It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crimes against nature...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Hi all,
I have heard things about the bush administration not helping the ozone problem, so i decided to do some research of my own.

I did not really find alot ( maybe i wasnt looking for the right thing) but i did find a couple of websites that gave me a little bit more knowlage.

What i did find out shocked me( to an extent)- please take time to read the links! I would like to know opinions about the links....

crimes against nature

more...

If anyone has anymore information and links to other websites about this topic that would be great- as like i said i am not sure how truthful the links are.

Also please tell me if someone has already done a post on this( i did a search but couldnt find anything)

Thanks all.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Wow. Not usually one for Bush, I have to give him credit when it comes to enviornmental issues. Thanks for pointing this out to me! Its not usual to see a gov. official who is not prone to the enviornmentalist knee-jerk reactions to false perceptions about the state of our planet. Thanks alot, Great find!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Their polices reflect their sick and cynical viewpoints and of those who support them. These are people with out Souls. Somewhere in their lives their souls shrivled up and died. They don't care even about the world their children and grandchildren will live in. The policies they support are an extension of the disease that lives inside them. I don't know why they don't just go out and shoot themselves. How can they stand themselves?

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 06:11 AM
link   
We have people dumping toxic waste in oceans shooting toxic waste at innocent civilians.
Why are people doing this the world will end up as a giant rubbish dump who wants that oh George Bush

Where did this money oil hungry wannabe dictator come from.
He sounds the devil himself bringing torment to human and animal life!

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I hadnt really thought about it, but the more i read the more i get worried that the bush admin is really messing alot up- but the fact he harms the environment aswell as everyhting else is crazy- does this man and his people want to destroy everything.

If i find anymore information i will let you all know...

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Cloaked in meticulously crafted language designed to deceive the public, the administration intends to eliminate the nation's most important environmental laws by the end of the year. Under the guidance of Republican pollster Frank Luntz, the Bush White House has actively hidden its anti-environmental program behind deceptive rhetoric, telegenic spokespeople, secrecy and the intimidation of scientists and bureaucrats. The Bush attack was not entirely unexpected. George W. Bush had the grimmest environmental record of any governor during his tenure in Texas. Texas became number one in air and water pollution and in the release of toxic chemicals. In his six years in Austin, he championed a short-term pollution-based prosperity, which enriched his political contributors and corporate cronies by lowering the quality of life for everyone else

You know British Columbia is has such clean air that people who aren't from there get allergies because the pollution from where they were originally from held down their allergies like pollen?
But in B.C there is nothing to hold them down so they get their allergies because the air is so pure???

People there are so environmentally friendly, they have recycling in every restaurant, cafe, ect...

Total tree huggers and that is a place respects their environment, they understand....

Bush needs to go......He is a danger to the American people... No more Halliburton, no more water pollutants, no more deciet... He needs to go...

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank
Their polices reflect their sick and cynical viewpoints and of those who support them. These are people with out Souls. Somewhere in their lives their souls shrivled up and died. They don't care even about the world their children and grandchildren will live in. The policies they support are an extension of the disease that lives inside them. I don't know why they don't just go out and shoot themselves. How can they stand themselves?

Thanks for the intelligent, cogent and factual response to the issue at hand. The fact that you were able to clearly support your argument with such convincing facts while avoiding the use of any ad hominems or such venemous vitriol stands as an example to all of us. In the future, we will all look forward to your factual representations.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
sorry kozmo a little confused! was your comment to me??!! lol

That is a really dumb question-but i had to ask.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Thanks for the intelligent, cogent and factual response to the issue at hand. The fact that you were able to clearly support your argument with such convincing facts while avoiding the use of any ad hominems or such venemous vitriol stands as an example to all of us. In the future, we will all look forward to your factual representations.

Do I take it from this "factual representation" that contrary to slank's personal opinion you are of the view that these people are doing something right? Correct me if I'm wrong.

These people have clearly demonstrated that they have no intention of ruling in the best interest of the masses, much less the environment. The oily-garchy now in charge has clearly demonstrated its intentions and is also responsible for this little mess.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Bush seems to think the earth can withstand anything.

The cargo ship was carrying 70 tons of mahogany that had been illegally cut in the Brazilian Amazon. The Justice Department brought no charges against the shipper, despite the fact that the importation violated both U.S. law and international treaties. [1]

www.bushgreenwatch.org...

Havn't we seen enough timber cut down? Brazilian authorities havn't really done much either.. not sure if they don't have the authority or just plain don't care. Sometime in the near future they will though.

One and one-half acres of rainforest are lost every second with tragic consequences for both developing and industrial countries

www.rain-tree.com...

I wonder how long we can afford to actually let this happend before we realize.. gee its too late to stop because the worlds forests are gone!

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 04:40 AM
link   
It will have to get to the point where there are no forests- and then we will say 'oh dear'. Well we'd probably be saying more than that.

Humans have a tendancy to watch things happen and then do something about it!

Thanks for the two links- will deffinatley have to read through them...

