It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Prime Minister Live Interview Now on CNN. nearly admits Israeli possession of nuclear weapon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Benjamin Netanyahu interview live on cnn.
he wants war with iran but wants it to be lead by other countries

in a very straightforward manor
he was asked if israel possed nuclear weapons

his reply was
our policy is that israel is to not be the first country in the middle east and we maintain that policy
and he smiled (Pakistan was the "first" but israel has said to have them since the 70's)

he was then asked again does israel posses nuclear weapons
his response was
we pose no threat as we have no countries targeted for annihilation (again smiles.)
(refering to iran wanting israel gone)

ill get a vid up as soon as i can find it.

edit. having trouble finding a vid. hopefully someone will post it to youtube. at least

ill add too at the begining of the interview he said if iran got to a point where sanctions would not work military action would be the next point.
he was asked then if it would be UN lead and he replied he would want it to be lead by the US and that it would be not that bad of a job.

edit on 17-3-2011 by dirtycrickrat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
who is he?
i'd like to know, i'm sure you just missed it out in your haste to get it up here a vid would help asell. i'm way to lazzy to look for one so you'll have to spoon feed this to me

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I saw the interview, and unfortunately my impression was that it looked downright embarrassing.

Netanyahu had the look of a shifty and aimless kid getting questioned by his high school guidance counselor about what he wanted to do when he grew up. His eye contact was poor, he wouldn't answer simple questions with straightforward answers, he kept playing the victim/sympathy card, and he kept trying to claim that his country's problems should be handled by everyone else. He presented himself with everything but the air of a dignified and capable leader, and I don't see him allowing himself to be "interviewed" by Piers Morgan again anytime in the near to moderate future.
edit on 3/17/11 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Benjamin Netanyahu
en.wikipedia.org...

im having trouble finding the video.
cnn.com is all japan and libya

hoping someone posts it to youtube
did anyone else catch the interview?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Aceofclubs

Netanyahu is the Israeli Prime Minister. Basically the president of Israel.

I don't quite think that he "almost" admitted but I think he said and portrayed exactly what he wanted to on television. He was solid and professional which says that they are determined to meet their goal. He did speak as if he would much like a resolution to the issues between Israel and Palestine. I think that the majority of the world knows they have nukes and if not it wouldn't be that difficult for them to get them up and running in no time flat regardless. High school students in America can assemble small nuclear fission reactors I'm pretty sure Israeli Defense Forces can engineer uranium and missiles enriched and complex enough to become a nuke.

scary times regardless.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dirtycrickrat

Of course Israel has nuclear weapons; lots of discussion about this topic over the years including a good summary here:

www.fas.org...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
interview is repeating on cnn now.
im on the east coast. im not sure if that matters time wise.

top topics

join