It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US military restricts activity within 90km

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
www3.nhk.or.jp...

US military restricts activity within 90km

The US Defense Department says it has provisionally suspended activities of US forces engaging in rescue operations in northeast Japan within 90-kilometers of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant.

Lapan also says in an exceptional case if troops were to operate within 90 kilometers of the stricken power plant, they would be given potassium iodine tablets to guard against possible acute radiation symptoms.

They had a typo, but this is a Japanese news site that is translated in many languages and with what is going on, i'll let em slide on that "L"

What is interesting is that within 90km they are given anti radiation meds that we all know as IODINE TABLETS [I wonder if military has to pay those damn $350 a packet like us regular peeps - not like they care on budget...]

Related:

White House advises 80 kilometer evacuation

The United States government is advising US citizens within 80 kilometers from the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant to evacuate the area or to remain indoors.

The Japanese government has asked people living within 20 kilometers from the plant to evacuate, and those between 20 to 30 kilometers to stay indoors.

Is it weird that Japan says 20-30km and the US says At the least 80km.. ?
This is escalating pretty fast from what i see..
Also for those who post a lot, keep tabs on that link on top.. It's a direct Japanese news site that updates to the minute news over there.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
So they're refusing to help?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by PoorFool

It's too "Dangerous"
But maybe they can shoot sea water from 90km away to help cool the nuke reactors

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anttyk47

Originally posted by PoorFool

It's too "Dangerous"
But maybe they can shoot sea water from 90km away to help cool the nuke reactors

No disrespect, but to me it sounds like they're just sitting and watching as the country falls apart.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by PoorFool

There has been LOADS of advertisement for the US Red Cross though over the past few days.
But the military is needed.

World police [CHECK]
World Humanitarians [N/A]

new topics

top topics

join