It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the BIG United States earthquake coming?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by lordvader

Sick because I see a viable solution to a problem?

please, grow up child.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by HaveAnotherOne

You realize that the people of California would not be the only ones hurt. What of those visiting? Why would you hope for so much death? I personally came back the California for my parents death. Now i own the house I live in. You suggest I should die because I am here. Yet have only been here a few months. I am not sure you see the scope of the Deaths you seem to be hoping for.You act as though California would be the only state effected by such a giant EQ.
Seems like you destroying a hospital cus of a few rats.. That makes little sence.
edit on 11-3-2011 by Therian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by HaveAnotherOne
reply to post by mileslong54

Can you not afford it?

Maybe a job and some insurance would help.

Give it a try.

I work for the government in education and have great health care insurance, own my own home, no credit cards and am happy in California. Keep trying though, you'll figure something out eventually.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
People ignore the Troll!

On topic, well nothing to say, but am thinking the states are overdue for a big one. Guess all we can say here and now is it's a wait and see thing.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Why am I not surprised you are a government teacher?

They aren't exactly well known for their intelligence, all of their current whining is a prime example of that.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Why am I not surprised you are a government teacher?

They aren't exactly well known for their intelligence, all of their current whining is a prime example of that.

Not a teacher, though I have lots of respect for them, because they also have to deal with kids that have not been educated by their parents. I'm a technician, what do you do besides Troll on ATS?
edit on 11-3-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

a) not a troll.

b) Perfectly happy and comfortable small business owner.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Good Grief People.

Please Stop the personal sniping and get back on topic!

Is the BIG United States earthquake coming?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Well I can say without a doubt and there's science to back this up, the Japan and the Kansas Earthquakes will trigger others here in the states and other fault lines as well, how massive it will be? Only God knows. I did dream we were having a tsunami in Florida. May be a prediction, may just be from all the stuff about Japan I heard before I went to sleep.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

reply to post by Darkk

I am not from any one state, I have lived in quite a few states. I currently reside in the midwest.

Supporting irresponsible fiscal and social polices would be a good place to investigate their stupidity.

1. It is worrying because earthquakes of this magnitude do send shockwaves throughout the globe. Which IMO could trigger other fault lines.

2. Troll

3. The destruction of California will only cause more financial problems for the entire country.

4. Why do you omit the federal government's fiscal policies that are destroying the country?

Stealing from social security trust funds and leaving i.o.u.s, to pay for the war machine. Massive federal debt caused by both parties.

You have an awful attitude. Why do you hate California so much if you live in the midwest?
I only wish I knew what your small business was, so that I would be sure to steer people away from you.
edit on 11-3-2011 by leemachino because: to stay on topic

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by leemachino

I must admit I am a little ashamed for falling into a troll trap.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 9Cib27

Well, I live in Southern California, so like Japan, the BIG ONE is always on the horizon. It seems like every 20 years or so we get a pretty large quake, so honestly, a big quake really wouldn't surprise me. Apparently Cal Tech satellites have been monitoring ground stresses on the San Andreas fault lately, and they're showing sufficient tension at the moment to produce something in the neighborhood of a 7.0 earthquake. Sometime in the next few years we'll probably get one.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Considering what happened in Haiti, New Zealand and now Japan, all of which were situated on fault lines, you now have to fear for California if the San Andreas fault line begins to move. Those above who think that the death of thousands in California is something to joke about and laugh at should hang their silly little empty vacuous heads in shame...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CholmondleyWarner

San Andreas fault is one thing, Cascadia Subduction Zone is quite another.

Of course, we all know it will happen eventually... It could be tomorrow, but it could also be hundreds of years from now. Prepare as you can and then live your life. That is all that one really can do... And I agree with you, lots of comments in poor taste (given the circumstances) people need to grow up around here.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
If there is a big quake comming for california and according to scientists one is due, you are in the richest country in the world regardless of the economic situation no expence would be spared (at least compared to other countries) in the releif effort. Whatever your thoughts are about what causes these events, they happen and 99.9 percent of the population cant do a dam thing about it (meaning most of us are stuck where we are). It's just human nature when we see events like this to picture what would be if something like this was to strike where we live but regardless of race there are people who have the same thoughts as we all do who are suffering and need help. The look on the faces of the survivors in Japan, one of the richest countries in the world, is exactly the same as those in Haiti one of the poorest. It's almost impossible to take anything from events like these but one thing that should not be lost is that despite religion, colour or economic status we are all on this planet together so if events like what happened today in Japan should happen elsewhere in the world the international reaction would be the same be it America, Europe, Asia or Africa. Goverments may only do so much but there is still enough goodness in the world that people will always help those in need. Do anything you can to help those in Japan regardless of how little u feel it can help, one day you may be thankfull for a little help yourself.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 9Cib27

I once knew a girl who was in the miltary. One time she told me how a major earthquake would trigger this huge volcano in the USA. She told me of the exercises they had planned and of something that sounded like triggering a volcano to stop a world wide diaster? I thought she was crazy at the time. Now I am not so sure and I wish I would have listed more to her.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by 9Cib27
There is only 1 place where the quakes haven't struck in the "ring of fire" and that is The United States... Could the San Andres or The New Madrid Fault Zone be the final "smoothing" of the plates?

My theory is the super quake would cause a Yellowstone eruption...

I don't think Yellowstone will erupt anytime soon. Probably not for millions of years.

But California is due for a big quake.

And since the topic is U.S. earthquakes, I remember seeing something on TV once about a fault line somewhere around Missouri. That's the one that everyone's worried about. Because none of the buildings there are earthquake-proof-- so it would be extremely devastating if another earthquake happened there.

Oddly, for a number of years, I've been "seeing" an earthquake happening in Phoenix of all places. Looked it up and Phoenix has really never had a quake above a 6.0 . There are faultlines, and I've got a few maps for them. But what I "see" is when I'm driving around town and just for a second - it's like I see something collapse. For example, I won't drive under the Grand Ave bridge where Indian School/Grand go over the top of 35th Ave. I always see that one collapsing, on top of the cars. All along the 202, right pass the 51 interchange-- I see streetlights toppled over across the highway - and they have to pick up the streetlights before they can open it back up again. Phoenix just isn't built for earthquakes. Oh yeah, and the southbound westside 101 interchange to the I-10 curve -- it doesn't collapse, but breaks - like a big gap. The I-17 north stack over the top of I-10, it collapses in a couple of spots. I don't know...been seeing this for years. I hope I'm wrong. I really truly hope I'm wrong. Phoenix just isn't built for earthquakes and I've never experienced one here before.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join