It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has gold hit its peak?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by manta78

without question this is what will happen.

bring on $2000oz and beyond

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
"Has gold hit its peak?,"

no

Gold will peak when the Fed stops printing money.

Which will be never, at least until the currency becomes defunct.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
well it has started www.kitco.com... from the link

Real-time: 14:28:22 ET Change: -40.80(-2.69%)
Bid: 1475.70 High: 1523.20
Ask: 1476.70 Low: 1472.50
can you say ouch!!!! that is a big hurt if you bought at $1520.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Gold and Silver Sell Offs Are Precious Metals Bull Market Investment Opportunities
Commodities / Gold and Silver 2011
May 05, 2011 - 12:55 PM

By: Jeb_Handwerger

"One must take advantage of sell-offs in gold and silver miners; they are opportunities to get on board the secular bull market in precious metals."
...www.marketoracle.co.uk...

this latest 4-5 day tempest is past...
but be anticipatory of the next 2-3 day downturn so you too can preserve some modicum of wealth-value, that seems to be the model for us to follow for this stage of the game

BTW...early Gold index is up $21.00 $16.10 and its only 10AM in the western world

this excerpt was also in my mailbox & worth passing on..

The Sinking of QE2

Chris Mayer
You'll recall that QE2 -- the fancy name for the Fed's market manipulations -- ends June 30. There is no particular reason why that date should be anything special. It's the official end of QE2. But the market will likely anticipate the end of QE2 before it actually ends.
As Barron's put it recently:

"Just as risk markets began to rally months ahead of the actual start last November of the Federal Reserve's program to purchase an additional $600 billion of Treasury securities, these same markets may be beginning to anticipate the end of the central bank's buying."

If this holds true, then the market ought to fall as QE peters out, all other things being equal (which they never are).

There are many ways to show how the Fed is turning the market into its own personal yo-yo. The easiest way to see how the market spins up and down with a jerk of the Fed's massive balance sheet is to plot the two against each other. When the Fed expands its balance sheet (by buying stuff, thereby putting money out there), the market rises. When it contracts its balance sheet (by selling stuff, thereby taking in cash), the market sags.

i have been looking at June as the end of QE2 & the expected 'corrections' in equities and all commodities including gold & silver... i guess i subconsciously knew that this May correction was the anticipated June response come early (as said in the e-mail) and i'm glad i've been buying up gold equities the wholetime this short 5 day correction/mini bear has been going on.
i am in the process of replacing the earlier shares redeemed with less costly shares for the same dollars...(well actually cheaper dollars so i'm doing even better than figured---but at the expense of not buying 'stock up' items for use later as utile items for personal use or as future trade items)

edit on 6-5-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
i hope your thinking of selling, it not well i warned you www.kitco.com... it can only go down hill from here.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
can you say ouch!!!! that is got to hurt www.kitco.com... and there will be no up hill climb all down hill from here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join