It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*UPDATE* Jim Berkland (Geologist), W Coast Quake window starts March 19 2011 *ATS Experiment Added*

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

i brought this up in the Long valley caldera thread and asked why there was a shallow earthquake inside the volcano yesterday and someone told me it was just wind... is that even possible? i thought the sensors were buried underground?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by PLUMBER1

Oh ok I was just saying that because my upper eye lid on my right eye was twitching badly for about 2 weeks or more before the japan quake and I just realized it stopped after that quake and I also kept getting headaches above my right eye but the twitches were wierd because the average twitch usually goes unnoticed so I found out through a little research but mine would twitch it would twitch and everyone around me could notice it. Most the sites that said anything about eyelid twitch associated them with stress but I am under more stress now than then so that don't make sense to me just wonder if anyone else is or had that same problem.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mosheh24

That's pretty weird that you asked that, it's been happening to me all morning. Do you know what it means?

edit: I just saw your post above.
edit on 17-3-2011 by JohnnyRaincheck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

I still keep thinking Sunday/Monday but not sure if it's NZ or the USA

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Same as me guys at work and my family noticed the twitch, they were amazed at how strong it was at times. I had people telling me it was a pre-stage to a stroke and stress related all that stuff. But almost to the minute of the quake it stopped. It also got worse each day building to the day of the quake. I would have to pull over when driving it would get so bad!
edit on 17-3-2011 by PLUMBER1 because: spelling (of course!)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyRaincheck

No but mine stopped shortly after the Japan quake and has not returned but I don't know if I would place it on quakes yet but it sure seems to me it was quake related but that is speculation as of right now unless more come out saying they have had that to lately beside you and me I have all the other things like headaches, unusual vertigo, sick feeling in my stomach.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The OP asks if the animals are acting weird. I'd say yes.

1. My daughter's cat (hateful little monster that it is) has been affectionate with me since yesterday.(very odd)
2. This morning my boss tells me her birds are all acting nuts and out of control. (She's a parrot lover)

other odd things...

3. Major headache since last Friday
4. Nausea, loss of equilibrium and upset stomach this morning.
(no other flu or cold type symptoms)

PS we did have a 4.3 here in eastern Ontario yesterday. Not saying that any of these are connected but the OP asked for anything out of the ordinary so there it is.
edit on 17-3-2011 by palg1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by PLUMBER1

You had the eye lid twitch too?

Mis read your post so you did have the twitch so that makes 3 now.
edit on 17-3-2011 by mosheh24 because: add on

Edit: I don't have any pets other than a fish that keeps swimming funny lately but no dogs or cats but will ask everyone I know who has one if there pets have been acting strange lately and post that here what I find out.
edit on 17-3-2011 by mosheh24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
i also thought if the USGS reviews and determines it was not a quake they will delete it off of their site... here it is this morning still listed...earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

I live in the Central Valley of California, in a pretty small town. Our post office is littered with lost dog flyers, and they are all over town. My two dogs have been trying to get out front all week, when my kids don't pay attention to the door the dogs get out and we have to chase them. My cats have been pretty scarce lately.

I lived in the Bay Area when the quake hit in 89. It was a very scary event. I was still young, about 12. But I remember it very well. The roof of our house split open. I remember watching the destruction on TV. It was terrifying!
I sure do hope this guy is wrong, but we will find out in a few days.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I was reading some of the posts after I already commented.

Funny to read about eye lid twitching!! Mine has been going nuts for a month already and has not stopped. The twitching is in my right eye. Also, my family who is generally very healthy, has all had inner ear infections, but no other signs of illness.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Ok, I have read what everyone is saying and find it very interesting about the dead fish turning up in the weeks beforehand and so on. So I thought I would do a little research and found this little snippet on the Fox News website.

www.foxnews.com...

Interesting stuff. Twenty two tonnes of dead fish pulled from the sea in this California Marina on March 8th.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixFire

It seems we may have a pattern here with the twitching that makes 4 but I wonder why mine stopped after Japan and others are still having it I wonder if location to the next quake if quake related has anything to do with it, I'm on the west coast, this is wierd but I have had ear problems before but never vertigo to this magnitude and the ear ringing and popping that got 10x worse lately is getting on my nerves that's all I hear now.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

YAY - this is my first post on ATS

anyway - There was a bunch of dead sardines in California last week right before the earthquake -
March 9th in Redondo beach - two days before the Japanese Earthquake...

articles.latimes.com...

and also last friday in Acapulco there was a swarm of fish that were so dense and near the surface that fishermen used buckets and bags to catch them...

www.google.com...

