It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First post, possible fix for nuclear crisis in japan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Most people are suggesting do a repeat of the chernobyl entombment. I have a slightly different suggested fix:
Take one of those mobile cranes and set it up to deploy rigging designed to hydraulicly extract the rods, similar to how a pneumatic mail tube works. I thought at first of using a helicopter, but the IAEA rep I was talking to suggested that this was unsafe. This tube could shoot this nuclear garbage somewhere where it can be dealt with and keep it cool in water till it gets there, and it wouldn't have to get far....

Just far enough away to be dealt with more safely.

It occurs to me that because rods can be kept at

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLastStand

Nice post and active thinking. I think that is what we need to devote today to. All minds on this planet need to present solutions and use our collective strength to solve this. Sometimes it doesn't take a nuclear scientist to present a feasible idea or direction. Remember they were the ones who put backup generators somewhere near sea level, which is the main cause of all these catastrophes. Good Luck all and keep the ideas coming. Turn the news on and really ponder. You may save us all.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLastStand

Please post your idea or opinions to one of the many threads that cover the Japaneses issues,

Thread closed / removed

Sauron
Super-Moderator

new topics

join