It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COMPASS DEVIATION MARCH 16th>>>>PICS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I live in Toronto Canada and a few months ago I place a compass in an area and meticulously aligned the needle to show my house in relation to North...my house sits 9.5 deg off roughly. A few months ago i saw it deviate a bit, its in my kitchen so I can see it several times a day, this time the deviation is a bit more.....look at the pics you can see the way it sits perpendicular to a piece of wood in the cupboard....and the underlying lines "were" parallel to the needle....there is not metal or anything of the sort to throw it off, I am not kidding....I just decided awhile ago to get a pic next time I noticed....

I am sure some debunker can come up with a theory of some sort, but the truth can often be debunked....look at the pics....use the buttons to view the 4 pics on facebook...sorry only place i use to store pics...

edit on 16-3-2011 by Drala because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Btw it looks like 1-1.5 degree mitration...but as i say last time it snapped back to normal in a week or so....

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Drala

Several others have done similar things but I haven't heard of any results yet. Your pic requires a log in, so please add it to ATS Media, and embed it if possible.

To help you with possible debunkings, this could be caused by a new kitchen appliance, or some other item placed near the compass. Also, how securely is the compass mounted?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eb6dbdbe61b9.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Is it fastened somehow, or are you just trusting your eye to align it? Is it attached to a surface that can not move?

You do know that your house shifts with the weather and temperature and your far north enough the ground freezes and thaws? Your whole home, assuming it's a stick built structure, would move a few inches as you pass through the seasons. It also expands and contracts as the temperature changes.

Any electric motor can affect it.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Sorry, but I have to troll your thread. Please don't EVER post links into Facebook. That's weak. Just load the photos into your ATS pictures account and then you can embed them right into your post.

Facebook? Really?? You must be new here.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
www.windows2universe.org...

The North and South Magnetic Poles wander over time; the North Magnetic Pole moved some 1,100 km (684 miles) during the 20th century. The strength of Earth's magnetic field varies as well; it has been decreasing slightly ever since around 1850.

Over the course of Earth's history the magnetic field has actually reversed itself many times, with North becoming South and vice versa!

Our magnetic wander has been speeding up, moving toward Siberia.
ascendingearthbeings.wordpress.com...

But the magnetic poles have been moving faster lately, sliding towards Siberia at 34 miles per year at a speed that’s accelerated 36 percent over the last 10 years, according to the United States Geological Survey, or USGS.

Keep an eye on it, it would be very interesting to see north become east, west, or especially south

I wonder how long a reversal takes? I think they can only look at elements in the soil, to be able to tell when north turned into south, and vice versa, but I don't know if they've ever figured out a timeline on how fast it happens. It's probably different each time.

A small wander is normal. Just don't rely on a compass for hiking unless you check the deviation prior to going into the woods.
edit on 16-3-2011 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
There has been no movement,not even marginal.
Do NOT take pics of a compass with a mobile phone,you can move the needle with your phone,go on have a shot.
Sorry to say NO MOVEMENT.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I know the pics are misleading but it is an orientation compass so it has a straight edge against the front of my cupboard....and first thing i looked for was anything metallic around it...nothing what so ever...no new appliances etc.

When I placed it against the edge I aligned the lines manually, and then it stays against the frame of my cupboards...no way it can change position without breaking from the cupboard frame...thats why I chose the area, and bought the compass specifically to monitor...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by iceblue20-12

PS there has been movement I look at it almost daily, its normally aligned perfectly...and I do not use cell phone cameras...that a semi professional Cannon with a 0" macro setting...yes 0 inches the camera is more than capable...of a shot from a foot away. PS as I looked through the view finder i moved back and forth to see if I could cause deviation...none was visible...to my semi professional eye....

Seriously you see the lines in that pic as parallel?? get glasses man....or if you ever join the services i recomment you avoid rifles

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Drala

The magnetic north pole, is moving more north for each year.
Look at this web page:
Movement of The Magnetic North Pole

The pole kept going during the 20th century, north at an average speed of 10 km per year, lately accelerating "to 40 km per year," says Newitt. At this rate it will exit North America and reach Siberia in a few decades.

edit on 2011-3-16 by tomten because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I have a military compass in my bedroom. I've had it set-up for a couple months now, and I haven't noticed any deviation at all. But, then, my location is just one over the entire planet, so I can't speak for your area...but the east coast of Canada seems to be steady with respect to magnetic north.
edit on 16-3-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

thanks for the help with the pic...could you get another one for me that is zoomed out a bit to show more of the framing of the cupboard? I am sorry if this seems lazy...i am extremely busy and my upload is crap to put them to ATS

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Hmmm maybe its the vortex of energy that surrounds me....i'll go meditate and see it begins to spin...lol.

I have other compasses aswell, but unless you have a 100% straght edge like on a orientation compass, and actually attaching it to something that does not move, seeing a deviation of 1-1.5 degrees is hard...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
only one flag lol...the odds that an earthquake happened as I was taking the pictures....that is actually what happened...i got the urge to look at it and felt i should post it...took me around 20 mins to take pics then post them on facebook...subtract that time from my post time and look at this....

This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.
Magnitude 4.3
Date-Time Wednesday, March 16, 2011 at 17:36:55 UTC
Wednesday, March 16, 2011 at 01:36:55 PM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 45.570°N, 74.550°W
Depth 18 km (11.2 miles) set by location program
Region ONTARIO-QUEBEC BORDER REGION, CANADA
Distances 61 km (37 miles) NNE of Cornwall, Ontario, Canada
74 km (45 miles) W of Montreal, Quebec, Canada
76 km (47 miles) NNE of Massena, New York
91 km (56 miles) E of OTTAWA, Ontario, Canada

Location Uncertainty Error estimate not available
Parameters NST= 61, Nph= 61, Dmin=106.1 km, Rmss=0 sec, Gp= 61°,
M-type="Nuttli" surface wave magnitude (mbLg), Version=5
Source GSC OTT

Event ID us2011incp

strangely look at my post from the Japan quake here.....www.abovetopsecret.com...

I felt the intuition to go to usgs and literally had visions of tsunamis...I went to the site as the quake was occuring....before it showed on the usgs site...then it was shown just as i snapped outta my daze.... feel free to read more detail...but this is kinda freaky in "my" little world

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drala
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

thanks for the help with the pic...could you get another one for me that is zoomed out a bit to show more of the framing of the cupboard? I am sorry if this seems lazy...i am extremely busy and my upload is crap to put them to ATS

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/793ef3dad849.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by iceblue20-12
There has been no movement,not even marginal.
Do NOT take pics of a compass with a mobile phone,you can move the needle with your phone,go on have a shot.
Sorry to say NO MOVEMENT.
rofl im sure the guy noticed the change before he got his cellphone out to take pictures . thanks OP keep us updated .

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I have had a compass in a fixed location for nearly 12 months.
There has been no movement.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Here's a good intro to Magnetic declination..

www.compassdude.com...

This is very important info if you plan on using a compass for lining yourself up with a map, and it changes depending on where you are. There is also a link to a site so you can get the declination in the area where you live

here's the results for my location:

Declination = 9° 48' W changing by 0° 1' W/year

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
There are a few ats members on here participating in a compass movement experiment,few threads on it,not searching for them now.
When the data is repeated with the same results all over the world,then you may have something.At the moment with conflicting data we cannot be certain magnetic north has moved.

When Everyone gets a movement all over the world and our data backs another,or several others then we have something to look at.
No movement, tho i will report if there is.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join