It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Go! Newsburst (aus TV) ...disgusted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I'm speechless, I don't watch TV so forgive me if this is normal, but I wad just now sitting here with some mates after work, the tv was on in the background; I looked up to a channel go! "newsburst" where the reporter stated "the nuclear power station in japan has caught on fire, it is now safe though and workers have returned as normal". That was all on japan.

It was spoken simply like that too..are they actually getting away with this consistently?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Do yourself a favor and DO NOT listen to Australian news media. I #$%$ hate it.

The only news I watch is the ABC news occasionally or mainly SBS world news. Don't even bother with anything else, all you'll get are brief BS reports like the one you heard or you'll get Larry Emder (I despise that idiot) talking about Lindsay Lohan in the morning.

Aus news is frustrating. Don't watch it

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ballsdeep

GO! is not a news channel, nor is Gem or 9 it's alternatives.. Nor is 7, 7Mate or 7Two, or 10, or 11-Hello. Sbs 1 and 2 might be close, but I doubt it. Abc 1,2 & 3 are not.. BUT ABC 24 is.

Stick to news channels in Aus on FTA for news...

Not wankery channels that play the A-Team or Magnum PI over and over...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
Do yourself a favor and DO NOT listen to Australian news media. I #$%$ hate it.

The only news I watch is the ABC news occasionally or mainly SBS world news.t

They're both Australian news media.

Oo ??

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Thats why I prefer Alex Jones....he tries to wake up everyone to the REAL truth

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
While us aussies are bitchin,
I was trying to see if the Am radio had better news, so was on station Am -1143(NSW), they had a question for there listeners today, and to win the CD the Question was, which japanese cities was bombed by an atomic bomb in WW2.
I couldnt believe my ears.

edit on 16-3-2011 by meathed because: IM really bad at spelling.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Thats why I prefer Alex Jones....he tries to wake up everyone to the REAL truth

Yeah like the NWO caused the quakes by using HAARP and a space satellite with it's pew pew lazors, in combination with the secret radioactive special sauce ronald macdonald has, that he feeds to pigeons which all died en masse near Japan after seeking all the spare sushi, which alters the tectonic plates and combines with the aliens secret glue that they use to hide inside the planet (in the hollow earth), but which then escapes via steam into the atmosphere and the only way to combat it is by the reptilians using drones to create chemtrails camouflaged as contrails to negate it all, yet having the horrible side effects of raping your 4wd in the exhaust pipe till it leaks oil and pollutes your goldfish pond.

Jones is a fruit loop, thank christ he's been silent on all this.. Or at least that I've heard...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

You prove beyond a doubt Alex Jones does not tell the truth......

come on.....show us wise guy how clever you are!

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Obama interview.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

I'm not sure what caused the quake but this sure does stick at the back of my mind.....

www.sweetliberty.org...

inpursuitofhappiness.wordpress.com...

then we have those O.S.S. documents of 1945.......

probabilities? Perhaps

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ballsdeep
I'm speechless, I don't watch TV so forgive me if this is normal, but I wad just now sitting here with some mates after work, the tv was on in the background; I looked up to a channel go! "newsburst" where the reporter stated "the nuclear power station in japan has caught on fire, it is now safe though and workers have returned as normal". That was all on japan.

It was spoken simply like that too..are they actually getting away with this consistently?

God god i worry about humanity sometimes , I really really do.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by badw0lf

You prove beyond a doubt Alex Jones does not tell the truth......

that's not hard!

come on.....show us wise guy how clever you are!

7 * 7 is 49

I am the super clever!

Actually not sure what you're asking here..

?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Unless I've missed it, I find it incredibly strange how during the earthquake and tsunami there was constant live coverage (on one channel almost all day) and since the Nuke Meltdown it's been almost *crickets* on Oz TV regarding indepth information on what's going on.
That really causes me to be more worried about the situation than I normally would be.
I feel like there is a cover up going on.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

its not a cover up per se, but just like the US, it seems AU has decided to move on. We all bitch about how americans can't wait for the next charlie sheen or lindsay lohan story, but it seems its that way all over.

I blame the internet ..jk

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
ABC24 and sbs have had good coverage.And yes for sure it seems the rest of them have better things to report,like football and this seasons winter fashion.Anything to downplay and distract the usual game.

join