It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rooms for Japan! (Or anywhere that needs help!)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I read another thread a little bit ago regarding the situation in Japan and saw multiple people offering rooms of their homes in the USA, Australia, and UK (possibly more places I missed).

I have decided to make a thread for this specific purpose so that the ATS community could show their support in one, localized place. I am not sure if this will be necessary in the long run for Japan, but perhaps if another similar disaster happens "closer to home" there will be a thread people can turn to!

I reside in the Eastern USA and could accomodate 4 people, possibly more.

Thank you ahead of time for your responses, and please pass this along.

All the Best!!!

(Let's take this time to show that humanity can unite peacefully to help one another!)
edit on 15-3-2011 by donatellanator because: Clarity

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by donatellanator

Well we live in southeast Kansas
I could take in a couple of folks if need be...
the bad side is I live with another ATS member Daddybare and god does he snore!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I don't have my own place but I would be more than willing to help anybody relocate over here. I am in Philadelphia, PA.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteRabit

This is great! Thank you for your support. I have a cat who snores, luckily the hub doesn't

edit on 15-3-2011 by donatellanator because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by youthsavior

Yes, any help is wonderful! I like your idea of helping people relocate. Perhaps this thread can be an all encompassing mode of assistance during disasters. If anyone has anything to offer kind of thing!

I do donate money, but sometimes I just don't think the aid reaches the people who need it most. This is an open exchange of personal giving. I cannot fly to help (no expertise in disaster cleanup) so I am supporting in the best way I personally can.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Great idea OP.
I live in Mie prefecture 300kms south of Tokyo and can accomodate four people for those wanting to get out ASAP, maynot be far enough for some, but it's a start.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I can take 12, but it would be a little cramped. Still better than what any of them are dealing with right now. I have an unfinished basement I could put cots in and an office I could quickly convert to a bedroom to house two more. Im in Louisville Ky. Should the need arise, my house and my arms are open.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mythkiller
Great idea OP.
I live in Mie prefecture 300kms south of Tokyo and can accomodate four people for those wanting to get out ASAP, maynot be far enough for some, but it's a start.

This is awesome! I am so happy that you are offering your space. Since you are on the mainland, there might be something in the works for people needing shelter already in place. I will research this further.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

I made a foible here, deleting it to remove a slight bit of embarassment

Thank you for your response! Very kind of you to offer your home

edit on 15-3-2011 by donatellanator because: yikes, should read closely

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by donatellanator
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

It seems Kansas has very kind people! That's 2 homes in that state alone.
Thank you for your response

He's not from KS... he's in Louisville Ky
you know... home of the Mint Julep the place where they race round on ponies????

and BTW... I do not snore

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

aH jeezx! I read those wrong. I haven't had any coffee today, forgive me.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I live in TN and am willing to take refugees in. We have a small house, but we're willing to help. I have cats though.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
twitter.com...

Email from friend in Japan. He & pregnant wife at Osaka Airport waiting for seat availability on any flight to Europe. Cost of 2 tkts: $20K.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
twitter.com...

Email from friend in Japan. He & pregnant wife at Osaka Airport waiting for seat availability on any flight to Europe. Cost of 2 tkts: $20K.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by tncryptogal
I live in TN and am willing to take refugees in. We have a small house, but we're willing to help. I have cats though.

That is purrrrfect! (sorry my own cat told me to say that)

Thanks for your support! I like your signature, wish I would've thought of that one growing up.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Noahswife
twitter.com...

That is so terrible! I just checked a few sites and couldn't find any tickets at all...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
i've offered my friend and anyone he wants to bring, a place to stay. i will rent them a house.

i don't believe he will take the offer, he will not leave his home and family.

things would have to get REALLY bad and i hope that will never happen.

it is cold there now and without heat and electricity, it has to suck.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I have 1 spare bedroom. Currently there's me, my husband, my 19 year old son and 2 dogs in Orlando, Florida. We do not smoke or drink.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I have a spare bedroom in Arizona.

reply to post by donatellanator

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I don't have much space to offer as I live in a partly renovated house so everything very basic. But I reckon we could sleep two if someone needs it. In Murcia, Spain.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join