It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the BIG United States earthquake coming?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I have been watching a lot of live news coverage of the Japan earthquake and tsunamis afterwards. One thing I have noticed when the different news organizations ask a scientist if this amount of severe magnitude earthquakes is unusual; the scientists all seem to agree that The Earth's plates move together, and also calm and push each other and the 2004 Indonesian quake created a "super rift" that is moving throughout the ring of fire.

There is only 1 place where the quakes haven't struck in the "ring of fire" and that is The United States... Could the San Andres or The New Madrid Fault Zone be the final "smoothing" of the plates?

A lot of users on ATS, GLP, and famous psychics call for Japan to undergo a huge earthquake before the U.S.'s record largest quake ever.

My theory is the super quake would cause a Yellowstone eruption...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I want to encourage people to listen to their bodies and to watch the animals. Do not take anyone's opinion about a situation seriously until you consult your heart first. If you feel approaching danger, or if animals are acting extremely strange... I would suggest getting out of buildings, having preperations ready, canned food, ect.
Buy a camping tent ?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by HaveAnotherOne
reply to post by 9Cib27

Lets hope the San Andreas goes big time. With California off the map, maybe some semblance of normal will return.

Yeah you are wishing for the death of people and californa is the whacky place. Maybe you should move to california and get your grade 10 through our education system. The San Andreas fault line is only a very small part of the state.

But to the op:
You are right a big one IS going to hit the US sooner or later. but it has nothing to do with those other quakes, eventually there will be another earthquake just like it will eventually rain again.
edit on 11-3-2011 by Darkk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkk

Perhaps you should go back to school instead.

800+ miles is hardly a small portion.

If you were able to read a map, you would see if it goes, it will have a devastating effect on some of the largest population centers in the state.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus13

Thank you, someone that has common sense! Blaming a race, country or state for the problems in the world is complete ignorance.

BTW - I'm not fighting him, just disgusted, and I do not wish any harm on anyone. I agree that people should be coming together and not fighting each other.
edit on 11-3-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

reply to post by Darkk

Perhaps you should go back to school instead.

800+ miles is hardly a small portion.

If you were able to read a map, you would see if it goes, it will have a devastating effect on some of the largest population centers in the state.

The section that would effect LA is only cpable of producing an 8.1 earthquake, and most of the oter places are areas like the slaton sea,death valley and other nowhere places. it is a big quake but with the ammount of retrofitting that was done after the northridge one it would not be as bad as people might think. The northridge earthquake was 6.7 and the buildings were not retrofitted yet and we only had 33 deaths.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

reply to post by mileslong54

Sometimes you cant fix stupid, as California has repeatedly shown.

A 9.9 or better monster is our only hope.

Yea, the bad governing and bad spending is all the California's people's fault, like we have any control over when the elite do, wake up man, your just feeding the ignorance. BTW - a 9.9 here would likely end your life too, no matter where you are.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
There are several problems with the theories that are being presented here in this form. Any earthquake that would affect California down the San Andreas would only affect a small area, and that is due to the geology of the region. Take the LA/Orange county region, the reason why a small quake, around 6.0 would be bad, is cause of the strata it is located on, combined with the fact it is surrounded by mountainous regions. The quake would act like a drop in a large pot, the waves would bounce around, but go no further and the damage would be localized. The faults to watch, would not be those in that region, rather it would be those in the middle of the country, namely the New Madrid fault line, cause any major earthquake there would cause a lot more damage to many states in a complete circle. Going from the east coast up to the front range of the rocky mountains and down south. That is the one that would be more devastating, and cause the greater amount of damage to the country.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Im new to ATS and was not a bigtime lurker before, is killing off of people that are seen as "undesireable" a common theme here on this site?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkk

Not so much a common theme, but when the idiots refuse to leave, and/or smarten up, other viable options must be considered.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join