I haven't done the time zone calculations on the Acapulco fish but it was about the same time as the Japanese Earthquake. maybe the fish left early....

I suppose that there are gas vents under water before a quake that the fish can detect.... but i really believe CERN's LHC is causing the earthquakes! notice this weekend they reached the speed of light for the first time....

VA (Reuters) -- CERN scientists said Monday they staged their first speed-of-light particle collisions of the year at the weekend…

www.tehrantimes.com...

and they have been ramping up all last week... in fact you can follow lhcstatus on twitter and see what they were doing at the time of the quake... a post about 7 minutes before the quake said they were getting ready to dump the pilot beams-

Comments 11-03-2011 06:36:41 :
Program for the night:
- pilot ramp/squeeze/collisions DONE
- aperture measurements -> DONE
- ramp with nominal bunch
Soon dump the pilot beams...

lhcstatus.elwell.org.uk...

so that's my 2 cents - i know i strayed a little off topic but if we are trying to predict earthquakes maybe someone can keep track of CERN and the LHC... i also found correlations to the Haita quake last year being the first time the LHC restarted after a shutdown.

Since i am a newbie here i can't add a topic or start a discussion so if someone with the ability wants to start a thread on LHC and quakes i will contribute more information.

good job ats - a source of news for those who can handle it.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Hello everyone-
I had to create an account just to comment on this.
I moved to the West Coast a few years ago from the Midwest. Since I've moved out here I've been having spells of vertigo and symptoms of what seems to be like carsickness off and on (i've never had these symptoms before moving here). Originally I thought it could be because I'm at a much lower sea level or maybe my body isnt use to the higher amounts of seismic activity? Within the last few months I have been noticing my eye twitching almost nonstop. Last Friday night I was at work and had a mega headache and got a rush of vertigo. I even told my boss that I felt really strange and that I thought something was going on. An hour later a coworker runs into my office and reports that Japan had a large earthquake.
I found it strange that others have been experiencing similar things. I didnt really notice until it was mentioned that my eye hasnt been twitching since then.
Anyway, I just wanted to share.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
i live really close to california and i've been not able to sleep for 3 days and i feel like scared of something but i don't know why, i don't really believe in predictions but since everyone is telling their stories about how they feel....

also did anyone in CA has seen or observed the pigeons??, i was watching Animal Planet and they mentioned that China used the pigeons behavior to warn people about a big eathquake and saved tons of people.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by syanblue

So that's 5 with the twitching.....Is anyone feeling as though they are climbing elevation like pressure in ears and head but when you feel that your not going anywhere? I have felt that off and on but not extreme until recently.

BTW welcome to ats even though I am new too lol.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Hi...it does seem that Jim Berkland may be on to something here. He struck me as being both a geologist with the USGS yet someone who is board minded enough to view the possibilities of earthquakes based on observations of animal behavior while also linking movements of the Earth's crust to the gravitational effects of the Moon.

It would interesting to see if what he has put forth is accurate this coming 19th Mar due to the Super Moon. As for animal behavior prior to an earthquake, it was reported here in the West coast of Malaysia (adjacent to Sumatra, Indonesia) of fishermen netting large amount of fish including appearance of hundreds of dolphins a couple of days before the Dec 24 2004 Sumatran Earthquake.

Also, there also was also a report in a local English daily here (The New Straits Times) of a large number of fish of varying specie washing up dead along the shores along the Island of Penang about a week before the recent earthquake in Japan.

On Mar 17, a large swarm of bees was spotted flying in the heart of the city where I live just before noon. It was odd as the bees flight seemed random.

I suppose keeping track of weird animal behavior and die-offs on ATS would be a good way of helping us lookout for possible signs before the next big quake hit.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Make that six with twitching. I went to see a neuro it was so bad in my right eye.
Stopped now .

Strange

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
found this thought it was intresting

www.sott.net...

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join