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Report, "Dangerous Dozen: A Look at How Chemical Companies Jeopardize Millions of Americans," U.S. PIRG lists 12 companies that are especially vulnerable to attack or accidental chemical releases because of the large quantities of hazardous substances they store. The list includes such companies as the Clorox Company, DuPont, JCI Jones Chemical, Dow Chemical and others.

July 21, 2004
Vital Health, Safety Information Endangered by Transportation Bill Secrecy Provision

July 20, 2004
Report Reveals Bush Administration Has Blocked Court-Approved Payments to Black Farmers

"It's a classic demonstration of the hypocrisy of the administration on the one hand eroding civil liberties as part of its Homeland Security efforts, and on the other hand being unwilling to regulate oil and chemical companies who are close friends to this administration," Rick Hind, legislative director for the Greenpeace Toxics Campaign, told BushGreenWatch.

"There are no real preventive measures" for protecting Americans from terrorist attacks involving chemical companies, he said. READ MORE

The environment is very important and people don't pay attention to it as much s they should, it's more of a convenient thing to worry about, I guess when there's nothing else going on on your plate then maybe people will start worrying about it...

If Americans really care about health and safety we should be taking measures to boycott target companies, write letters, pressure congressmen, ect...

This is just going to get worse, look at our our lakes, there's many "ACCIDENTAL" toxic spills every other day! the DOW just got busted a few months back, it's absolutely discusting, these aholes want to make a profit and will subject their bull# carelessness on us and we're too #ing lazy to do something about it...

I'm going to have to start doing something about this too...
What filth...

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
So what if there is some pollution. Most of it is from cars and stuff and you cant blame our President for everything that goes wrong. If I had a company I would gladly empty my toxic waste into a river, it is much cheaper than taking it to some mine and then burying it. The ocean takes care of it in a natural way. Our President is not to blame, we are to blame. When was the last time you seprated all your plastics, glass and paper?

[edit on 23-7-2004 by TACHYON]

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TACHYON
So what if there is some pollution. Most of it is from cars and stuff and you cant blame our President for everything that goes wrong. If I had a company I would gladly empty my toxic waste into a river, it is much cheaper than taking it to some mine and then burying it. The ocean takes care of it in a natural way. Our President is not to blame, we are to blame. When was the last time you seprated all your plastics, glass and paper?

how ignorant are you! first of all i recycle all the time...
it's our jobs to keep our environment healthy like it is to keep our bodies healthy and i'm aware it's cheaper to do so but too #ing bad regulate it....
And it's not just smog and car pollutants, why do you jump the gun and act like yo uknow it all, obviously your knowledge on the subject is smaller then you think, nor do you care to go research the problems.

How about you go take a nice glass of that water you emptied your cars pollutants into... hypothetically speaking of course... you wouldn't.

Bodies of water can't filter out unnatural substances...

Lake ontario doesn't even freeze over anymore because of all the highly toxic chemicals in it, AND THATS A FRESH BODY OF WATER...

FILTER IT OUT??? MY ASS...

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
True Lies if you are so worked up about the ozone, have you decided on buying an electric car if you already have a gas powered one?

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   

[edit on 23-7-2004 by TACHYON]

ummmmm........i actualy recycle and i dont drive- and i dont smoke- so yeah i do what i can for the enivironment.

Its when people dont care - yes bush is to blame- if you read the links you will see the proof....

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   

True Lies if you are so worked up about the ozone, have you decided on buying an electric car if you already have a gas powered one?

It's not just the ozone pinhead. I see your trying to tap dance around the truth , what are you a ceo of a filthy corporation trying to defend your dispicable acts??
Or are you a hardcore republican willing to sacrifice the truth in order to stick up for bush because he too is a republican?? I have a feeling your trying to debate me through your political standing rather then just being straightforward and truthful... Your one of the two...

Now how about that glass of water... you didn't answer my question..

Would you really drink a glass of water knowing you poured your car's toxic chemicals in it because you actually believe the water could filter itself out??

Who the hell are you trying to kid...

[edit on 23-7-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Enough with the name calling, people.

Stop it.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I second that Banshee!

I didnt want to cause conflict!!

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies

It's not just the ozone pinhead. I see your trying to tap dance around the truth , what are you a ceo of a filthy corporation trying to defend your dispicable acts??
Or are you a hardcore republican willing to sacrifice the truth in order to stick up for bush because he too is a republican?? I have a feeling your trying to debate me through your political standing rather then just being straightforward and truthful... Your one of the two...

Now how about that glass of water... you didn't answer my question..

Would you really drink a glass of water knowing you poured your car's toxic chemicals in it because you actually believe the water could filter itself out??

Who the hell are you trying to kid...

[edit on 23-7-2004 by TrueLies]

Even if our President will make a mistake I will still be by his side. You dont abandon your General in a war do you?You dont put your king in front of a rook do you?If you want to change things, maybe you should turn into a Rep, if you are not already one and then write to your congressman about your concerns. They might listen if it is important.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join