed to be killed one of the worst books. ya its at the library now in bulk, im all for freedom of speech and no censorship but there are some things that are just not ok to be published and on another note the country who is so proud for having beat the "evil Nazis" and even celebrates the victory every year now promotes the book that started it all, even worse they use OUR TAX DOLLARS to do it

thank you for reading my rant

Well it all depends on the context. If they are doing it in a pro-Nazi context, then yes maybe the people who work/over-see the library should be fired. But if it is done as a warning to the future kind of thing then it might be a half decent idea. Even though I intellectually recognize the advantages of people learning about it to prevent the rise of fascism, I still think it is a bad idea though.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
There are similar books, which are far more dangerous and have caused people to commit many many more evils over a far greater time span than the nazis did. Cultural groups and religions are required to own these books. 2 well known examples are the Bible and the Qur'an.

Most people are intelligent enough to realise that the nazi's are bad news, however they are stupid enough to fall hook line and sinker for what is written in so-called "holy" books. I think that is much more of a real danger and the OP is just pointless fear mongering.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Books don't kill people, people kill people, just before WW2 started, some German, forgot his name, stated that a country that burns books, would eventually burn people..............

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
the op is right
there is LIMITED free speech in canada
a very nazi like condition all the worst for the hypocracy

top topics

<<   2 >>

join