It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan's nightmare gets even WORSE: All THREE damaged nuclear reactors now in 'meltdown' at tsunam

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Japan's nightmare gets even WORSE: All THREE damaged nuclear reactors now in 'meltdown' at tsunami-hit power station

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

The Japanese nuclear reactor hit by the tsunami went into 'meltdown' today, as officials admitted that fuel rods appear to be melting inside three damaged reactors. There is a risk that molten nuclear fuel can melt through the reactor's safety barriers and cause a serious radiation leak. There have already been explosions inside two over-heating reactors at the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear plant, and the fuel rods inside a third were partially exposed as engineers desperately fight to keep them cool after the tsunami knocked out systems. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

i don't know if this has been posted yet, i did a search but did not find a thread.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
well this might help news.search.yahoo.com...=fr2%3Dage%26ei%3DUTF-8%26p%3Dreactor%2Bin%2Bfull%2Bmeltdown%26age%3D1h& tid=trd2&rid=refiner0

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

i meant that i did not find a thread here on ats, i know this is being posted all over the net at the moment, i got the news story via drudge report myself.

i need members help in corraborating this story or debunk it, the is so much mis info and rumours flying around, it is difficult to find the truth in all of this..

i am currently at home watching my daughter, so i don't have all the time to do the research at this time...
edit on 023131p://2011-03-14T14:54:49-05:00201103 by bladdersweat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
It was posted in another thread - can't remember which one.

No idea if the validity of the story has been questions though.....it's so hard to keep up with everything!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
This is the same as all of the other meltdown threads but with the traditional Daily Mail spin of making it sound worse than it is.

See the part about "if it escapes the barrier"....it hasn't yet. Which is why they are trying to slowly release the radioactive steam from the containment barrier.

We are still at 3 failing reactors....two of which had fuel rods exposed anywhere from 15 minutes - 3 hours....the radioactive steam is building up within the barrier....they are still trying to cool them and still trying to systematically release the pressure and steam.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
OMG I just saw this! Does this mean my Anime and Manga will be delayed. That would be really tragic for me :/

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
This is not quite accurate. There was one unsubstantiated report of fuel rods beginning to melt in one of the reactors. But to say that all three and in a genuine state of nuclear meltdown is completely wrong. As someone mentioned though, doom mongering isn't surprising from that particular news outlet.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

thanks for the info, i personally have not been able to fully access the reputation of daily mail's reporting
i don't like being responsible for spreading dis-info, so i will have to try harder to do the research before posting more threads.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imhotepsol
OMG I just saw this! Does this mean my Anime and Manga will be delayed. That would be really tragic for me :/

Yeah that's hilarious.

--

On topic. As if one meltdown wasn't enough. The disaster is still ongoing, it hasn't ended for many...

edit on 14-3-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
okay, i admit my anxiousness in wanting to contribute useful information has fallen short of me doing the research. i'm learning...

i willl ask the moderator of this forum to either kill my thread or move it to skunkworks at least for exposing the mis-info. thanks for the replies, i love how ats is so self regulating.
edit on 033131p://2011-03-14T15:10:28-05:00201103 by bladdersweat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't had a chance to catch up on news or ats at all really today. Let's hope this news is wrong!
It seems to be just one disaster after another.

edit on 14-3-2011 by Wildeagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Wasn't so bad not only did we get FREE CORN, we also got the chance to spread our lucky charms all over the face of mother earth, the dirty dirty thing.

Also as a point of fact your royal family are the Irish line of Royalty, your coronations happen on the same stone our Kings swore their oaths on.

So yeah to summise,
Irish Royalty
+
FREE CORN!!! (I fu**ing love corn)
= Epic Win

edit on 14/3/11 by Imhotepsol because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
(Reuters) - "The risk of a major radiation leak in Japan is subsiding as stricken nuclear reactors cool, but there will be major clean-up costs and three reactors will probably be written off, experts said on Monday."

Sounds like the threat of a cataclysmic meltdown is subsiding....assuming you believe the MSM of course. Here's the full article.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I have always been aware that the daily mail is a fairly good and reputable source for many news items. I would not discard their articles out of hand myself.
This particular news item would be interesting to watch.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

reply to post by mr-lizard

Wasn't so bad not only did we get FREE CORN, we also got the chance to spread our lucky charms all over the face of mother earth, the dirty dirty thing.

How's the subjication of public offices, the Illuminati, body scanners and Marshall law working out

So yeah to summise

FREE CORN!!!

I was being rhetorical but i think your attitude stinks, you're more concerned about your childish comics, than the lives of hundreds of thousands of people?
Are you trolling, or are you just a natural jerk?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildeagle

Boooo@you for not having the inate sense of sarcasm your country men are blessed with.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Imhotepsol

The situation in Japan right now, has no place for sarcasm nor jokes in my heart. Maybe ok for you, but not for me.

Now. You have a good day, won't you. Ta ra.
edit on 14-3-2011 by Wildeagle because: Spellcheck

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildeagle

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't had a chance to catch up on news or ats at all really today. Let's hope this news is wrong!
It seems to be just one disaster after another.

edit on 14-3-2011 by Wildeagle because: (no reason given)

Well, the tricky bit is to see the positive side. Not only are they working around the clock to try and release the pressure in the reactors, but it's actually quite reassuring to see so many people working together from all over the world.

But yes, you're right, it's not over yet. But hopefully something good will come from this. From what i've been reading some of the Russians have offered to accept the Japanese people into their country, the UK have donated emergency supplies, the US are apparently trying to fix the reactors and the rest of the world are either on their way or donating money to the Japanese people.

(Incidentally, i notice you're from Ireland, I hope you realise i wasn't making light of the famine, more a case of showing the idiot above that it's not cool to mock the dead.

Peace

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
okay, i have asked the moderaters to weigh in on my thread and if we find this to be debunked mis-info then by all mens please skunkwork this,

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Imhotepsol

I think almost all of the well known mangaka have been accounted for. The only one I think was still unaccounted for last time I checked was Masashi Kishimoto (Naruto). But what I'm hearing is that's probably because the man avoids technology like the plague - no twitter, facebook, or any social network presence and he only just recently had gotten internet access.

Also all Manga and Anime will be delayed (understandably) until further notice. However Shonen Jump says that all artists have already turned in their work before the quake.
edit on 3/14/2011 by Terrormaster because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join