It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just My Opinion on Believers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I just want to address some of the more common arguments believers make. Its getting quite annoying hearing the same BS over and over again, when it does not make sense. Atleast not opinion.

Before I post the following I am open minded that aliens MAY exist some where in the universe. I do not believe they are visiting earth. I also doubt they are reptillians, or lion people.

This first argument drives me insane.
"Aliens Must Exist Cause God Does Not."
First for you teenagers going through "Secret Internet Atheist when mommy and daddy's not home"stage, A good amount of people have gone through that stage before noone cares and you don't have to post "There's no god..lol" in every topic. Samething applies for the kids going through the "gothic (skulls,zombies, snakes, satan everywhere etc) kids."

To you real grown up and mature Atheists. I just feel its a bit Ironic. To yell there's no god but believe in little magical gray and reptillian creatures flying in spaceships, and they have these magical/fairy, and pyschic powers is a little bit ironic.

I'm not a big tough "Internet Religous guy."

Another argument is everyone wants to link the
"Drake Equation."

So far it has yet to be proven right. In fact correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe any part has been proven correct. I mean don't think we have found any civilizations yet because to the drake equation. (I know we havent.)

Another Argument.
"Skeptics just don't want to accept that we are not alone."

Its not a point in "wanting to accept" it's more of "wanting to know".
This goes back to people who "want to believe" they will believe everything hoax or not. They ignore all opposite of their belief. Those on this site with "I WANT TO BELIEVE" in their avatars and signatures,
and have names like "humanhybrid, alienman, galaticpeace etc" ( I don't believe these are actually members of the site this is just examples of types of names here, )
will never accept anything other then aliens exist...because THEY WANT THEM TO EXIST...

They will go around calling people "trolls". I'm sure I will be called one in this thread.

Skeptics want proof we don't care for incredibly bias TV shows, Books, stories...Terribad youtube videos.
We want legit proof.

Another Argument
"The aliens are already here"

My response is prove it.

Show us a real StarGate
Show us a real Alien
Show us a spaceship.

I don't care if you believe you was a alien in a previous life, if you cant prove it then it's BS. And I don't care for internet "roleplay."

And lets not get into the Jerusalem UFO lol.
I still think it was a weak attempt to start a UFO cult. Especially with the "The aliens dropped off a baby jesus topic." That people took seriously.

Thanks for reading.

edit on 17-3-2011 by AtruthGuy because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2011 by AtruthGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
This whole topic is fascinating...

For rational people it comes down to what you have seen with your own eyes.

I have never tried to change minds on this subject. It usually quickly devolves anyway.

I can appreciate your open mind....If you can appreciate mine.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I personally believe there are aliens somewhere. But I would also like to KNOW. Very interesting topic, and I actually agree with a lot of what you said. Some people who believe in aliens take it to an extreme. But I guess thats their opinion right? S&F

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Great post, I will flag this. A lot of your comments echo my sentiments too.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Brilliant! the biggest thing that bugs me is when you get a random person come into a thread about aliens and UFO's and says : "yes your right the reptilians ship's can only fly a few feet above the water but on land the anti-gravity effect is much greater so they can fly higher"...

I'm thinking, what are you talking about? how could you possibly know how high the ships fly? like they are a total expert, then they will moan at me when I quote real evidence, they call us trolls but I think its the other way round...
edit on 17-3-2011 by roughycannon because: spelling

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
My stock reply to these types of threads is a quote by William Cowper. (Unrelated to Aliens)

"Absence of proof is not proof of absence."

edit on 17-3-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I'm a grown-up athiest so your post speaks to me. I'm indifferent towards aliens UNLESS I see something with my own eyes. I just can't trust any pictures or videos on the internet, nor can I fully trust other people unless it was someone very close.

If I see an alien I will believe, believe me. Until then I think it's possible and can't be certain either way.

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AtruthGuy
I just want to address some of the more common arguments believers make. Its getting quite annoying hearing the same BS over and over again, when it does not make sense. Atleast not opinion.

Before I post the following I am open minded that aliens MAY exist some where in the universe. I do not believe they are visiting earth. I also doubt they are reptillians, or lion people.

Excellent. So you took the time to tell us what you didn't think about people that don't visit. Awesome. You can't show me a single shred of evidence they do not visit us, and I can show you quite a bit of evidence that has not been debunked that goes towards proof that they do. You have zero evidence. I have questionable evidence. Which gives me the advantage on the Truth Scale...

