It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why must the US always be involved?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Christ god lord, now i dont know if im posting this because ive had 3 pints of cider (Its st>paddies day) But why msut there be threads about "OH RADIATION INCOMIGN DOOM DOOOOM" "US DOOM DOOM RADIATION"

Why must it be about america all the time? Everytime we have an Earthquake its "USA DOOM YELLOWSTONE" everytime there is a tsuami its "HAWAII DOOM DOOOOM" Now its radiation, for god sake give it a break ameircan doomers, cant you handle the fact that all the doom isnt about america all the time?

Japan had two nukes dropped on them by our good friends in the US, did deadly radiation hit the US causing millions of deaths?

Japan is our focus, lets focus on them, they are the ones we need to worry about. Not tracking some retarded non existent radiation cloud which is thousands of miles away.

Jeessuyzz

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Good post ..i'm only angry because not buying many potassium iodide tablets week ago ... i missed a lot of money ...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
i think that most people on this site are from america.

im from the uk too, but its only normal for most people on here to worry bout themselfs and their families.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Perfect example of how self-centered we Americans as a whole are.

As long as we get ours, who cares about the rest. America needs a wake up call, we have lived sheltered lives for way too long and this is the consequence. The problem is, we will be forced to change because I do not see us waking up on our own. Something is going to have to happen here that puts responsibility and survival into the citizens own hands. Once, thrust into that situation, people will then realize that in order to get through the situation what ever it may be, that they must work together and look after one another.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Haydn, so you are upset at people in the United States being concerned about their health because it pollutes your view of ATS threads? ...right...and supposedly they are the ones being egotistical....

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Australia is a 1,000 miles nearer to Japan than the USA Not seen any worried Aussie's on here.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

I think most Americans are worried about the radiation being carried over by a jet stream. Australia isn't in the jet stream so they don't really have to be worried about it.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I was thinking, say for example the disaster was actually happening in America and all the Brits were scared the radiation was going to cross the Atlantic and effect them, causing all Brit posters to start making threads about the radiation heading to the UK and buying up stocks of Iodine. How would the American posters feel, that Brits felt their fate was more important than those in America. Just hypothetical, what if?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
Christ god lord, now i dont know if im posting this because ive had 3 pints of cider (Its st>paddies day) But why msut there be threads about "OH RADIATION INCOMIGN DOOM DOOOOM" "US DOOM DOOM RADIATION"

Why must it be about america all the time? Everytime we have an Earthquake its "USA DOOM YELLOWSTONE" everytime there is a tsuami its "HAWAII DOOM DOOOOM" Now its radiation, for god sake give it a break ameircan doomers, cant you handle the fact that all the doom isnt about america all the time?

Japan had two nukes dropped on them by our good friends in the US, did deadly radiation hit the US causing millions of deaths?

Japan is our focus, lets focus on them, they are the ones we need to worry about. Not tracking some retarded non existent radiation cloud which is thousands of miles away.
Jeessuyzz

Maybe you should switch to beer, ale, wine or whiskey?

Second line.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I was thinking, say for example the disaster was actually happening in America and all the Brits were scared the radiation was going to cross the Atlantic and effect them, causing all Brit posters to start making threads about the radiation heading to the UK and buying up stocks of Iodine. How would the American posters feel, that Brits felt their fate was more important than those in America. Just hypothetical, what if?

Is the point that Americans should not be concerned with their own health and the health of their families by seeking out information on the radiation leak coming from Japan? If thats the point then thats your opinion and your welcome to keep it. Lets not be ignorant for the sake of being empathetic.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Wouldn't even cross my mind. I guess I would expect that people who may be totally ignorant of radioactivity, radiation and nuclear power would be more concerned with the people closest to them......their families. That would be particularly so if they expected their nation was possibly next on the list of affected areas from fall out.

