It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pearl Jam Thread!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Ok,im bored and its friday night and im on the beer!

So its time to make a thread on my favourite band ever,well for the last 12 years anyway since i discovered them when i was about 15 years old,i love them,with the exception of Riot Act i would say every album is a masterpiece(Riot Act awesome but not a masterpiece)and i love the fact no album sounds the same as the last one and for me they are one of those rare bands that just dont make any bad tracks and you can gladly listen to a whole album through without ever feeling the need to skip.

From the first time i heard Nirvana as a kid i totally fell in love with the whole grunge thing and each time i discovered a new band i was blown away, from the likes of Soundgarden/Alice In Chains/Mudhoney/Screaming Trees/Green River/Mother Love Bone/Mad season,and it became a personal mission to collect everything they ever done,its amazing that one city produced so many great bands within a few years, each one with a completely different sound from the next and to be honest here in England, with the exception of The Stone Roses and The Jesus And Mary Chain we had a bit of a drought in good music over here at that time!

Anyway i wanna see how many more PJ fans we got here on ATS,please post your favourite tracks!

Heres some of mine:
(apologies for some of the videos as its a nightmare to find some PJ songs on youtube)

edit on 18/3/11 by lektrofellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

One of my favorite cover songs of all time. What a timeless song....
edit on 18-3-2011 by raiders247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by raiders247

Great song,thanks for the reply!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Pearl jam is a great band! I prefer their older songs though. That whole seattle grunge movement was a trip to ride through and just to listen to the different styles produced in that region.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Used to love this band so much, kind of fell from grace as time went on for me.

Anyhoo, enjoy.
I just got the shivers again

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Awesome thanks for the reply,love Mccreadys guitar on this track,reminds me of some of Hendrix's stuff!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I think it's one of the reason I like that song so much, McCready is maybe one of the most under rated guitarists of his time. I recall being situated at the front on his side of the stage being mesmerized by him playing that. My favourite song by far.

Here is another under rated song that I love.

I could do this all night

edit on 18-3-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Great songs,especially Rearviewmirror, love it!

I love this one off Vs aswell

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Aside from Yellow Ledbetter, this is my favorite PJ song.

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life,
I know you'll be a sun in somebody else's sky, but why
Why, why can't it be, can't it be mine

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
My husband and I really love Pearl Jam too! Took the kids when they opened their tour in Casper Wy that year. Awesome. Thanks to Pandora we have a PJ radio channel to listen to when we aren't playing the cd's!
Will have to add my fav when I can remember the name of it.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Thanks for the reply,great song,i love their more chilled out songs the best!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
For me, their first 3 albums were the best. I just haven't really listened to much off of their recent albums though. Anyways, here is one off of each- Ten, Vs., and Vitalogy.

'Release' (Live 2006 - Netherlands)

'Rats' (Live 2006 - Boston)

'Nothingman' (live)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Thank for the reply mate,3 great tracks! especially love Nothingman!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
For me, their first 3 albums were the best. I just haven't really listened to much off of their recent albums though.

I didn't either for a while. Then, they released a series of live albums in the middle of the 2000's. It was a great way to get back into them. Especially since they changed their set list so frequently. I have 7 of those live albums, and they all spread such a wide range of PJ's music, even the shows that were close to each other are often way different in songs.

It was just a great way to get back into their music for me.

Here are a couple other Pearl Jam tracks that are some of my favorites. They show just how diverse they are. Especially Mike McCready's playing. They are both covers. One is another teenage tragedy song. The other...I can't even describe properly. Sort of an aural orgasm...Crazy Mary.

Hold me darling just a little while.....

Take a bottle, drink it down. Pass it around.....

edit on 19-3-2011 by webpirate because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Yeah. They kind of lost me on 'No Code.' After that one I basically stopped giving alot of their new stuff a chance. I'm not saying it isn't good, I just wasn't as interested in it. Anyways, I'll try your tip, and listen to one of those live ones. Any particular suggestion for one that will help re-open my eyes/ears?

I also wanted to add- I like your short song description. Just by the name 'Crazy Mary,' I wouldn't of known which song that was. With your short descriptive verse, I instantly knew.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

2 I have that I really like are Live in Chicage 05-16-2006 and Live in Santa Barbara, 07-13-2006. There's a few songs like Black, Yellow Ledbetter and Porch that they do in both, but there are many others which are different.

I've always been a huge believer in the philosophy of Pink Floyd and others who don;t like breaking their albums up into individual songs to sell, because of loosing the whole full album experience. However, I think that buying full live albums can give a complete album experience too, but allows the listener to hear more of the songs the band likes to play while still exposing them to other music of the band they might not be familiar with.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

You should check out The Live At Benaroya Hall album,its an acoustic double album and its effin amazing!

edit on 19/3/11 by lektrofellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Of course, one of the so few bands that gets it.
Been huge fans since '89.

Thanks PJ for not selling out.
Thanks for not being afraid to tell it.
And thanks for the musical genius.

Just a universal merci.

I found this song fitting, here on ats.
Musically, I prefer the live version, but this video version speaks volumes.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 31-3-2011 by ItsEvolutionBaby because: non-working link

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

Thanks for the reply!

Great song,great video,yeah they have never sold out and continue to make awesome music!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
OK....Some people may think this is sacrilege, but I think this video's hilarious. Even Eddie has joked about not knowing the lyrics to this song though. Besides...we all need to laugh occasionally...

Watch this video of Yellow Ledbetter. With "alternate"....misheard lyrics. If you do know the real lyrics, you'll never remember them again after seeing this!
"I don't know all the words.....yet..." and "Make me fries."

I wanna leave Bennigan's.

edit on 26-4-2011 by webpirate because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join