It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how many Jedi out there ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
hey peeps, just wanted to know how any Jedi are out there on the ATS forums?

i'm not talking about Star Wars geeks, i'm talking about the people who follow in the living force in everything...

me personally, i find Star Wars boring and can't seem to get into it apart from when Star Wars came out when i was a kid..

Gaia Chi

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Temple of the Jedi Order

here is a good starting point if you are interested in finding out more... read some of the articles and you will see we are not all role playing geeks

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
So do you just believe that all living things are connected by a common thread... or do you believe that you can lift your X-Wing out of the swamp by using the force?

Not trying to patronize... just getting a little clarification.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Decision

lol, i believe that yes, we are all connected by the force, i believe it is everywhere and in everything therefore everything deserves my respect

i did levitate my car off the ground using the jack to change a flat once :-)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

ha ha nice one, "not trying to patronize". Lol. Im not a Jedi myself but I have a friend who is. He even has a light sabre.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I can only relate to the Sith teachings...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Its all explained at his link..

On the homepage of the site says....

We are not fictional Jedi from the wonderful Star Wars movies, neither are we role playing. Jediism is not the same as that which is portrayed within the Star Wars Saga by George Lucas and Lucasfilm LTD. George Lucas' Jedi are fictional characters that exist within a literary and cinematic universe.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Well I'm not calling myself a Jedi. I don't call myself anything, really... but I believe that every living thing is connected on a quantum level.

We're slowly starting to realize this connection, through studies of brain waves, and the old stories about mothers sensing when their child is in pain and siblings sensing each other's misery are slowly being substantiated through the use of EEGs.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I don't really consider myself anything. But I can see how, in ways, I could be called, or follow the Jedi teachings.
Wow did you know Jedi is in my spell check and is always capitalized?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Wait... so this is a religion that is based upon Star Wars fiction, but has nothing at all to do with Star Wars??? Good God, I've sprained my lobe....

On a related note, anyone want to go to Mordor with me to throw this ring in a volcano? And, no, it has nothing at all to do with hobbits or Tolkien.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Star Wars is fiction, in this fictional movie it mentions the living energy which is everywhere and in everything, they call it the Force. Jedi believe in this living energy. I believe in this energy, therefore i am a Jedi. If i believed in God i would be Christian... let's start a Scientology psot and see how far that goes shall we?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
The Jedi Knights are Masonic proaganda , based on the Knight's Templar also known as the Knights of Solomons Temple.When Solomon was born his mother was told by God to name this one Jediah.Look it up for yourself .The actions of the fictional Jedi have nothing to do with Masonic practices so don't be a idiot and run down to join the lodge because you won't get a light saber .Just trying to indoctrinate a whole generation .

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Im in, can we kill orcs though?

Got mah Axe!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

i'mnot saying you are wrong at all, i've never really looked into it! for me being a Jedi is mostly a solitary thing, the only interaction i have with other Jedi are online... quite similar to Buddhism, a lot of Buddhists practice without attending a temple...

i personally keep away from freemasonary, my dad is one

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

oh, one more thing which popped into my head, Christianity's creation story was taking from creation story's before it... does this make Christianity a pretend religion? we all have to start somewhere

in science, it is often the sci-fi movies which inspire scientists to create things and bring them into reality... can we not say that the movies have inspired the religious or philosophical, and in turn, brought Jediism into reality?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Why is it called 'Jedi' surely this religion is trying not to be associated with the star wars thing, but it obviously will be. Also how is this different to karma and all those sorta beliefs??? I find the connected life force thing way more attractive than other religions, but there is no reason that the two couldnt be connected?!?!?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by clintdelicious
Why is it called 'Jedi' surely this religion is trying not to be associated with the star wars thing, but it obviously will be. Also how is this different to karma and all those sorta beliefs??? I find the connected life force thing way more attractive than other religions, but there is no reason that the two couldnt be connected?!?!?

well i guess it's called Jediism because the "connected life force thing" is simply called the force in the movies and the name seems quite apt... i find this way more attractive also because once you start to think about it, we are all connected to everything, everywhere and should respect everything because if we do not we are disrespecting ourselves

taken from the Temple of the Jedi Order - "A real Jedi may belong to any Church or no other Church as long as s/he takes a true oath to follow our Creed and Code which is published here for all to see. Nonetheless all are welcome to register and participate as a guest" so i guess what i am trying to say is there is no reason why the two cannot be connected at all :-) energy is flowing everywhere and in everything, negative thoughts create negative energy and this can flow back to you, therefore, karma :-)

thanks for a sensible post also!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by gaia.chi.au
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

i personally keep away from freemasonary, my dad is one

Oh no ! Remember the scene when Darth Vader said "Luke I am your Father" just Sprung to mind .Don't let him tempt you to the Darkside

edit on 22-3-2011 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by gaia.chi.au

Yea I like that idea. I just find it odd that its named after the film. To be honest I'd be embaressed to tell people that im a 'jedi' or thats the name of the church I belong to and people im sure wouldn't take it seriosuly. Especially the person, try telling the average person that the jedi reliigon isnt about star wars and they im sure wont believe you, after all it is named after it!

I just find it odd because star wars was by no means the first time this idea was mentioned. Im sure orignaly the religion was intended to be connected with star wars. Jedis in the film arnt the only ones who believe it as well. I just think the name hurts any message you might be trying to spread and its hard to believe that the 'force' part of the film is the only reason for choosing the name 'jedi' as the idea is mentioned in other religions. Surely this was used to capitalise on the films success so people would join for the novalty. Even if it makes perfect sense (the religious teachings) still it wont be taken seriously after being named after these fanrasy films.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by gaia.chi.au

Sorry I didnt m,ean to bash the religion or anything, just I find it problematic about the name as people will associate it with the film and thus not take it seriously. I do really like the idea behind the all encompasing energy. Can you tell me is this borrowed from earlier religions do you know? It seems that this might be a religion where parts from others are put together to make something new that to the founder makes more sense.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join