He is right in that the people of Japan should be our primary concern at this point. But, I take his post at face value, and consider it the raving of a drunken fool; analogous to penis envy.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Disasters like this really drive home how interconnected we all are on this world we share. For some, loved ones have been directly affected by the earthquake and tsunami in Japan. Hawaii was affected by the tsunami. California was affected by the tsunami as well. Fellow ATS'ers in Japan are reporting on their own firsthand experiences of what's been going on and keeping us all updated. I think it goes without saying that we care and we're concerned for those who went through this disaster. We collectively mourn for those who lost their lives, and our hearts go out to the survivors.

When there's so much we don't know about how dangerous the nuclear situation is going to actually turn out to be--especially with such contradictory information that it's difficult to determine what to believe, or determine whether the world will face the best case or worst case scenario--then it's understandable to be concerned about the consequences.

Let's say a major disaster does strike the US, and we have a situation where nuclear reactors end up in a potential state of meltdown that could affect other countries or a situation where it looks like Yellowstone or another supervolcano gets triggered and may possibly erupt. I would expect that people in other countries who could be affected by that would understandably be concerned, too.

I don't take this concern to mean that someone is making the disaster all about them. It isn't *about* "us" vs. "them". Disasters like this drive home that point, that there isn't an "us" or "them." We are all human, and we all share this planet together...and we're facing an increasingly volatile world together. Let's share that world in love, and look out for each other. And I've seen so much of that in these threads on here!
edit on 17-3-2011 by Ariel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Because..
A. The u.s is the worlds largest damn busybody poking its nose into everything...
B. The u.s profits from misery, bloodshed , warmongering, fearmongering..
C. Refer to points A and B when in doubt...

Oops.. Almost forgot a late happy st. patricks day to ya from a japanese travelling back to japan .. Have a couple rounds for me ..
edit on 17-3-2011 by Expat888 because: Tengu causing mischief.. And my forgetting to wish happy st. patricks day to the good people of eire ..

Oops forgot to clarify on point B.. Think the americans victims of the fearmongering by their government and media - it showing in their posts.. Ta for point out SMR
edit on 17-3-2011 by Expat888 because: Aaarrgh more tengu and need coffee..

SMR

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
Because..
A. The u.s is the worlds largest damn busybody poking its nose into everything...

What do any of those have to do with American members on this board, posting threads about radiation scares in their country ?
Me thinks you are angry at something else entirely, and it isn't for this thread

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

As I recall, after Chernobyl a lot of Europeans and Asians were crapping pink twinkies, and as it turned out with good reason.

In WW2 balloon bombs launched from Japan took advantage of the prevailing winds; some landed as far inland as Iowa.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
since when is it wrong to engage in worry about self preservation before something you BASICALLY have no control over happening thousands of miles away. is it terrible? yes, more than terrible, but quite frankly I have done all I can do for the people of Japan by giving generously to the relief funds and supporting them in that way. I am sorry I'm not selfless enough to go and put myself in harms way to help.

People are ENTITLED to worry about their own saftey BEFORE anyone else's and they are entitled so speak out about this as much as they want.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Since the majority of posters here are from the US, it seems rather obvious why there might be so many posts about the US possibly being threatened by a radiation cloud heading their way...

SMR

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Your thread title implies that Americans are getting involved in the situation in Japan yet your whole post is nothing but complaints about board members POSTING concerns about themselves. Two totally different things.
I think maybe it is the pint you have in hand as you have two topics in mind but only went on a rant about one, which has nothing to do with the title.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Honestly, this is a good thing for America. Many more American's will be ready when a Terrorist (or false flag) explodes a dirty bomb or nuke in a US city.

We have a lot of nuclear power plants near faults in this country. Nothing wrong with getting prepared for disaster, even if it means you do it in a foolish manner.
edit on 17-3-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SMR

Originally posted by Expat888
Because..

What do any of those have to do with American members on this board, posting threads about radiation scares in their country ?
Me thinks you are angry at something else entirely, and it isn't for this thread

Oops.. Not had much sleep lately.. Think most the americans victims of the fearmongering by their government and media and its showing in their posts.. Apologies for not clarifying..

<<   2 >>

join