It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sexual inuendo in kids movies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I love the addition of adult humour to kids movies now like Shrek. It makes watching my younger cousins actually enjoyable because I get an excuse to watch stuff like Lilo & Stitch.

Then again, go back to one of your childhood favourites and watch it as an adult, you'd be surprised at how much innuendo you'll find.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

Lol is it sad that I still watch all my childhood favorite movies? These include, nightmare on elm street, friday the 13th, the goonies, lost boys, dances with wolves, 3 ninjas.... The only kids stuff I was really into was TNMT and thundercats lmao. I havent seen those in forever!
edit on Thu, 10 Mar 2011 23:04:50 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by RestingInPieces

Kids mostly are not as perverted as older individuals, so they likely wouldn't find that very funny because they wouldn't automatically associate "hole" with anus and/or vagina.

Sex is a mystery to young children, and they do tend to miss sexual innuendo; however, they are alive to scatological references from a very young age. Some of my earliest memories are of other kids and me giggling at poopoo and peepee jokes. Private parts, too, were always good for a laugh. And yes, there was the excitement and curiosity associated with these taboo things and places from the outset.

By the age of five (if not earlier), I would certainly have associated 'hole' with both anus and vagina.

You can call me a pervert too, if you like.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

For me it was the Addams Family. I hadn't seen it in years and it was on TBS so I gave it a go. I was totally shocked at how much adult humour is in it. Made it a great watch because it felt like a brand new movie.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I was watching oswald on Nickelodean 1 day with my 2 year old niece. This is what I saw. Notice how after everybody gets a piece of his banana it seems to wilt. One of my favorite personal examples regarding this topic. I was just like, "REALLLY!!??" Creators add them in so adults will "enjoy" being at the movies with their children. I watched an interview regarding this once. Sorry no source. But enjoy Oswald's Big Banana Day. L

Big Banana Day.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Skins was a show made for British teens and with stuff that catered to them like bad language, sex and other stuff so I wouldn't class that (or the US remake) as sexual innuendo in kids movies.

Disney though.....

And yeah, Shrek's awesome for it. "You think he's compensating for something?" Great movie.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by RestingInPieces

You were laughing your ass off because you are a pervert.

Kids mostly are not as perverted as older individuals, so they likely wouldn't find that very funny because they wouldn't automatically associate "hole" with anus and/or vagina.

There is nothing in this thread that suggests the user is a pervert. Sexual innuendo is a perfectly normal and non-perverted thing to notice.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Whatever ones belief in the sexualization of children it must be said the children i knew as a kid didnt really know of the mass media and hole jokes were all part of the parcel.
I dont blame the media ,its something else causing it.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by HeresHowItGoes

Just curious, when you were a kid, how much time did you spend watching TV? I know when I was a kid it was on average an hour a day, except on rainy days. We would rather be out playing army, manhunt, and ninja turtles back then. TV was never really a huge part of my life, even now I would rather be out doing something, learning or working on my art. It seems a lot of kids this generation spend waaaaaay too much time sitting in front of the TV.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join