It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake moved Japan coast 8 feet; shifted Earth's axis

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
and again...i was awaiting this confirmation..

The powerful earthquake that unleashed a devastating tsunami Friday appears to have moved the main island of Japan by 8 feet (2.4 meters) and shifted the Earth on its axis.

"At this point, we know that one GPS station moved (8 feet), and we have seen a map from GSI (Geospatial Information Authority) in Japan showing the pattern of shift over a large area is consistent with about that much shift of the land mass," said Kenneth Hudnut, a geophysicist with the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS).

Reports from the National Institute of Geophysics and Volcanology in Italy estimated the 8.9-magnitude quake shifted the planet on its axis by nearly 4 inches (10 centimeters).

Source : Quake moved Japan coast 8 feet; shifted Earth's axis

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Heard about all that earlier as well.

Horrible situation and some really "interesting" consequences. (Interesting as in the old Chinese curse)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Finally, I found someone talk about this - it was over the Italian news yesterday. They were just naturally talking about this earthquake causing a 10cm pole shift.

I didn`t seem to find any such threads here - and I thought it was weird, given it being ATS...

Or maybe I missed a major thread on this?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
A single major Earthquake can shift the earth on it's axis, but Pole Shift theories from the likes of Charles Hapgood are total bunk because....

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Maybe I missed it in the article but what direction (North, East, South, West) has Japan shifted and how does Earth's axis look now?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
the next major shift will take place on march 15th --!! prepare

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Australiana
reply to post by heineken

Maybe I missed it in the article but what direction (North, East, South, West) has Japan shifted and how does Earth's axis look now?

The island, according to the information, shifted to the East by 8 feet.

I am unsure on the axis information.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sarahko
Finally, I found someone talk about this - it was over the Italian news yesterday. They were just naturally talking about this earthquake causing a 10cm pole shift.

I didn`t seem to find any such threads here - and I thought it was weird, given it being ATS...

Or maybe I missed a major thread on this?

you were right about being first on italian channels..they estimated the shift..

Reports from the National Institute of Geophysics and Volcanology in Italy estimated the 8.9-magnitude quake shifted the planet on its axis by nearly 4 inches (10 centimeters).

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Yeah I read about the fact that our days are now ~1 microsecond faster now or something because of the rotation of the Earth has been changed.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Maybe the poles shifted first and caused the earthquake..

Just putting it out there...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
This isn't an area I know anything really about, so I wonder if maybe someone with more knowledge on the matter could tell me if this could potentially have an effect on our rotation around the sun, or more specifically, could that small shift now lead to our path coming closer to the Elenin comet later in the year?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
What effect will this have on GPS?
I doubt a very large one - but obviously the satellites may need some recalibration.

Here's the thing. Checkout how much GPS is actually worth, in Europe alone:

Brits are “dangerously over-reliant” on satellite navigation systems, according to the Royal Academy of Engineering People in the UK have become overly reliant on satellite navigation systems such as GPS, making the technology a prime target for criminals intent on disrupting the country’s infrastructure. The European Commission estimates that an €800 billion (£690bn) segment of the European economy is currently dependent on global navigation satellite systems (GNSS). A report released today by the Royal Academy of Engineering warns that the range of applications using GNSS is now so broad that signal failure or interference could affect safety systems and other critical parts of the economy. “GPS and other GNSS are so useful and so cheap to build into equipment that we have become almost blindly reliant on the data they give us,” said Dr Martyn Thomas, chairman of the Academy’s GNSS working group. “A significant failure of GPS could cause lots of services to fail at the same time, including many that are thought to be completely independent of each other.”

£680 billion. That's $1092 BILLION DOLLARS.

source: www.eweekeurope.co.uk...
edit on 12-3-2011 by SecretSky because: added source

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Sorry I don't have links, but read about this earlier tonight my time.

It said a shift of 10 inches for the Earth's Axis. In doing so it has caused the Earth to gain a few millionths of a second per day. The 2004 Indonesian Earthquake also caused the day to be a few millionths of a second quicker.

It also said any effects of this axis shift won't really be known for a century or so.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
The powers that be are causing the earthquakes to intentionally shift the magnetic poles.

Currently they have the technology for anti gravity etc but the anti gravity crafts do not work as they are supposed to while in flight close to the earth.

The only way to correct the problem is to shift the poles into a pre planned position and soon afterwards they will have total control over the world and all its countries through full control of global air space.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I am sorry but I am really ignorant of these types of things. So I have to ask.....

If the axis of the Earth as a planet did indeed shift, what exactly does that mean? How would the effect the planet? Life on the planet? Would it have any effect on weather patterns?

I am not making any suggestions, I am just genuinely curious and have no idea what could happen if the Earth shifted on it's axis.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Is here any or does anyone have anymore information on the Rupture in the Earths crust which has occured as a resultof this Earthquake?

And is there anyone in ATS,whom have heard of this happening before, and what are the concequences of this happening and what effects is this going to have on the Planet as a whole.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Damn, looks like this pole shift thing is really gonna happen sometime in our lifetimes. As far as I know, this is only the beginning and that we shouldn't just come to the conclusion that this was just another natural disaster...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoxfilesMulder
The powers that be are causing the earthquakes to intentionally shift the magnetic poles.

Yes, that could be true, earth is always in a natural process of pole shift. And through the use of technology this process can be accelerated, just stirring of the liquid metal in the outer core is required, this will cause magnetic field to change its characteristics. And any pulse weapon with a correct frequency can accomplish that.

A new magnetic poles can be made through such process, and then the physical poles will automatically move to align with these newly formed poles.

Possibility of a Man made "Polar Shift" ?

edit on 12/3/11 by vinay86 because: Content.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
its 10 centimeters not ten feet.....10centimeters = 25.4 inches

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
its 10 centimeters not ten feet.....10centimeters = 25.4 inches

no try it again that would be 2 feet and one inch

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join