It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

March 19, 2011 - Super Moon!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
So, Tomorrow is the 19th of March. Already the moon filling the night sky, how is the condition where you live? Take pictures and submit!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4c6da55bfa64.png[/atsimg]

It was quite a shutter time on this one, but you can still compare the moon to the lights coming from the buildings. Luna is very, very bright! You can see how strong the light is on the reflection at the bar to the left. Let's see your pictures!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
It's a bird! It's a Plane!

Nope, just the Super Moon.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Wow, that's a bright moon. It's still daytime here in Toronto, but when it gets dark ill be sure to snap a pic.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OleMB

do you of any websites to track when it will be most visible for certain states?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OleMB

Well........ it's the moon?

Nothing special, untoward, mysterious or noteworthy. The air temperature is cold (clear skies!) People seem to be acting normally (around me anyway).

Sarcasm aside, given the recent devastation in Japan caused by a 9.0 magnitude earthquake, nothing short of a 10+ with global upheaval will even raise my eyebrows.

Think i'll sleep soundly tonight.

Regards

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kermithermit111

Sorry, I really don't know. Picture is taken in Trondheim, Norway. The clock is 10:46 pm, so I guess in five, six ours most of you in North-America will be able to take some great pictures!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I would like to see it, hopefully the rain will abate long enough to do so. Haven't seen the sun or the moon or the mtns. in ages. Starting to think my whole world is shrouded in clouds and rain.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by logicalview

I'm not promoting something bad is gonna happen, I never once mentioned that. This is the date the moon will be at it's closest to earth, last time it happened was in 1993. So even if you are not hit in the face with a meteor or something, this is spectacular, and I'm sure there will be a great deal of good photography also.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by OleMB

Here's a few, taken tonight from the Uk. I'm using a makeshift zoom, so the image quality isn't great.

Not too bad for a home-made zoom lens, I think!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

Great pictures!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I am going to break out the telescope!!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by OleMB
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

Great pictures!

Thanks.

If I can improve on the sharpness I'll post some more, considering the Moon's right overhead and wonderfully bright tonight.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Lately, the moon is so incredibly bright, I find I'm not able to look at it directly, otherwise it will hurt my eyes. I just don't remember, ever before, in my half-century (and some change) as an earth flea, not being able to view the moon, otherwise it would hurt my eyes.
I wonder too, why the time the moon is in full bloom over me, the sky is nice and clear. Then starting at just before sunrise, all this gray musty overcast crap builds and builds.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Hopefully I can snap some pictures tonight, but sadly I just have my cell phone so going to see how the pictures turn out first before uploading but hoping they will be good. Here's hoping it will be a clear night as well I think we might be due for some rain so here's hoping it comes later.

So far nice pictures though.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Yup, those are great pictures!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by OleMB

Just peekin my head in real quick cuz there's no where at Starbucks to charge my my laptop but jus wanted to share my thoughts.

What about worldwide tides in relation to the Supermoon? I don't live by a coastline so I can't see what's up in person.

Haven't seen that come up in the thread yet. Maybe I missed it though.

Do I get a point?

If I come across any helpful info I'll post it.

Toni

edit on 18-3-2011 by Antoniastar because: I forgot something.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Something strange, possibly unrelated... we live in a really small town 3miles long by 4 miles (?) my duaghter's gps told her to turm right when she need to turn left

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
In another recent moon thread I wrote that I'd been watching the Moon for 40 and couldn't tell the difference between perigee & apogee.

I stand corrected: This is an uncommonly lovely Moon!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by OleMB

Its unusually warm here, clear. i let the dogs out @ 3 am and its very bright. there was some birds chirping in the trees! & being purely scientific, ive been feeling a bit randy today. wonder if its the moon?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I must admit when I saw the moon last night I got the binoculars out and had a look. It was an incredible sight!

Probably the best views of the moon I have ever had!

top topics

join