It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 will erupt in chaos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Ok I get the feeling that 2012 is going to erupt in chaos and conflict. For one thing its only a matter of time before Tiwain is invaded. It will probably be invaded around 2012. I think Isreal will be in another war by 2012. But the big kick off is that a lot of people seem convinced that the world will end in 2012. People will panic about the end of the world thing. Also just to place my bets I'm betting that ATS will hit about 1,000,000,000 posts.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Yes, I remember all the violence and global conflict that erupted because everyone thought the world was going to end in 2000......

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   
What is your basis for the conclusion that the world is in for hard times in 2012? Does it have something to do with the Mayan calendar or is it just wishful thinking. (If the latter, then I think you have some issues to deal with.)

Personally, I believe that "something" will happen in or around that time that will change the way we interpret not only our world, but ourselves. As to the middle east situation, no bet there. They have been at war for as long as any one can remember. Why should that be any different in 2012?

Just my two cents worth.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 07:36 AM
link   
i think it is wierd how you believe it will be the year 2012. how is that year different than any other year?

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   
ok, here were go again. Another prediction!

JAK

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Why is this posted in the Education & Media forum?

You start the post with "Ok I get the feeling that 2012..."

At the very most this should have been posted in the predictions forum,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

but it's not even a prediction, just a few thoughts you have pieced together from current news events.

"But the big kick off is that a lot of people seem convinced that the world will end in 2012. People will panic about the end of the world thing."

You read about 2012 being the most recently thrown about date for big troubles/ the end of the world, and people already worrying about it - then state you think people will panic about it. Hardly Nostradamus.

It should at best be posted in one of the many 2012 threads already up:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

if not BTS.

Jack

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Maybe that's the year we will run out of oil, who knows?

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Oh &#*@, I accidentely posted this in the wrong forum! Hate when that happens... But the reason I say 2012 is because a lot of military buidups should be ready for use by about 2012. But the main thing is the whole Mayan calender. As soon as Fox or NBC mentions that on the news everybodies going to panic. Kind of like the whole Y2K thing. Only since terrorism gets worse everyday I don't think that this will be a whole lot better than what happened with Y2K.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Um...if i recall Y2K went fine. That was a real known threat... and nothing happened. People didn't riot, there were no mass suicides, etc.

Also what makes the mayan calandar so damning for us? It was a cyclic calandar not taken out another cycle... if the Mayans were so great at telling the future then why are they gone? Why didn't they prepare for the europeans?

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Hey I'm not saying that the world will actually end in 2012. But there are people out there that will believe it. And there was some panic with the Y2K. It was more of a computer panic though.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
who esacliy started this whole OH MY GOD!!!! GOD IS COMEING IN 2012!!
it's completly ruined my social life.. well, not really, i'l still sin, a little...
i don't think the world will end with the apocolisp, i think it's already happend, read revalations really hard, and you'll see it.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 01:12 AM
link   
did you happen to read that titor time travel bs? is that why you said 2012? of is it what we call a swag (s*it wild a$$ geuss) or is it that myan calander thing? im interested why you say 2012....
ill be here all night

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I only read a little bit of that John Titor BS. I never believed it anyhow. But everybody knows it was a hoax so that won't really matter. But I really don't think the world will end in 2012. But some people might believe that. I'm going to go about life as normal in 2012 but I don't think everybody else will.

new topics

top topics

join