It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS, CIA, Secret Service! What this means?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
This site is watched and looked over and monitored very closely by the CIA and secret service. But why? Why would they care what is being said on here unless it was meant to do harm to another being which has happened before. But rather than telling us were getting close to finding out something that we don't need to know about why don't they just stay hidden and let people think what they want. You know it is funny how we have the FREEDOM OF SPEECH but our speech is limited. Built yet we can't even say things without getting arrested or getting a visit from the government
edit on 17-3-2011 by kid_cudi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
how do you know its being monitered?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by kid_cudi
This site is watched and looked over and monitored very closely by the CIA and secret service. But why? Why would they care what is being said on here unless it was meant to do harm to another being which has happened before. But rather than telling us were getting close to finding out something that we don't need to know about why don't they just stay hidden and let people think what they want. You know it is funny how we have the FREEDOM OF SPEECH but our speech is limited. Built yet we can't even say things without getting arrested or getting a visit from the government

have you ever been arrested or visited by a government agency for saying something?

i'm pretty certain, as well, that the site is monitored...but i'm almost equally as certain that they're strictly voyers and possible disinfo posters...not lurking and plotting to arrest people.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
You ain know. The discussions on here cover a wide level of conspiracies. Some may even be true in reference to E.t Good/Alien Bad gov-political issues-reorginization of populations - depopulations. Those topics there would attract global govs not just the ones you mention and not even the ones that are known about. Its ATS Above Top Secret and there are real secrets in here if you can sort thru the intentional bs set out to ease the extreme conspiracies...

Be well
edit on 3/17/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by slowisfast

have you ever been arrested or visited by a government agency for saying something?

i'm pretty certain, as well, that the site is monitored...but i'm almost equally as certain that they're strictly voyers and possible disinfo posters...not lurking and plotting to arrest people.

Well the incident I reported actually could have put the Presidents life in jeopardy so I told the secret service and the guy got banned from ATS for saying what he said. I don't think they r out to arrest people unless it's a situation like the one I just told you. I think they are here to disinformation people and throw them off track from what is really going on.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The only place to trade ideas without the threat of being monitored is the "Human Internet". Those people connected to you in real life. I hope that everyone is maintaining and strengthening their human connections for the things to come.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I think one of the ex-mods worked for the FBI, does that count? i also think he does firearms training for the public, but im not certain.

link   

Originally posted by nikkibee

I have been visited before. I also swore to secrecy so that's all I can say. And if you seriously think a site like this wouldn't be monitored by the Feds your and idiot!

link   
Yeaaaaaa.... but their the government and they can do whatever they want. They'll keep exploiting just as they did to the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th, and 10th amendments

a$$holes

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
I think one of the ex-mods worked for the FBI, does that count? i also think he does firearms training for the public, but im not certain.

A lot of mods prolly work with Feds! Why do u think so many posts and threads are closed and deleted. It's not a game! It's for real and they do monitor the site. You want proof then u can call the Feds yourself But they won't tell the truth

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I would believe that this website IS being monitored but they are careful not to limit what we say because then it would be blatant they are trying to hide something.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by slowisfast

Well the incident I reported actually could have put the Presidents life in jeopardy so I told the secret service and the guy got banned from ATS for saying what he said. I don't think they r out to arrest people unless it's a situation like the one I just told you. I think they are here to disinformation people and throw them off track from what is really going on.

ok, so you were visited because you willfully reported someone who said something you found inappropriate and/or dangerous, am i correct?

so you put yourself in the middle of something as opposed to being thrown into the middle of it based off of your own ideas and statements...correct?

i'm not saying you were wrong for doing so...i'm just pointing out that it was your choice to insert yourself.

so you opened that door.

like i said, i believe that the site is monitored....i don't believe that they watch it strictly to show up at peoples doorstep as some sort of modern day gestapo.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kid_cudi

You know there is a differance in promising not to tell and a gagging order, if you didnt' sign anything blab away...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I mean we're not harming anybody, we just wanna know what the deal is with hiding UFOs, secret societies, etc. Unless those things bring harm to us!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikkibee

I have been visited before. I also swore to secrecy so that's all I can say. And if you seriously think a site like this wouldn't be monitored by the Feds your and idiot!

Well that's convenient and typical for around here...

"I was visited but sworn to secrecy" and the good ol' "insider information"

Gimmie a break.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Abovetopsecret is a private messaging board. The mods / site owner can limit your speech in whatever fashion they choose without any reason. The Feds on the other hand dont own this board, and therfore would need to have either a court order, or voluntary assistance from the Mods / site owner to curtail a topic of conversation.

As far as the board being monitored, of course it is.. I seriously doubt their concern is some scientist from Los Alamos passing info on to China. I would wager than some of their more intresting program (Darpa, etc) would find more of a willing audience here than main stream.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by slowisfast

I'm having trouble trying to figure out what was said that he reported or whatever else he's saying.

Is ATS monitored? After a former member here shot a Congresswoman in the head, what do you think?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

yeah i really have no clue what the OP was talking about specifically.
he said something to the respect of turning in someone who said something that could have put the president's life at risk. but he's not allowed to talk about it.
so...whatever that means.
i'm not about to call him a liar...i'll take it at face value...
but.

i assume and would put money on the fact that there are people who track and monitor the site.
especially after what happened in tucson.

i do not think, though, that government entities will show up on your doorstep to arrest and/or question american citizens based on their posts on an internet message board. (which is what i think the OP was suggesting will/would/could happen)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by slowisfast

Of course they monitor this site. So will the Russians, Chinese, Israelis, and whomever has the resources.

Some idiot may start talking about a plot they are doing, secret government work, etc. Info is presented here of all kinds. Exactly what "monitor" may mean here is something else. They may monitor specific members, topics, or forums. They may monitor all of these areas these days. After all, they've had the carnivore snooping program working for over twenty years.

My personal experience is that the night of 9/11, my computer firewall was hit about sixty times in rapid succession--before I stopped counting--by other various computers trying to get access to my system. Before that time and after, rare was the occasion that I was attacked. And I was strongly into UFOs only at that time, having been an abductee. But hardly anything else except for a passing interest in some other conspiracies at that time.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
We won't find out anything but they will.

Like the time a saucer hit some guys house and we might have mentioned it.
I heard whoever he made the contract with are looking to void it and take back
the money cause he was not to talk about the saucer hit.

Leaks happen.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join