This first argument drives me insane.
"Aliens Must Exist Cause God Does Not."
First for you teenagers going through "Secret Internet Atheist when mommy and daddy's not home"stage, A good amount of people have gone through that stage before noone cares and you don't have to post "There's no god..lol" in every topic. Samething applies for the kids going through the "gothic (skulls,zombies, snakes, satan everywhere etc) kids."

Throwing this in has nothing to do with anything. If a person chooses to be atheist, no matter their age, then leave it be. Yes, ATS has gotten a bunch of folks who want to trash each other's religions but lumping non-believers into these catagories is pretty offensive and puts you on the top of the DB list. So cool it. If God does exist (and I believe He does), even the Pope himself admits that doesn't discount the possibility of alien life. And why not? More beings to convert!

To you real grown up and mature Atheists. I just feel its a bit Ironic. To yell there's no god but believe in little magical gray and reptillian creatures flying in spaceships, and they have these magical/fairy, and pyschic powers is a little bit ironic.

Again, showing your ignorance, boss. You are not exactly in a position to judge an Atheist as mature or grown up. Unless you are, of course, God. There is substantial evidence that the human mind is capable of far more than we use it for. Telekinesis, remote viewing, out of body experiences. All subjects on this Forum. I recommend you select a few and try to debunk them. And if we can do more, how is it any stretch of the imagination to believe that a technologically advanced civilization, capable of interplanetary travel, observation, anal probes and whatnot, HASNT developed those abilities, yet? Just a for-instance.

I'm not a big tough "Internet Religous guy."

That's obvious. You got on a CONSPIRACY forum to trash people who believe in aliens? Judgemental, illogical, and waaaaay out of line. Sounds like a religious zealot to me.

Another argument is everyone wants to link the
"Drake Equation."

So far it has yet to be proven right. In fact correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe any part has been proven correct. I mean don't think we have found any civilizations yet because to the drake equation. (I know we havent.)

Awesome. Show me the equation that attempts to prove we are alone in the Milky Way. Another point for us. You aren't even trying, are you?

Another Argument.
"Skeptics just don't want to accept that we are not alone."

Its not a point in "wanting to accept" it's more of "wanting to know".
This goes back to people who "want to believe" they will believe everything hoax or not. They ignore all opposite of their belief. Those on this site with "I WANT TO BELIEVE" in their avatars and signatures,
and have names like "humanhybrid, alienman, galaticpeace etc" ( I don't believe these are actually members of the site this is just examples of types of names here, )
will never accept anything other then aliens exist...because THEY WANT THEM TO EXIST...

What would you think is the defining characteristic of the human race? In my opinion, it is HOPE. To think that we are alone in this universe with no neighbors, no interstellar family, no exciting discoveries to come... it boggles me with sadness.

They will go around calling people "trolls". I'm sure I will be called one in this thread.

From Lewis Black: There comes a time when two groups of people see the same thing and just HAVE to agree on what reality is... If you pop out a thread like this that is meant to incite negative responses instead of logical and intelligent discussion, you are, in fact... at troll.

Skeptics want proof we don't care for incredibly bias TV shows, Books, stories...Terribad youtube videos.
We want legit proof.

That goes down both sides of the line. We believe there is proof. And that it is being hidden from us. It's happened before. It's happening now. You can want to believe in a thing and be prepared for it to be proven wrong. That's where hope comes in. Even if there are no ET's visiting us, you can't deny the impact the idea of ET's has had on the world since pre-historic ages. I can show you evidence all day long about the history of "Sky Gods". Show me a shred of proof anywhere in History where a civilization has expressly denied the existence of Aliens. Another point for us.

Another Argument
"The aliens are already here"

My response is prove it.

We're trying, mate.

Show us a real Alien
Show us a spaceship.

DONE AND DONE... working on the Stargate.

I don't care if you believe you was a alien in a previous life, if you cant prove it then it's BS. And I don't care for internet "roleplay."

You can't disprove it, either. It's like trying to put out a fire with a flamethrower. Why start a duel you can't hope to win?

Thanks for reading.

You're welcome.
edit on 17-3-2011 by Arrowmancer because: Sprellin n grammr

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
My stock reply to these types of threads is a quote by William Cowper. (Unrelated to Aliens)

Proof of your belief doesn't prove what you believe... quote by Paul Rough 2011.

edit on 17-3-2011 by roughycannon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

I would not disagree with you, but this is a self defeating formula since it leads to no resolution This formula can only be resolved by proof.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

edit on 17-3-2011 by CrazyMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

Nice one! Touché Back at cha.

“Any belief worth having must survive doubt” - Unknown

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
OP get something straight before you go off on everyone. If you were looking for rational legitimate complete truth, your never going to find it on here. You came to the wrong site. This is a conspiracy site. Most people never catch the proof with HD pictures or video long enough to convince anyone of anything. This is why this site is made for people to come together to discuss supernatural things they have seen. We offer the little proof we do have and we can't offer anything. Atheist/Skeptics on here yelling and shouting "where's the proof!?" is nothing new. Your always going to be yelling it because there will not be sufficient evidence enough to prove to you anything! There are a few pictures and a few videos running around on the web, many people claim to film an alien. Its your choice to believe them or not but most times you don't! So what the hell is the point! This site isn't made for skeptics. Its made for people who have seen and acknowledge a supernatural event and the supernatural world. Its a conspiracy site. Go somewhere else if you want your proof because your not going to find what your looking for here. Good riddance.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CrazyMonkey

lol, I would take out the massive quote as it violates the T&C on ATS.

I believe in logical thought. I think there's enough information to formulate a credible hypothesis concerning the existence of extraterrestrial life visiting Earth. I believe that people are convicted of murder with less evidence than we have for ET's, UFO's and Abductions. I believe that there is a PERCENTAGE... a measurable number of people that truly think they've been abducted or contacted or seen an extraterrestrial or a craft. That lends credence to it. I believe that there is more evidence to prove the existence than to disprove it. I'd be a fool if I looked at a balancing scale that was completely tilted to left and declare to an audience that it is tilted right.

I believe in the possibility. I can't understand how a rational person can't see the probability.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ag893

I disagree with that, I think you will find that the amount of people on here who want proof and are sceptics far outweigh the amount of people who think their is a civilization that lives inside the moon.
edit on 17-3-2011 by roughycannon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrazyMonkey
I would not disagree with you, but this is a self defeating formula since it leads to no resolution This formula can only be resolved by proof.

I would argue that the square root of pi is a self defeating formula. There is no real square root of pi because it is an infinite number of decimal places. There are only approximations.

I've seen some things I can't explain or prove. (Empirical knowledge) Just my .02¢

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Arrowmancer

I dont believe we are being visited but sure I'm open to the fact I might be wrong...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

Well put. You have one side that believes in Visitations without a shadow of a doubt. You have the other side that thinks there isn't a chance. Then you have the two of us, on opposite sides in the middle, rationally discussing something like this.

THIS is why ATS is here

Well done, roughycannon!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ag893
This site isn't made for skeptics.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

WHAT?! Skepticism is the origin of many conspiracy theories. Skeptics question their government, what they are told, religions, and so on.

This is the perfect site for skeptics.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arrowmancer
reply to post by CrazyMonkey

lol, I would take out the massive quote as it violates the T&C on ATS.

I believe in logical thought. I think there's enough information to formulate a credible hypothesis concerning the existence of extraterrestrial life visiting Earth. I believe that people are convicted of murder with less evidence than we have for ET's, UFO's and Abductions. I believe that there is a PERCENTAGE... a measurable number of people that truly think they've been abducted or contacted or seen an extraterrestrial or a craft. That lends credence to it. I believe that there is more evidence to prove the existence than to disprove it. I'd be a fool if I looked at a balancing scale that was completely tilted to left and declare to an audience that it is tilted right.

I believe in the possibility. I can't understand how a rational person can't see the probability.

Ok I can understand where your coming from, but what if I told you that the information that you based your hypothesis on was based on loose information. Herein lies the problem, Rendlsham Forest and Malstrom seemed like very credible and serious cases. But like a typical UFO case new information arises which makes the original evidence questionable from a skeptic point of view. In the case of Rendlesham Forest one of the gentleman ( the name escapes me) said the craft downloaded binary code into his brain, ( why didnt he mention this all those years ago!?). In Regards to Malstrom, Robert Salas is accused of lying. Too tired to break down the details, but surely you can understand why approaching any situation as a skeptic is a healthy way to approach any case study. It's this intense scrutiny of information which ensures the information holds up, which increases the legitimacy of any case study.

Just being a believer means SOME people on this site, just accept everything they see as fact. Even worse, a tragedy like the one in Japan gets absorbed into their fantasy world, and suddenly the make threads talking about phantom non existant ufo aliens etc.. Being a believer in some cases means your model of the world is highly biased and thats not a good thing when investigating anything and in some cases it leads to deluded fantasys. A good skeptic won't judge a case based on old ones and treat every case subjectively. But some skeptics ( me included) will be overwhelmed and overloaded by the amount of sillyness and rubbish that is posted, you lose faith in any of these people having any form of rational thought or critical thinking.

edit on 17-3-2011 by CrazyMonkey because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join